3 weeks with Huawei/Google Nexus 6P and iPhone 6 - A Layman's review

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Which content you talking about if it aint exclusive to an OS, I am sure what you can find in App store you can find on play store as well. There is nothing in apple that Android cannot do, vice versa might not be true always ...

Infinity Blade (and it's milked sequels) and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies is the only reason I borrow my sister's ipad from time to time.. Other than that, id say Android has all other kinds of games and apps that I require, I spend a buttload of time playing nintendo DS games using DrasticDSEmulator (Zelda and Phoenix Wright Justice for all)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
recent one is hyperlapse from instagram
and quote from developer Available in Android play store ? | Page 2 | Vainglory Community Forums. So fragmentation, iOS users being more bankable, and easy hacking are three problem areas.

seriously, in some spaces (video game content) even now Nintendo and Sony compete more with iOS than Android.
Will believe Android has arrived when Metacritic - Movie Reviews, TV Reviews, Game Reviews, and Music Reviews starts rating droid titles.

And, *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes_Originals

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
recent one is hyperlapse from instagram
and quote from developer Available in Android play store ? | Page 2 | Vainglory Community Forums. So fragmentation, iOS users being more bankable, and easy hacking are three problem areas.

seriously, in some spaces (video game content) even now Nintendo and Sony compete more with iOS than Android.
Will believe Android has arrived when Metacritic - Movie Reviews, TV Reviews, Game Reviews, and Music Reviews starts rating droid titles.

And, *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes_Originals

People or users care less about some stupid review site. I depend more on rating and the reviews on the play store itself.

Have you forgotten nvidia shield games etc. They were android exlusive. Also, people have even hacked there androids to make them work on devices on which they were not meant to run at all. Diversification is not at all bad. It means that whatever exclusive content Samsung, Sony, htc etc would develop for there android devices would also be available on other devices as well.

Apart from them, Everybody have exclusive titles and apps. Android have many apps that are simply not available on iPhone. Also, there are many alternatives out there. Android is all about alternatives. If you want to play a game. Then there are always many alternative game on android with better graphics and extra options.

The more I see search nowadays android apps are mostly developed first. And only then ios apps come up. Infact many apps that are being developed here in india dont even have an ios alternative.

I did write which is not exclusive to an OS .... games often are launched exclusive, and in that aspect obviously we cannot do much ......

Yeah, similarly ios using people cannot do much about android exclusives. Also android have huge developer support that iPhone simply cannot match.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^which Indian ones, not available on iOS ?

and yeah, I agree, Android is all about alternatives. Android has 12 best alternatives to Bloodmasque.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
not true at all
ios apps are developed first and ios apps are better optimised than android apps any day
also android apps are nowhere near the level of ios apps
agreed, ios has its limitations but that doesnt mean the os as a whole is lacking

I simply dont get the hate for ios and windows phone at all , give credit where due
android has its own issues

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Flipkart and Myntra apps on my Android (opo) perform much much better than on my iP4 and iPad mini where they hang and always load stuff.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Bias is a relative term.
sure, but at the same time, there are some easily identifiable signs of bias or red flags
if you pick and choose points valid to one point of view, or ignore or gloss over or try to explain away a contrasting pov, that is confirmation bias.
if you follow certain behavior patterns to engage with technology, and expect all of tech to be exactly like your usage, that is a classic example of the bandwagon effect. just to be pre-empt any mindless keyboard bashing, and in the interest of clarity, this herd mentality is os agnostic.
there is something called the spiral of silence, where majority opinions bully out the voices of the equally valid minority opinions

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
sure, but at the same time, there are some easily identifiable signs of bias or red flags
if you pick and choose points valid to one point of view, or ignore or gloss over or try to explain away a contrasting pov, that is confirmation bias.
if you follow certain behavior patterns to engage with technology, and expect all of tech to be exactly like your usage, that is a classic example of the bandwagon effect. just to be pre-empt any mindless keyboard bashing, and in the interest of clarity, this herd mentality is os agnostic.
there is something called the circle of silence, where majority opinions bully out the voices of the equally valid minority opinions

Seriously, have you been drinking lately! Smoking Or taking some drugs maybe?

Anyways, be happy with your iphone. Nobody wants to take it away from you. Just relax and spend the rest of your life thinking about the Awesome piece of hardware in your hand. And leave other less mortals to lead there life with other not so heavenly android or windows mobile.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ooh no Im not worried about anyone taking away my iphone. like there is an app for that, findmyiphone. I am just worried about those who would have enjoyed an iPhone but are discouraged from that heavenly choice because of biased opinions of lesser mortals.

rachitrt23

Broken In
Now if someone else comes with a term like that which says you are the one who is biased. Will it still be used as a reference? You just proved what i was saying bias is a relative term.
And the point of circle of silence it can be applied to iOS agnostic users as well. Infact all the points made can be applied to the camp where you stand.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
example of content
*www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10...24610777664.193516.30899502664&type=1&theater

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Did you even read what I wrote???

You can't buy an app even if its free without iTunes installed on your comp. That is retarded.

Does that mean if I have just an iPhone[whateverModel], I won't be able to buy apps on it if I don't have a PC with iTunes or an iPad ? :O

if fragmentation is no longer a problem, it was a problem that was solved, a problem that Apple never had.

If you're saying it just for the sake of it, then there tons of things for both ecosystems. I very well remember that in early iOS days, one could not forward a msg. Now how about explaining that ?

Anorion said:
Android had project butter, seems to me that it was using more resources for making stuff look smooth rather than the actual work, but that could be my bias
HTC released this infographic, must be similar for other droid OEMs
*www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/htc-update-infographic.jpg

that is not the way Apple does things at all. Cannot compare the two here.

Your point being ?

Android has got multiple device manufacturers against Apple which does by itself, so the process has to differ.

Fragmentation was the problem of this multi-diverse scenario of multiple manufacturers but you can't deny the plethora of options end users are getting. And with fragmentation fading way (I'd say it still exists), the day is not far if not near, when Android will achieve iOS fluidity (yes, iOS really IS fluid).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
not saying just for sake, there were people saying fragmentation is not a problem, so replying to that. yeah watch this video to understand why hardware and software working together so intimately is necessary for the considerations made on a device, and why Android can never achieve that because one company is never going to make both

[YOUTUBE]cSTEB8cdQwo[/YOUTUBE]

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
No doubt that hardware and software integration is of premiere importance, that's why iOS is miles ahead in some aspects. And no one denies that fact. But why you deny the fact that Apple is taking advantage of it's position to force some very unconventional things ? Why you always try to justify them from your point of view ? If some thing is wrong, then it's wrong. And even if you forget the software part for a moment, there are many things done by Apple in hardware segment to create a nuisance. Like not implementing micro USB when every other OEM is following that. And the latest removal of 3.5mm jack. Apple Ditching The Headphone Jack Is Less About Music, More About Royalties. I mean seriously ? The worst problem with Apple users is that they just don't want to accept that there's a (basic) flaw in their ecosystem.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
this is the "vision document" for apple products. *www.vitsoe.com/rw/about/good-design
all choices are based on those principles

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No doubt that hardware and software integration is of premiere importance, that's why iOS is miles ahead in some aspects. And no one denies that fact. But why you deny the fact that Apple is taking advantage of it's position to force some very unconventional things ? Why you always try to justify them from your point of view ? If some things is wrong, then it's wrong. And even if you forget the software part for a moment, there are many things done by Apple in hardware segment to create a nuisance. Like not implementing micro USB when every other OEM is following that. And the latest removal of 3.5mm jack. Apple Ditching The Headphone Jack Is Less About Music, More About Royalties. I mean seriously ? The worst problem with Apple users is that they just don't want to accept that there's a (basic) flaw in their ecosystem.

:+1:

Not to mention the exclusion of microSD card slot (16GB :rofl: only for 650$, most phones have that much for one-sixth of the price) , non-removable batteries.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
wow craftily written. It is a good list of things that Apple claims to do and apparently does not do.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
uh... just found out that Apple's entire exclusive music library is available on Android through Apple Music.

Taylor Swift's discography is nowhere else.

Top Bottom