3 Best Utilities to Monitor Your Hard Disk Health at it’s Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Hard Disk Drive is most essential component as Processor and Motherboard. Without Hard Disk Drive your computer will be totally dumb. It’s very essential to Monitor your Hard Drive Health to maximize it’s performance as well as to eliminate sudden PC Crashes.

Here I will tell you 3 Best Utilities to Maximize your Hard Disk Performance as well as to Monitor it’s Health State.

1. PassMark DiskCheckup - PassMark DiskCheckup allows the user to monitor the SMART attributes of a particular hard disk drive. SMART ( Self Monitoring Analysis & Reporting Technology ) is an interface between a computer’s BIOS (basic input/output system) and the computer hard disk. It is a feature of the Enhanced Integrated Drive Electronics (EIDE) technology that controls access to the hard drive. If S.M.A.R.T is enabled when a computer is set up, the BIOS can receive analytical information from the hard drive and determine whether to send the user a warning message about possible future failure of the hard drive.
  2. HDD Health - It’s is a full-featured failure-prediction agent for machines using Windows 95, 98, NT, Me, 2000 and XP. Sitting in the system tray, it monitors hard disks and alerts you to impending failure. The program uses Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) built into all new hard disks, and can predict failures on your hard drives. A host of alerting features include email, local pop-up messages, net messages, and event logging, while using no system resources.
  3. S.M.A.R.T. Monitoring Tool - smartmontools contains utility programs (smartctl, smartd) to control/monitor storage systems using the Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology System (S.M.A.R.T.) built into most modern ATA and SCSI disks.
With this Superb Tools you can boost your Hard Drive Performance at it’s best as well as get notified if the Software shows you any future Hard Drive Failure Warning. Moreover it’s recommended that you use any one of the above mentioned tool, don’t have multiple installation at a time.

Source: *tech-baby.co.cc/2008/09/29/3-best-utilities-to-monitor-your-hard-disk-health-at-its-best

kapsicum

spice it up
though i m not clear dat u r suggesting to try all or any one of them ...i will try them one by one if it could really help in monitoring the HDD ...

thnks buddy..

acewin

Point Blanc
smart is inbuilt in HDD, the first two are separate softwares utilizing it to give feedback.
Third is also same tool as first 2 but it is from the company owning SMART. This is what I understood from his words.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Well I must say stick to third one. Better try the Other 2, but don't install all of them or any 2 of them running simultaneously ;)

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: 3 Best Utilities to Monitor Your Hard Disk Health at it’s Best

Best Hard Drive Monitoring Cum Benchmarking Tool is HD Tune Free Version, also you can use the simplest possible tool named HW Monitor, that uses no system resources at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom