2TB internal WD Blue? Green? or Black?

dippi_taurus

Broken In
I will be purchasing an internal HDD and I wanted your opinions. The purpose of the HDD will primarily be storage, to play any and all videos stored within and run a few big games. Which among these do you consider good and what are their individual costs?

1. WD Green SATA III 6.0 2TB or
2. WD Blue SATA III 6.0 2TB or
3. WD Black SATA III 6.0 2TB

I have a few WD HDD's with me and so far they haven't given me problems. Also, they are a little bit cheaper compared to Seagate. I'm not against purchasing Seagate HDD's so, if there is a better HDD wrt to their corresponding WD counterpart then I'm open to buy them.

Regards.

Last edited:
get blue. black is the fastest but most expensive; green is the cheapest but not reliable. WD Blue 2 TB should be available for 5.8k.

AKRICK

Broken In
I got 1TB WD Blue 64mb cache last week from Lagmington road for 3800...i dont think 2gb model is that high(5800)....Black1 is definately high but Blue more than enough...

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
First things first,there is No 2TB Blue Version of WD HDD.The 1TB is the maximum you would get in the Blue category. Green is not a reliable version I would either get a WD AV-GP ,WD20EURS version over it for reliability alone,or would get the best 2TB available in the market the Toshiba DT01ACA200, very very fast.

OP
dippi_taurus

dippi_taurus

Broken In
First things first,there is No 2TB Blue Version of WD HDD.The 1TB is the maximum you would get in the Blue category. Green is not a reliable version I would either get a WD AV-GP ,WD20EURS version over it for reliability alone,or would get the best 2TB available in the market the Toshiba DT01ACA200, very very fast.
Ah, my bad. No 2TB Blue - I did not see that. Toshiba has only 2 yrs warranty.

So, I guess I'm gonna stick with WD Black this time. BTW, any firmware issues, RMA's for the WD Black 3TB/4TB 's ?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^Thats Toshiba USA. But one site offers 2 years and It depot warrants 3 years!! Strange ,so I believe it best to believe its 2 years.

Buy Online Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM SATA Internal Desktop Hard Drive (DT01ACA100) in india

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Blue is std performing drive for daily computingg.

Green is for power efficient systems (generally varying spin rate with max of 5400RPM & hence poor performance)

Black is enthusiast level drive that provide max performance 7200rpm speed ( & cost a bomb)

Velociraptor.. (name is enough ain't it??) enterprise level 10,000 rpm drives that are scorching fast & costly enough to burn grand canyon in your pocket)

One more Red developed for use in NAS drives.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have WD Blue so I'll suggest Blue but if its not available then get Black
Green has high failure rates

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Buddy Blue 2TB doesn't exist..
If op can afford then WD black else Toshiba one is very sensible option

Top Bottom