2Tb Internal HDD Advice...Seagate or WD Green or Toshiba ?

tkin

Back to school!!
no its not sold anywhere, got as rma for 500gb green. even 1tb black is out of stock, i oredered one from flipkart, still waiting for shipment.
No, 1TB Black is widely available locally in kolkata, 5.5-5.8k is the asking price, this is the FAEX new model with 64MB cache. 2TB black can be purchased by pre order.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hey! Hey! Please Stop Friends,bullying amongst each others. As @d6bmg and @tkin are right so you are correct @The Incinerator.Please Friends,nothing personal here. Everybody is giving their views,based upon facts.Sometimes they may be little dated,but it does not harm one's way(at least not A Life & Death situation).

It's OP's budget and choice and Ultimate decision which HDD he will buy,based upon the conversation he read.So why we should be prejudiced or biased.

Look Friends, I am using a XFX HD4650GDDR2 GPU since 2010 Feb.,without any problems.XFX is crapware for many or almost all people.It was my strict budget and the absence of other brand manufacturer cards(those present were beyond my budget at that time)that I had to reckon with.But as it is ME who is using; it's completely my RISK my RESPONSIBILITY my LIABILTY,isin't it?
Does it harm anyone else except me?

When Helping others and providing facts,you all are giving your +ve as well as -ve feedback/reviews,which is the most important for OP and all the members.
But creating a commotion amongst ourselves,defeats the purpose of this co-operation and Help,those who require them.

I am in no #Ranking Contest as far as information about this thread is concerned...take it easy @Friends.

tkin

Back to school!!
You never cease to amuse me.......where do you think this guy got it from if it wasnt available in India anymore...*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/169305-gamin-pc-under-50k-just-pc.html

Get an education rather than just increasing your post Tkin & d6b watever:rofl:
I know that, and see what I meant? X6 is no longer imported in India, that's the old stock, and you can still get such, same with WD blue 1TB, just because its out of stock, does not mean we can't suggest it, as you first accused me of doing so ;)

IndianRambo

In the zone
thank you for information, its not available in tamilnadu and karnataka. even i contacted redington who is the distributor of south india, they said no stock, so i ordered from flipkart. anyhow expected shipping date is 23 feb, will wait till tomorrow or i'll contact vedant.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey! Hey! Please Stop Friends,bullying amongst each others. As @d6bmg and @tkin are right so you are correct @The Incinerator.Please Friends,nothing personal here. Everybody is giving their views,based upon facts.Sometimes they may be little dated,but it does not harm one's way(at least not A Life & Death situation).

It's OP's budget and choice and Ultimate decision which HDD he will buy,based upon the conversation he read.So why we should be prejudiced or biased.

Look Friends, I am using a XFX HD4650GDDR2 GPU since 2010 Feb.,without any problems.XFX is crapware for many or almost all people.It was my strict budget and the absence of other brand manufacturer cards(those present were beyond my budget at that time)that I had to reckon with.But as it is ME who is using; it's completely my RISK my RESPONSIBILITY my LIABILTY,isin't it?
Does it harm anyone else except me?

When Helping others and providing facts,you all are giving your +ve as well as -ve feedback/reviews,which is the most important for OP and all the members.
But creating a commotion amongst ourselves,defeats the purpose of this co-operation and Help,those who require them.
No one did anything, it all started when incinerator here started making false accusations that WD carried one year warranty, lets say we overlooked that, and the OP bought it, then later on he'll blame the forums for giving him false suggestions, he said WD has 1 yr and toshiba has 3 yrs, so toshiba is superior "hardware :|

thank you for information, its not available in tamilnadu and karnataka. even i contacted redington who is the distributor of south india, they said no stock, so i ordered from flipkart. anyhow expected shipping date is 23 feb, will wait till tomorrow or i'll contact vedant.
Left over stocks are available atm, don't worry, you'll get it soon, WD black has a good demand here.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I know that, and see what I meant? X6 is no longer imported in India, that's the old stock, and you can still get such, same with WD blue 1TB, just because its out of stock, does not mean we can't suggest it, as you first accused me of doing so ;)

I was talking about availability. Like If I want one will I get one or not? The Answer is Yes I can get one. Now Secondly will I get service for it? Yes I will. So thats what matters to a consumer who wants one. Thats what I meant.

WD has 2 years warranty , I think every human is eligible for a Typo.But correcting the poster on the typo has a proper way and method,and flaming aint one of them.tkin shouldnt have posted "STOP POSTING CRAP" Not right.

tkin

Back to school!!
I was talking about availability. Like If I want one will I get one or not? The Answer is Yes I can get one. Now Secondly will I get service for it? Yes I will. So thats what matters to a consumer who wants one. Thats what I meant.

Fine, just stop this here before we both get banned, just forget it ok, its a misunderstanding and its all my fault, I take all the responsibility, now forget it.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
No one did anything, it all started when incinerator here started making false accusations that WD carried one year warranty, lets say we overlooked that, and the OP bought it, then later on he'll blame the forums for giving him false suggestions, he said WD has 1 yr and toshiba has 3 yrs, so toshiba is superior "hardware :|

@tkin, I think OP is not a child ,such that if failure occurs after he buys a product ,he will blame the Forum members.It's the suggestions and advice of Forum members(experts like you and others...)which will surely Help him to a great extent in making purchasing decisions. BUT THE FAILURE OF A PRODUCT DOES NOT REST WITH THE FORUM MEMBERS OF TDF.It can happen to any brand manufacturer of Hardware. A little(THOUGH MOST IMPORTANT) bit Luck Factor comes into play here,we should admit. No SUPREME product is Fail-Proof.
At least I see no fault of yours...and you are HUMBLE/GENEROUS enough to come to a break.:-o

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No name calling. "nonsense", "douchehead" etc. Posts deleted. Discussion should be civil.

OP
S

sam222

Broken In
Looks like this is going far enough..

I have decided to go for 1TB WD Black(if i purchase Dell s2240L) Or 1Tb Seagate (if i purchase LG IPS225)... :)

Between I don't blame any of u if the drive is faulty..

Cheers..!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Looks like this is going far enough..

I have decided to go for 1TB WD Black(if i purchase Dell s2240L) Or 1Tb Seagate (if i purchase LG IPS225)... :)

Between I don't blame any of u if the drive is faulty..

Cheers..!!
Good choice, but WD Black is just 1k extra and it has 5yrs warranty, reliability and speed. Just a simple fyi, no need to start that again.

Phenomenal

Broken In
Chill out guys.
My Vote for WD BLACK and WD Blue.
I don't recommend Seagate due to it's bad A.S.S..
If the disk is DOA,be prepared to wait for 15 days just to get a refurb piece.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
No worry get WD 2tb for 5.6k at ebay

Model wd20ezrx which is too gud and its fine for warranty of 2years

As per my view good speed of 150MB/s with other external USB 3.0 Drives and usb 2.0 as usual 50-60mb and from SSD to this drive atleast 180-200 mb that too gud.

Small files ranging from 20-100 mb in any drives.Excellent for the money i would say. USe the given coupon code to reduce the price or pm me.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ita available at golchhait bangalore. i contacted them last week for wdc black 1tb, they said only blue is available,price 3999+tax.
Old stock, just like how I said it earlier :) Good pricing.

No worry get WD 2tb for 5.6k at ebay

Model wd20ezrx which is too gud and its fine for warranty of 2years

As per my view good speed of 150MB/s with other external USB 3.0 Drives and usb 2.0 as usual 50-60mb and from SSD to this drive atleast 180-200 mb that too gud.

Small files ranging from 20-100 mb in any drives.Excellent for the money i would say. USe the given coupon code to reduce the price or pm me.
Why are you suggesting green? It has reliability issues, only useful for storage purposes.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Ita available at golchhait bangalore. i contacted them last week for wdc black 1tb, they said only blue is available,price 3999+tax.

This is their website, though they have it listed at Rs 3599,an over the phone confirmation about the stocks was in the negative.
Build ur PC - Golchha Computers
This is their phone number
+91-80- 22278811 / 22998403

Its not available.

D

Deleted member 26636

Well I don't want to start the flame wars again but rashi sucks big time. I remember how it took them about two months to replace my Asus motherboard & only after I called them up numerous times & even went to their office to yell at them. They operate like a government office. I promised myself then & there that I would never even touch Asus again.

Btw, I'm also on the lookout for a 2 TB HDD, completely for storage purposes. I am thinking of buying an external powered HDD, instead of the portable one as I won't be moving it around. Is this a good option or should I stick to internal as that would be cheaper ?

Top Bottom