2G/3G users from all over India

Which one is the best ISP when it comes to 2G/3G data connection?

• Total voters

sahil1033

In the zone
This is a thread for discussion regarding 2G/3G connections for users from all over India. We can discussion on anything regarding 2G/3G connection, let it be, speed, problem in connection, APN, plans, loopholes etc.
Feel free to post your opinion/problem here and the posts should be like,
Operator: Airtel/Aircel/BSNL etc
Connection: 2G/3G
Circle: Delhi NCR/Maharashtra/UP West etc
And then write down what you want to say.

For example,
Operator: Airtel
Connection: 2G
Circle: Bihar/Jharkhand
Airtel 2G is the best connection I've ever used till date and I'm just too happy with it and the most amazing thing is that I use it on my PC. I get a speed of around 30-40 kBps at night and normally during the day time it gives around 15-25 kBps.

P.S. - Anyone who sees this thread and knows any 2G/3G user, please refer this thread to your friend/relative/who so ever is using 2G/3G connection. That could be the least you can do, thank you :)

P.P.S. - For users of Bihar/Jharkhand circle, there's a specific thread here.

Last edited:

Niilesh

Padawan
Connection: 2G & 3G both
Circle: Jaipur/Rajasthan
Airtel 2G on my mobile gives a average speed of about 10KBps.
My Airtel 3G data card most of the times gives 200KBps+ speeds, The highest speed i can remember was around 700KBps. Pretty Decent IMO but it's a little costly.

Last edited:
OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
Connection: 2G & 3G both
Circle: Jaipur
Airtel 2G on my mobile gives a average speed of about 10KBps.
My Airtel 3G data card most of the times gives 200KBps+ speeds, The highest speed i can remember is around 700KBps. Pretty Decent IMO but it's a little costly.
Your circle would be Rajasthan and not Jaipur :lol:
Anyways, seems like you get a little bit low speed in 2G and 3G both. Maybe you use in peak hours, trying using in the morning, like 5-6 AM onwards and then see the speed.
3G is costly :agreed:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Operator: Aircel
Connection: 3G
Circle:karnataka

You can get 6GB of data with recharge of 447.(2GB each month upto 3 months then 128Kbps unlimited data)Speed varies from 200 to 500KBps.

rst

Youngling
Operator: IDEA,Tata Docomo,BSNL,Reliance
Circle:UP west

Tata Docomo gives me average speed of 15 KBps
but it has connection problem with data card modem
Most of the time it shows dial fail
Its really frustrating

IDEA gives me average speed of 17-18 KBps
It always connect in first trial
Although IDEA is costly as compare to Tata docomo (2G pack)
But now a days I am using IDEA

BSNL and Reliance give me average speed of 5-10 KBps
I avoid them for 2G internet

Last edited:
OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
We already have a thread for this Post your mobile internet (2G/3G/Wifi) speeds here
This thread is not only about speed, it's about everything related to 2G and 3G. Read the first post, it says : This is a thread for discussion regarding 2G/3G connections for users from all over India. We can discussion on anything regarding 2G/3G connection, let it be, speed, problem in connection, APN, plans, loopholes etc.

Operator: IDEA,Tata Docomo,BSNL,Reliance
Circle:UP west

Tata Docomo gives me average speed of 15 KBps
but it has connection problem with data card modem
Most of the time it shows dial fail
Its really frustrating

IDEA gives me average speed of 17-18 KBps
It always connect in first trial
Although IDEA is costly as compare to Tata docomo (2G pack)
But now a days I am using IDEA

BSNL and Reliance give me average speed of 5-10 KBps
I avoid them for 2G internet
Try using BSNL and Reliance with a 2G pack on WCDMA mode, you'll get better speeds.

Operator: Aircel
Connection: 3G
Circle:karnataka

You can get 6GB of data with recharge of 447.(2GB each month upto 3 months then 128Kbps unlimited data)Speed varies from 200 to 500KBps.
It's a nice plan, I mean it's too good and VFM is awesome unless speed is decent as in Bihar/Jharkhand circle, Aircel 3G is crap.

Niilesh

Padawan
Well our BSNL landline is dead most of the time, so you can expect how will the internet work(especially since BSNL BB could give errors even when landline is working).
BTW it works fine in an area just ~0.5Kms from my home. :-?

rst

Youngling
Try using BSNL and Reliance with a 2G pack on WCDMA mode, you'll get better speeds.

They don't give 3G signal with HSPA/UMTS network mode (in such case they will show no device)
With auto or edge/gprs network mode, they show 2G signal
Thats why speed is of 5-10 KBps

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
They don't give 3G signal with HSPA/UMTS network mode (in such case they will show no device)
With auto or edge/gprs network mode, they show 2G signal
Thats why speed is of 5-10 KBps
Then you don't have 3G activated on your SIM, activate 3G then. Find the procedure and activate on your SIM and you'll get the signal in UMTS mode. Maybe you've to send some kind of message to activate it. (for Reliance)

BSNL has made some changes regarding this issue, well in Bihar/Jharkhand circle, to activate 3G, an e-recharge of 180 or something is required. I'm myself a BSNL user but I've Nokia X2-02 with me, so no 3G. Well this is about Bihar/Jharkhand circle, I don't know about your circle. Just talk to customer care regarding this. One of my friend runs BSNL 3G on a loophole, he recharges with 200 something pack which gives 10 GB 2G data and runs it on UMTS/WCDMA mode and hola! he gets 3G speed. (for BSNL)

Well our BSNL landline is dead most of the time, so you can expect how will the internet work(especially since BSNL BB could give errors even when landline is working).
BTW it works fine in an area just ~0.5Kms from my home. :-?
Oh! so sad, anyways use airtel 2G on UMTS/WCDMA mode and you might get lucky (if you know what i mean ;))

rst

Youngling
Operator: IDEA
Circle: UP west

IDEA gives me average speed of 17-18 KBps in window 7 32 bits

But now it is giving me speed of 30-31 KBps in window 8 64 bits

OP
sahil1033

sahil1033

In the zone
I don't know.

But there is something, thats why speed is increasing 2 times
Okay! Have fun with your trick :)
If I get to know about any loophole, I'll post here for sure and feel free to share any kind of trick in this thread. :thumbs:

Top Bottom