250GB Hard Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

soham

In the zone
Hey guys, I am planning to buy a Seagate 7200rpm 250GB Hard Disk. The dealer quoted a price of 3.8k . Do you think the price is right. Also it would be helpful if someone provides a pricelist of Hard Disk drives in India.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
The price is right. Last month, I bought a Seagate SATA 200 GB for Rs. 3000/-

Last edited:

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I got a Seagate 7200.10 250GB HDD last month for Rs. 3,800.

Make sure you get the dealer to throw in the SATA data cable, molex-to-SATA power converter and mounting screws for free because the drive does not ship with any of these.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
drvarunmehta said:

Make sure you get the dealer to throw in the SATA data cable, molex-to-SATA power converter and mounting screws for free because the drive does not ship with any of these.
Yeah, I and my friend had a bad time quarelling for those with the dealer.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:

I feel you are lucky to have got 7200.10 250GB for 3.8K since the price is reasonable and the 7200.10 means (if I am correct) perpendicular recording.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yep, that correct. :) Be sure to buy SATA II if your MOBO supports it. They will just say "Hanji Sir, SATA hi hai"...tell him i need SATA II ;)

OP
soham

soham

In the zone
Sorry guys I am gonna purchase a PATA hard disk as my mobo doesnt support SATA. I think it i better to get more space than get a SATA HDD and a converter card and compromise on space.

shantanu

Technomancer
I got Seagate ST3250820AS SATAII 3.0 250 GB for rs. 3400/- in Dehradun
it supports NCQ , and its 7200.10 and perpendicular recording etc

planetcall

Indian by heart
Ahh.....gone are those days....Lol I still have that 20 GB fairy in my system which came with my first system about 6 years ago. It runs super fine and I still trust it for my backup. I also have 80GB Barracuda attached.

shantanu

Technomancer
prices are different in different cities so .............. 4.1k is pretty good .. was that a sata or sata II or pata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom