24" LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus

Broken In
I was looking for a 24" Lcd monitor.Only thing which easily available in Bangalore in Benq G2420 which is 10.7k. and my budget is around 11-13k.

Please suggest me a gud 24" monitor from your experience.I was not too sure about it as there is not much reviews about it Benq G2420.

I cant see much 24" option in various brands..Hows the comparison of clarity for 24" in this range as compared to 8-9k 22" ones? Is it the same? Please let me know your experience.

Thanks in advance

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
That monitor is pretty decent. I tested it, and found it to be excellent bang for buck. Sure, it's not the best around, for that budget, it's about your best choice. Go with it, you won't be disappointed...

khmadhu

change is constant!!
yeah benq is good .. but samsung gives still more clarity with high contrast ratio

samsung 23" LCD u can get at 11.4K.

Doesn't Digit teach you not to look at manufacturers quoted contrast ratios?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

maximus

Broken In
Thanks guys for all your suggestion.. Well Dell S2409W is 3k higher than BenQ. Is that worth for that 3k increase? so i can see there is only two major brands in 24" range or is there anything in between this which offers better VFM?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks guys for all your suggestion.. Well Dell S2409W is 3k higher than BenQ. Is that worth for that 3k increase? so i can see there is only two major brands in 24" range or is there anything in between this which offers better VFM?

yes. its worth 3k. maybe less if u order online. asigh can tell u better about it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@maximus - Yes, its definitely worth. I own it & I hope you read the review. A lot of guys over here will stand by my statement.

OP
M

maximus

Broken In
Thanks a lot guys for guiding me.

So the deal is sealed, I'm going for DELL S2409W :)

But unfortunately i'm not able to find it on the dell site under 24" lcds

*www1.ap.dell.com/in/en/home/monitors/ct.aspx?refid=monitors&s=dhs&cs=indhs1

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Just raise a query for any DELL model. You will get quotes for all of the ones available. I have known cases of BenQ coming out of the box -- dead pixels. Go for DELL.

You can read a review I put here.

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
Another reason to go for Dell, now that I think about it, is the fact that it's a 16:10 display (aspect ratio) - better than 16:9 for everything except for movies.

Although I've not tested it. The BenQ I tested worked flawlessly and is probably equally good in terms of performance. Both are TN panels, which means they're equally un-hot for me...

emmarbee

Journeyman
^ S2409W is also a 16:9 monitor.

I would've bought s2409W if the price was same between G2420HD and S2409W. But since you are saying BenQ is 3K less than Dell's, go for BenQ. (It has been awarded Editor's Pick in this month Digit)
In Richie Street, BenQ G2412HD costs 11,100 and S2409W costs 12,750. Even then I had bought G2412HD for my friend.

I couldn't review about that monitor a lot, cause I didn't spend a lot of time with it. So far, with what I've seen, it is a very good monitor at this price range.

Also please note the luminance / brightness levels and actual contrast ratio, as they are the key to produce a breathtaking visuals. Of course, there are different things to be noted, but a bright monitor definitely becomes a treat to watch movies...

BTW, BenQ's G2420HD has a luminance of 288.9 cd/m^2 and Contrast Ratio of 562:1(Source: Digit) and S2409W has a brightness level of 242 cd/m^2 and a contrast ratio of 1001:1 (Source: Cnet).

NOTE: Digit uses Spyder 3 Elite and CNET uses Minolta CA-210 LCD color analyzer. And also they are under different testing conditions (room brightness etc., so i'm not sure whether the comparison is healthy one).

And of course, for 15K you would get a 22" 16:10 e-IPS monitor (2209wa) its waaay better than these two.

Last edited:
OP
M

maximus

Broken In
Thanks for all your advices..Finally i'm also a proud owner of DELL S2409W..The monitor is awesome.

For all those who are buying now.Now there is only marginal difference between Benq G2420 and Dell s2409.I got it at 11.9 @ SP Road Bangalore (of-course u need to be in a wanter's mode on each shop :) ).And I don't know if i could have got it cheaper by buying online.

And while taking into account of community members suggestion I can say easily that Dell is the clear winner in economic 24" LCD.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Good to hear that.
The reduced price make it a very value for money monitor. Almost irresistible.
Enjoy the monitor.

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
^ S2409W is also a 16:9 monitor.

I would've bought s2409W if the price was same between G2420HD and S2409W. But since you are saying BenQ is 3K less than Dell's, go for BenQ. (It has been awarded Editor's Pick in this month Digit)
In Richie Street, BenQ G2412HD costs 11,100 and S2409W costs 12,750. Even then I had bought G2412HD for my friend.

I couldn't review about that monitor a lot, cause I didn't spend a lot of time with it. So far, with what I've seen, it is a very good monitor at this price range.

Also please note the luminance / brightness levels and actual contrast ratio, as they are the key to produce a breathtaking visuals. Of course, there are different things to be noted, but a bright monitor definitely becomes a treat to watch movies...

BTW, BenQ's G2420HD has a luminance of 288.9 cd/m^2 and Contrast Ratio of 562:1(Source: Digit) and S2409W has a brightness level of 242 cd/m^2 and a contrast ratio of 1001:1 (Source: Cnet).

NOTE: Digit uses Spyder 3 Elite and CNET uses Minolta CA-210 LCD color analyzer. And also they are under different testing conditions (room brightness etc., so i'm not sure whether the comparison is healthy one).

And of course, for 15K you would get a 22" 16:10 e-IPS monitor (2209wa) its waaay better than these two.

^Nice, you've done your homework. The CR of 1001:1 by CNET looks a bit fishy - TN panels rarely cross 700:1. 1000:1 is closer to where PVA/MVA get. Brightness level
(luminance) is another matter.

For us, the ambient light doesn't matter as we disable the backlight sensor. This is needed, because room brightness is a variable you want to remove from the equation.

The difference in luminance is also dependent on the value of brightness/contrast settings. Change these slightly and you will see a difference in luminance. We test at 2 settings - 100 percent brightness/contrast and 50 percent brightness/contrast.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Check out LG 23" M237WA TV monitor. it is a bit costly (15K) but after you upgrade later you can use it as a standalone TV. Awesome value for money.

I work on it every day and watch IPL matches in PIP mode :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom