24" LCD Monitor Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visitor
Hi There,

I'm planning to buy a 24" or a 22" LCD monitor. Was zeroing in on the DELL E248WFP. You guys have any other suggestions?? Could find much reviews about the product on the net anywhere so dont know what to finalise

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For 24" you can go for dell (the one you have mentioned) else, you can look into these:
1) BENQ FP241W 24"(it's one of the best) *www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=1010 but really had to find and is most probably in the end of its product cycle, as per benq.

2) LG L246WP 24" *www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=3995&subcat=LCD

3)LG L226WTQ 22" it is said to be the best *www.in.lge.com/Product/Products-Details.aspx?cat=171&pid=4779&subcat=LCD , only other competition is from

4) Samsung 226W (try to get the "S" panel) *www.samsung.com/in/consumer/detail...ubtype=tftlcdmonitors&model_cd=LS22MEWSFV/XTP

Even I am looking for a 24" lcd but didn't find a single piece in kolkata other than AOC 416V 24" *www.aocmonitor.co.in/416v.html (priced at 20.5k + tax)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
yep, if you can afford go in for Benq FP241W. You will not regret. It is the ruling king amongst the 24" monitors and I will not suggest anything other than that:) .

OP

Visitor
so what would be suggested, 22" or 24". At the moment i have a viewsonic 19" LCD with max resolution at 1280x1024. Is it worth the upgrade??

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If you want a display for image editing and similar kinda stuff then get the benq or lg 24". If you just want to watch movies and play games then get the dell 24" or any 22" TN panel.
Also tell us you system specs......reason, to play HD movies (1080p) or even run games @1920*1200 with medium settings you need a good CPU (eg. C2D) and a highend gfx card.
What's your budget?

OP

Visitor
Well i have an amd athlon x2 and dual 7800GTX cards in SLI and 2GB of ram. Well i watch lots of movies and also play games. I was looking at the LG L246WP 24" you gave at your link. Pretty nice. How would that be for overall gaming and movies

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
actually when hefty sum is invested (atleast for me), aftersales support should always be accounted....

many people in other indian forums have reported that LG's support for "high end" products in india is below acceptable standards:mad:

u can wail for 24" DELL ultrasharp 2408WFP to arrive in INDIA or can go on with current 24" DELL value E248WFP....

people have got E248WFP for as low as 17900 inc tax with 5 yrs warranty in group orders!!!
for single order 20k seems to be a good deal!!

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Hey vivek..........good to hear from you.

@guest
As vivek has pointed out..........I have not first hand experience with LG's aftersale service. So check it out before you buy their product. But as far as performance is concerned LG 24" comes in par with to the BENQ I had mentioned.
I had talked with dell and was qouted 24k for e248WFP inclusive of all. People have got the same for much less......through group orders and other sources.

OP

Visitor
Thanks john, i settled for the LG. Hope nothing goes wrong with it anytime. I needed the LCD urgently and since DELL said it would take two weeks frm order to deliver thats not what i wanted. Cant wait for the LG should be getting it tomorrow

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
That's great but do try to get a demo before actual purchase (did you get any qoute for the benq) and do post few snaps and a review. BTW, how much is it?

Last edited:
OP

Visitor
Sure i'll ask once more for a demo, need to check out the gaming performance before the purchase. I was offered it for 26K. Sure will up some pictures, where do i host the pictures.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
hold on !!!

perhaps LG L246WP has been discontinued..:confused: :confused: globally

newegg has deactivated this item plus people too report same!!

buying a phased out model means opening a can of worms:D :D

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Now that's some news........will check with some other sources. BTW, I was qouted 32k + tax for the LG 24" in kolkata.
Thanks vivek for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom