2014 - New TDF Suggestions

Should we switch the way posts are displayed for mobile users?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Improve search functionality please..
When I search a keyword it should link to the specific page of a thread not the thread itself :/

Correct me if I'm wrong; first few posts of new members need moderator approval before they appear. Then why are threads like this assing the approval process :*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/183180-best-summer-training-noida.html#post2102760

Not just this, I have seen 2-3 such threads in this week alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can this feature be implemented wherein if a user is posting first time in any section, he is automatically presented with the questionnaire? Its really lame to keep asking people to fill it up.

Flash

Lost in speed
Still the texts of hyperlinks, not getting retrieved if an URL is shared.. It just shows the hyperlinks

Example:
*www.thinkdigit.com/Mobiles-PDAs/Samsung-Galaxy-Beam-2-unveiled-with-466-inch_20603.html

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
People keep bumping 2-3 old dead threads. Can those threads be locked automatically which didn't had any reply for more than 2 years?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
People keep bumping 2-3 old dead threads. Can those threads be locked automatically which didn't had any reply for more than 2 years?

This is not a solution. I don't think bumping is a problem, as long as the bump is genuine. That means no spam and no post to increase post counts.
Threads should be closed only if
1. it have served the purpose (like answer to original query is answered)
2. requested by OP itself
3. thread was posted in wrong section
4. thread became controversial and/or a spammer's nest
5. threads which becomes outdated on the discretion of mods

You can't just lock every thread based on certain time criteria. What if OP still get relevant info if someone answers even after 2 yrs. :p
What if the OP's query was never answered, but someone wants to answer even after 2 yrs, so that when someone else reaches to the thread, he gets the answer given by the person who bumped it?

sourabha4u

Team Digit
Subscribed to the magazine few minutes ago, and the experience isn't smooth. The payment processing went smooth, but it took me back to a 404 page on the website. The address was
*www.thinkdigit.com/updatestatus1.php.

Also, I received an email from CCAvenue, which doesn't show the shipping address: View attachment 14249, although it does show the billing address.

I'm not sure if the order has been successfully placed. Please look into the matter.

That issue was resolved on priority. If you are not sure about order status, just mail to help <at> thinkdigit.com

Correct me if I'm wrong; first few posts of new members need moderator approval before they appear. Then why are threads like this assing the approval process :*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/183180-best-summer-training-noida.html#post2102760

Not just this, I have seen 2-3 such threads in this week alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can this feature be implemented wherein if a user is posting first time in any section, he is automatically presented with the questionnaire? Its really lame to keep asking people to fill it up.

Any answer of this? Mods, staff, where are you?

Piyush

Lanaya
People who are viewing a particular thread is working like it should?

I cant see any people who are viewing this thread, for example.

snap

Lurker
I think increasing the moderated post count limit should be increased or reset to as it was before :)

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Can people log in and logout a couple of times to make sure the cookies are actually clearing properly? On dolphin it refuses to log me out now lol.

Flash

Lost in speed
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] - Pls look on the hyperlinks. It's getting worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Posting an URL not retrieving the text from the site.
Ex: *www.thinkdigit.com/Gaming/Classic-FPS-games-are-a-dying-breed_20054.html

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
test:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/181792-2014-new-tdf-suggestions-6.html#post2105065

Another
*www.thinkdigit.com/Apps/Microsoft-announces-Office-365-Personal-for-Rs_20776.html

Verge
*www.theverge.com/2014/4/14/5608222/samsung-galaxy-s5-review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom