2 BroadBand Lines in 1 PC ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone

I hv 2 BSNL Line wit 2 modems Can i use both In 1 pc ?? to get more speed ??

Waitin for reply..

chicha

High without substance...
i thik you can there is some thing called as bridge connections, but i am not totally sure of it.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Only if u take Multi-user plan from BSNL, HOWEVER if u have 2 landlines with different numbers, u can take two plans for faster speed , i would recommend :

HOME UL 750 (256kbps) + Home 500 (2mbps night unlimited) = 1250 so that u can surf during day and download during night

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent

I hv 2 BSNL Line wit 2 modems Can i use both In 1 pc ?? to get more speed ??

Waitin for reply..
Yes you can use both to gain more speed, but you would require a software to use both connection at same time.
I posted this question some 2yrs ago, no one answered but I discovered that its possible using a software.

Here is the link to that post
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33879&highlight=airtel+broadband

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
^^ Yeah it is now UL 750, if u cant believe check ur account usage, under service records u will see - HOME UL 750! :D :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Only if u take Multi-user plan from BSNL, HOWEVER if u have 2 landlines with different numbers, u can take two plans for faster speed , i would recommend :

HOME UL 750 (256kbps) + Home 500 (2mbps night unlimited) = 1250 so that u can surf during day and download during night
Bridging an unlimited and capped connection is NOT recommended. When you bridge a connection you haf no control over how much data is transfered over which connection and it'll mostly end up transferring data thru the faster one (Home 500) which is capped.

Its always better to haf 2 modems with different LAN IPs connected via a small switch (4 port mebbe) and you manually select which connection to employ by changing the gateway ip.

slugger

Banned
Its always better to haf 2 modems with different LAN IPs connected via a small switch (4 port mebbe) and you manually select which connection to employ by changing the gateway ip.

will changing the login name and password to select the connection you want to use not help?

single modem and telephone

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ 2 connections will require 2 phone lines. Afaik BSNL doesn't issue multiple connection on the same phone line.

If you haf 2 phone lines then you need to manually switch the phone cable and only then a different username/password will work with the same modem.

slugger

Banned
^^^ 2 connections will require 2 phone lines. Afaik BSNL doesn't issue multiple connection on the same phone line.

u can actually use a different account on ur landline :D

d first time v got d dataone connection (xactly a yr abck actually), the xchange guy gave us the usernamr and pw of another applicant in the same area (our usernames were very similar - think bcos our surnames were similar)

i used that account for the first 2 days without informing :twisted:

only on the thrid day (monday) when i rang them up for my real account did i get it and then a few days l8r when i tried to use it with the deafult pw had been changed :(

but 1 thing that cud have enabled this was probably the same plan - Home plan 500 not sure tho

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u can actually use a different account on ur landline :D

d first time v got d dataone connection (xactly a yr abck actually), the xchange guy gave us the usernamr and pw of another applicant in the same area (our usernames were very similar - think bcos our surnames were similar)

i used that account for the first 2 days without informing :twisted:

only on the thrid day (monday) when i rang them up for my real account did i get it and then a few days l8r when i tried to use it with the deafult pw had been changed :(

but 1 thing that cud have enabled this was probably the same plan - Home plan 500 not sure tho

BSNL legally doesn't issue multiple connections on the same line, afaik. And with port binding its difficult to use any other connection on your line now.

Him007

Journeyman
Dear , it is not possible that in a machine you use two connections at same time..

Suppose you have two lan cards if you will configure the gateway in both then browsing would stop...

Best option is that if one link is down use the second one vice versa, that's two lines & one modem (saving the modem cst also :D, only changing the Ip address)

OR disable the one of the lan cards & use only one.

for third party s/w I am not sure about that, for bridge concept you have to purchase the router , create the two n/ws & put the router between them (used for office or big setup).

-Him007

OP
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone

yes i hv 2 BSNL Lines wit 2 Different Numbers

on 1st line Is home1000

On 2nd Line is Home500C+

So i hv 2 modems i wnt to connect both in 1 pc..

wen i connet both only 1 modem is workin...

wen 1st modem is on POP3 n other is Bridge mOde

So wht to do ??

Waitin for reply ???

aritrap

Mobile Addict
For using two internet connections on 1 pc you need to use a program like WinGate. I read about it somewhere.

I think you should ditch ur 2 connections and take an unlimited 8mbps connection for Rs.1800/month or Rs.18k/yr

OP
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In the zone
For using two internet connections on 1 pc you need to use a program like WinGate. I read about it somewhere.

I think you should ditch ur 2 connections and take an unlimited 8mbps connection for Rs.1800/month or Rs.18k/yr

hahaha 8mbps unlimited who is givin ??? lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom