2.1 speakers for movies, gaming and music (budget Rs.10000)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello friends,

Posting here after a very long time. Recently my 10 year old Altec Lansing MX5021 went dead. It was my favorite set of speakers...still remember the first day I played music on it from my desktop, it was a different world altogether. It cost me Rs.10000 back in 2005.

Now I am looking for a replacement 2.1 speakers, budget Rs.10000, again. It should have comparable sound to the MX5021. As far as I could remember, the MX 5021 subwoofer had 50W RMS and the 2 satellites had 20W RMS each, total 90W RMS. It should play on my desktop, smart TV (LG 32LN571B) and if possible, I can connect it to my PS3 also (2010 model, 120GB). BTW, the PS3 is already connected to the TV by HDMI cable.

Purpose is mostly music and movies, satisfactory performance on the few PS3 games I have.

Any suggestions friends?

Thanks.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
[h=1]Logitech Z-623 2.1 THX-Certified Multimedia Speaker -9100.[/h]

Link:Amazon.in: Buy Logitech Z-623 2.1 THX-Certified Multimedia Speaker Online at Low Prices in India | Logitech Reviews & Ratings

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Do check if you can source the following speakers from anywhere as they are better for Music compared to Logitechs....
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

ajayritik

Technomancer
Do check if you can source the following speakers from anywhere as they are better for Music compared to Logitechs....
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Hey Sandy is this good for listening to only music i.e. songs etc.
I currently have Htib from Onkyo but not too happy with it for listening to music. Will the one you suggested be a good bet?
sorry to @ OP for going offtopic

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hey Sandy is this good for listening to only music i.e. songs etc.
I currently have Htib from Onkyo but not too happy with it for listening to music. Will the one you suggested be a good bet?
sorry to @ OP for going offtopic

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 has better midrange compared to logitech Z623 & it will boil down to personal preference though.

For Music I will go with Edifier S530/S530D which was just below 10k few months back but now almost non existent in India. S530 is not bad for movies too just that it does not carry the THX Sticker. ;)

For you my bro I would suggest you save up for some Real Amp & Real Bookshelf Speakers

Top Bottom