1993 Mumbai blasts: Sanjay Dutt gets 6 years RI

Status
Not open for further replies.

saching

Broken In
1993 Mumbai blasts: Sanjay Dutt gets 6 years RI
Sanjay Dutt was on Tuesday sentenced to six years rigorous imprisonment for possessing arms illegally thus bringing to an end the 13-year-long TADA trial in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts. He has also been fined an amount of Rs 25000. Meanwhile, his bail bond was rejected and he was taken into custody immediately.

Please follow this link for full coverage:

*www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp...93 Mumbai blasts: Sanjay Dutt gets 6 years RI

Regards,
Sachin

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Yes I find it a bit sad that Sanjay was send to jail for 4.5 years (He has already completed 16 months outta given 6 years). But as aks said, everyone is equal when it comes to law.

OP
S

saching

Broken In
@aks_win

yes dear all are equal before justice.........laws of the nation comes first.
And what is this bullshit ...."his counsel has submitted an appeal for leniency based on good behaviour" ........isn't this like funny?? :-D

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^ I think a person who gets a jail sentence can minimise the sentence based on his/her good behavior. They have an option like that.
And dont forget that around Rs. 100 crore is already put in his films. If he goes to jail for 4 years, we wont be seeing the upcoming Munnabhai 3.

praka123

left this forum longback
sanjay dutt seems changed a lot from a psycho maniac(drug addiction) in 1980's to what he earns with MB-1,II and good will. :-| sunju baba became too old too.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
sad but proper i think i started to like him when i learnt that he was a huge rock music fan too b4 the munnabhai series.

he should consult PH on how to shorten the sentence:D

blackpearl

The Devil
6 yrs for possesing arms. WTH?? AFAIK, rapist gets an average of 7 years. Weird.

He is reformed now. The judge should have considered this. Whats the use of imprisoning someone when he is altready reformed? He didn't kill anyone or harm anybody. Then things would have been different. If they wanted to punish him they should have imprisoned him 14 yrs ago. That would have been proper. Why destroy his life now? This punishment will do more harm then good to him.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
blackpearl said:
6 yrs for possesing arms. WTH?? AFAIK, rapist gets an average of 7 years. Weird.

He is reformed now. The judge should have considered this. Whats the use of imprisoning someone when he is altready reformed? He didn't kill anyone or harm anybody. Then things would have been different. If they wanted to punish him they should have imprisoned him 14 yrs ago. That would have been proper. Why destroy his life now? This punishment will do more harm then good to him.

that will refrain others from doing crime, afterall u r the one to pay for ur deeds.

mahendraraut

Broken In
What is meaning of 6 years of jail?(6*365*24)hrs.. or (3*365*12) hrs..
because i was discussing about this news with one man (who having little experiance of jail ki hawa), he told me that six years will be counted as (6*365*12)hrs. means one full days is counted for 12 hrs. is it that so..?
i m in trouble, is it indian law?:shock:.
actually he told me that he also sentenced for six days of jail, but it was counted as (24*3) days, 3 days only..:confused:
and if its true then, Munnabhai will be back in (36-8 {16/2} ) months.:grin:

nix

bad news...indian legal system sucks...criminals who have commited series of murders and other unspeakable crimes have become CM's. they are not put to jail. there are countless MLA's who are criminals. very unfair. sanjay has mellowed down. he is not the man he used to be. he should be let free.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Some where i think the stupid judges was heavily influence. People wire more serious crimes get lesses punishment than what is mented out to him.
Indian Legal System SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom