192.168.1.1 not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Till yesterday I was having problem with my BSNL connection. Whenever I dialled I used to get "Phone line is busy" so yesterday the telephone guy came and told me to type in my connection Username and Password in the Router itself and let the mode to be PPP over Ethernet. I used the default Username and password i.e. Admin for opening the router config menu. Later I changed it back to Bridging mode so as to maintain the Dialing option. Now the whole thing has F'd up and whole $hite is fallin' apart.

Problem are these:
  1. The PPPoE connection made in Windows is working but the LAN connection is showing Limited or No Connectivity.
  2. If I ping 192.168.1.1 I do get response but when I try to open it in a browser I get the error message of being unable to connect it.
On the whole the thing is working OK but why these problems? I tried different browsers, cleared their cache and cookies, and today morning re-format the Windows itself but still to no avail. Please help me out quick on this matter guys.:-(

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Till yesterday I was having problem with my BSNL connection. Whenever I dialled I used to get "Phone line is busy" so yesterday the telephone guy came and told me to type in my connection Username and Password in the Router itself and let the mode to be PPP over Ethernet. I used the default Username and password i.e. Admin for opening the router config menu. Later I changed it back to Bridging mode so as to maintain the Dialing option. Now the whole thing has F'd up and whole $hite is fallin' apart.

Problem are these:
  1. The PPPoE connection made in Windows is working but the LAN connection is showing Limited or No Connectivity.
  2. If I ping 192.168.1.1 I do get response but when I try to open it in a browser I get the error message of being unable to connect it.
On the whole the thing is working OK but why these problems? I tried different browsers, cleared their cache and cookies, and today morning re-format the Windows itself but still to no avail. Please help me out quick on this matter guys.:-(

same thing i too had when connecting to router ------------ at the time i tried using some repairing software but it not worked --------- so finally i formatted the system

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
b4 getting a new router i wud suggest u to try it in a diff computer with a diff lan patch cable.
it cud be that ur lan cable is at fault or ethernet port has gone kaput.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Dude my cable is still working fine, AFA my LAN port is concerned, I bought the Motherboard last week and I've mentioned earlier that Connection is working fine, as per my 512Kbps UL plan I'm getting 60KBps+ speed, its just that LAN is showing Limited Connectivity and that too under IPv6! Modem too is working fine just not able to open its Config page through 192.168.1.1 Modem is UT300R2U

MasterMinds

hell boy
wow wow wait try this just add some ip address(192.168.1.89 etc) in tcp/ip settings of ur lan card and then it would not show limited or no connectivity and after that try pinging!!!!:)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Bhaiji Its on DHCP mode, obtaining IP automatically, what u r suggesting means giving static IP to the whole friggin' system. I read about it at Port Forward.com and AFAIK this is not what is going to work here.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Bhaiji Its on DHCP mode, obtaining IP automatically, what u r suggesting means giving static IP to the whole friggin' system. I read about it at Port Forward.com and AFAIK this is not what is going to work here.

hey i got the solution ----- give the static IP address

like try this dhcp

this is new dns ............

after giving the ip address restart the router ----------- i too have same router

MasterMinds

hell boy
AFAIK, it will just assign the ip to ur lan card and the ip of ur connection would b different every time u connect using the pppoe connection... i may b wrong(most probably)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Before F'ing Up anything more I'd like to give u guys a Ipconfig /all info that I was able to extract yesterday in PPPoE mode before reverting back to Bridging Mode. I did this because in PPPoE mode, uTorrent was showing its Ports blocked, hell even port 8080 was blocked so thought of Forwarding them but didn't just reverted back to Bridging and that's when all the $hite happened. Anyways here's the info.
Code:
MAC- 00-22-15-39-C2-00
DHCP- Yes
AutoCinfig- Yes
AutoConfig IP- 169.254.218.44
Subnet Mask- 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway-   <it was blank>

PPP adapter BSNL
MAC- 00-53-45-00-00-00
DHCP- No
IP Address- 117.200.55.79
Subnet Mask- 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway- 117.200.55.79
DNS-218.248.255.194
Now it was clear to me from Port Forward.com's Port Forwarding Tute that in order to to do so, first static IP must be assigned and while assigning Static IP, IP Address and default gateway must be different i.e. I would have to ask the ISP guys about their IP Address. Well u know I ain't getting that out from BSNL guys even if I bribe them a full Peti so what are my options now. :(

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Reset your Modem to all default setting.
There should be a reset button at back of modem.

Now, manually assign IP to LAN card.

Now, let me know..if you can open 192.168.1.1

acewin

Point Blanc
Reset your Modem to all default setting.
There should be a reset button at back of modem.

Now, manually assign IP to LAN card.

Now, let me know..if you can open 192.168.1.1

yeah going though your problem, I knew this is what you should do. Except was checking if anyone suggested you the same.

The person who came to configure your router and system may have changed the pass which generally comes out to be "login-admin" "password-password". This you can reset.
Check on the bottom of your router(turning it upside down), there will be a hole separately take a pin and pus it inside it to reset the settings of router

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
@Plasma_Snake See the AutoConfig IP- 169.254.218.44 part on the quote? It means the router isnt providing any IP to the LAN Card and it (LAN Card) is assigned a private IP from APIPA service of Windows.

Hence assign an IP manually to the NIC and please do report back ...

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
I first of all, performed a hard reset on the modem.
Next I rebooted the whole friggin' system. Switched the modem back on, tried 192.168.1.1 and this time it opened up.
Here the default mode was again PPPoE so I reverted to Bridging mode. No limited connectivity issue this time, up till now, let's see what happens in future.
So now I tried to Dial Up using the previously created PPPoE connection in Windows Vista.
Ran the ipconfig /all and now this is what I'm getting:
Code:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : RudraPratap-PC
   Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
   WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

PPP adapter Dataone:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dataone
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 117.200.50.91(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.194
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E Ethernet Cont
roller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-15-39-C2-C0
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c48:9bba:2171:7230%10(Preferred)
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:31:37 PM
   Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, October 17, 2008 2:31:37 PM
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{89E31954-9836-4E7E-A317-F6AF6B8CE
8C6}
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:cf2e:308c:30c9:3cac:8a37:cda4(Pref
erred)
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::30c9:3cac:8a37:cda4%17(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:75c8:325b::75c8:325b(Preferred)
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::c058:6301
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 218.248.255.194
Now tell me what to do, if this configuration is OK then, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

BTW this is the router Info
Code:
[B]Device Info

[/B]                                   Board ID:                   96338L-2M-8M                                                   Software Version:                   3.08.BSNL_02.01.02_tr64.                                                   Bootloader (CFE) Version:                   1.0.37-8.7                        Firmware Version:  UT300R2U.0011.01      Hardware Version:  UT300R2U 2.2      Model Name:  UT300R2U                This information reflects the current status of your DSL connection.

Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps):861Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps):8116                                   LAN IP Address:                   192.168.1.1                                                   Default Gateway:                                                                        Primary DNS Server:                   192.168.1.1                                                   Secondary DNS Server:                   192.168.1.1

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just reset the modem and configure it again.

i've also faced this a couple of times on my Netgear DM111P and I think it should also work for you.

Edit: Sorry dude, Didn't read the whole thread.

BTW now everything seems to be correct. Try to Turn OFF and then ON and reconnect from your modem a couple of times and then open the 192.168.1.1, so that you can be sure everything is fine. :)

Last edited:
OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Homies, dis fool is actin' up again. Again Limited or No Connectivity at LAN port and S.O.B 192.168.1.1 refuses to open up, gives Server error when entered in browser.
Pinging it leads to "Request Timed Out". I'm almost fed up with its crap, gonna get a new one on Monday anyway but still wud like to get it working. :mad:

I took one of my friend's laptop and connected my Modem to it and guess what???
On that too it gave, limited connectivity error and refused to open Modem's Interface. Now it proves that its a Configuration error so what to do now? I mean limited connectivity error can be resolved by assigning Static IP but what about modem interface not opening, any guess about that. Please help brothers. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom