18K budget phone--NEW BUY!! HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
Hey guys.I'm planning on getting a new phone in a budget of 19K...was thinking of SE 850i ,samsung u900 or something on that line....
i heard there were some problemns with the os in k850i when it was released ... is all that sorted now ??

plz suggest any other phones if u have in mind...

IMP NOTES :
1)Camera quality should be decent..plannig on taking pics with it...
2)Music quality very important...im a music freak
3)should have nice looks...i would love to flaunt it :p :D
4)would like to have a memory card that comes with the phone of atleast 512MB..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Get Nokia N82.

Excellent 5 MP AF carl Zeiss camera and good sound too.
A value for money phone :)

sagarphadkule

Broken In
Ya N82 is best in nokia at this budget. Go for nokia only as it has symbian OS so u'll be able to put custom apps in it. SE doesnt have it excpt only in 3-4 business phones.

N82 is Rs. 19200 on fonearena.com
You should get it at Rs.300-400 lower than that at local shops.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You can also consider the C902, better osund quality and awesome design with a great 5 mp cam. Its the best luking phone in the market right now.

jingalala

Broken In
Dude,
Settle down with the best.
Moto ZN5 or C902.
They are the best at your budget.

1)Moto ZN5
Best sounding phone at present(Better than Samsung i450)
Excellent 5 MP camera(second to none)
Better priced(Only 15.8k)

2)C902
Decent sound quality
Excellent 5MP camera

Look no further
And the thread ends here as I am sure the purpose is served.:D

acewin

Point Blanc
I think K850i with Xenon flash is still better camera than C902 and hence N82(bcoz it is better than K850i) is much better and stable.
Do not consider anything which says decent at such price. Hence revise the offereings.

No words against ZN5, do not much and its capabilities, but its sheet is much much better than C902 and price offering better than N82.

And man if you just do not want a hot shot 5MP camera, but a damn overall good looking and making people zealous it is certainly Nokia 5800 Express. A good Touchscreen phone is truly an awe.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
for 18k . n82 is best .. infact this phone is the dead end .. u wont need any phone after this one ..even mighty n95 8gb is not that better than n82 as i personally found out ..

leave alone c902 ..not worth considering .. motorola zn5 is nice option too .. its at best slightly better than n82 in colour reproduction in camera department .. my friend owns one .. not that substantially better than n82 in camera department .. priced at 16k its a nice option .. and no its not the best sound phone in market , that would be samsung innov8 priced at 35k..

also n79 is out for 19.5k .. this one is nice option too ..

still i would say, get n82 ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
innov8 @ 35k- You a 50% shareholder of samsung or what??

Btw, the c902 is the slimmest 5 mp cam in the market and the best looking.It has awesome color reproduction and comes close to beating the best in the market.Music quality is alos better than the N82.Even a renowned camera magazine voted the C902 better than the N82.

Btw, if yu can wait a bit and spare 5k extra i suggest you go for the C905.No Nokia comes in stiking distance or for that matter, any phone in this price range.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
that magazine review must be a paid one .. c902 better than n82 ..only in ur se centric dreams .. hee hee .. and innov8 at 35k is what my dealer told me ..i am not a samsung shareholder ..but i guess u might be a se shareholder afterall ..:) and what u gonna do with ur best looking slim phone,stare at it knowing that its only good for that purpose only ..even moto zn5 kicks its ass..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
yea right.I never said its better than the N82.But it comes close to it and has awesome pic quality.The diminished performance is compensated with the added style and the SQ. The threadstarter doesnt need a Symbian phone anyway. The C902 should suffice just as well.

*g.imageshack.us/thpix.php

Last edited:
OP
frederick_benny_digit

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
but i heard n82 can play really gud games made for ngage n all ??

i know it wont be like a psp or anythin....but its gud rite ? wud be nice for travelling times n all....

also is the keypad an issue in the n82?? or is it easy to get used to it ?

Last edited:

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Yes Ngage games on N82 is a great option from entertainment point of view.. I do play Ngage games on my N82 while traveling times. Key-pad problem is just hyped negatively, but practically speaking there is absolutely no probs using it.

acewin

Point Blanc
ZN5 is not a symbian (its OS is linux).
And most of the high end offereing s from Nokia are Symbian cant be helped for that.
Counting C902's slimmness does not makes it very good.

Even K850 is better than C902 as per me.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would say, add another 2k and Get SE W980i

1) Flip open phone with touch sensitive music controls on the top
2) 240 x 320 pixels, 2.2 inches. Second external TFT display, 256K colors (176 x 176 pixels)
3) 8 GB shared memory (internal)
4) GPRS/EDGE/3G/Bluetooth/USB
5) 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, video; secondary videocall camera
6) Walkman player
- FM transmitter
- FM radio with RDS
- TrackID music recognition
- Shake control
# Light effects
# Ambient light sensor
7) 9hr talktime

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w980-review-250.php

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
IMP NOTES :
1)Camera quality should be decent..plannig on taking pics with it...
2)Music quality very important...im a music freak
3)should have nice looks...i would love to flaunt it :p :D
4)would like to have a memory card that comes with the phone of atleast 512MB..

Your requirements meat this phone W902

1) Camera will be good not better than N82 or C902 even but will be good
2) Music Quality will be excellent with added stuff like sense me, shake me ? etc
3) Great looking you will love to flaunt.
4) Shipped with 8 GB memory card

wait for some days for it too launch it's a great phone

/////////OFFTOPIC//////////

just wanna know why everyone wants a excellent cam means if other phone camera is one step behind it is treated as if it takes f*cked up pics ? i found that photos taken from every phone with camera is good at times lolz ... sometimes c902 is better than N82 and many a Times N82 is better

so are you a photographer or what that you want just a perfectionist lol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom