14k budget >> Nokia 81 or Others. Pls suggest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have already answer in your mind
its better to go with n81 without keeping doubt.
think about other phones only if you can increase your budget.

OP
sautrik

sautrik

Devil_S
thanx friends for your valuable information. can you also tell me the pros and cons of n81 and also its latest price.

thanx again.:smile::smile:

Tamoghno

Padawan
N81 pros :

Great music quality .

Exceptional speaker quality - no Other phone can match.

Great looks.

N81 cons :

Very overpriced for its hardware.(come on only 2mpix camera , no gps , no accelerometer but still almost 15k ?)

I dont understand why it dont have some hardware graphics acceleration as its supposed to be a gaming device

2mpix camera could be tolerable if it had autofocus .

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
add this to the cons:-

-pathetic build quality.most operators outside have stopped receiving the n81.
-140 g.thats a brick.
-looks are nothing to die for.
-A fingerprint magnet.

And sound quality is nothing to boast about.The gsmarena tests clearly show that the new SE's, K850,W890 etc are easily ahead on this end.

Try bunking the N81.go for the N73 if you want symbian.Slow and buggy, but ok.Or the 5700, a great symbian phone.if you dont want symbian.i suggest the W890.you get a much better camera,Same music quality in a 9.9 mm thick pack and weighing just 77g.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys... even I'm thinking of buying a new phone. My budget is 15k and the must have features I'm looking for are:

1. Slim and Light Phone (very important as I don't like to carry around bulky phones).
2. Good Camera (2MP or above)
3. Good MP3 Player with good speakers
4. FM Radio
5. Loud and Good Voice Clarity
6. GPRS, EDGE etc.
7. Simple and Easy to Use

I would prefer Nokia or Sony Ericsson phones but open to other brands as well, except for Motorola (had a bad experience with Razr V3i).

So any suggestions??

I would say to get SE W890i...It has got a very good music quality... + It has also got a 3.2mp camera

But if you want to get the N81, just because of Symbian, then get Samsung i450....It has got Symbian too.

The only 2 options remain....W890i or i450.....

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
And sound quality is nothing to boast about.The gsmarena tests clearly show that the new SE's, K850,W890 etc are easily ahead on this end.

Gsmarena test were lol they were saying that the apple ipod sound quality is less than K850

check out the mobile-review test also

If you put two K850i and make them play a song at there max volume and a N81 with it's maximum vol (2*k850i<=N81)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gsmarena test were lol they were saying that the apple ipod sound quality is less than K850
WTF dude.....Those tests were saying K850's sound is better than N81's and it also turned out to be better than even iPod's sound......

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88713

Tamoghno

Padawan
Now dreamcatches/amd/SElicker/whatever can you please tell me how do you see w890 fit his requirment ?

Superb audio : may be , but not certainly not better than n81, mobile-review couldn't even run the rmaa test because the output wasn't strong enough. And there's no doubt that n81 is among best music phone.

Gaming : joke on 890. Ever played fifa on 81 ?

Web browsing : joke on a 2 inch pathetic screen with netfront.

Multitasking : joke compared to n81 with s60 ~42 mb free ram.

Please be a little logical next time before advocating on SE. And please care what user need instead of providing what your SE have.w890i is certainly a nice fashion phone but no way it can compete n81.
& k850 is clearly a imaging device . Why would you suggest it to someone to whom camera is least priority.(& k850i has also most stupid input system with that slow responsive touch screen + crazy dpad combo.)

And anyone who is serious about music would prefer n81 for its 3.5 mm lack and dedicated music controls.

The only advantage i see for SE is their bundled headphone which is really good . But with 3.5 mm lack onboard who would use bundled headphone with n81 ?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Now dreamcatches/amd/SElicker/whatever can you please tell me how do you see w890 fit his requirment ?

Superb audio : may be , but not certainly not better than n81, mobile-review couldn't even run the rmaa test because the output wasn't strong enough. And there's no doubt that n81 is among best music phone.

Gaming : joke on 890. Ever played fifa on 81 ?

Web browsing : joke on a 2 inch pathetic screen with netfront.

Multitasking : joke compared to n81 with s60 ~42 mb free ram.

Please be a little logical next time before advocating on SE. And please care what user need instead of providing what your SE have.w890i is certainly a nice fashion phone but no way it can compete n81.
& k850 is clearly a imaging device . Why would you suggest it to someone to whom camera is least priority.(& k850i has also most stupid input system with that slow responsive touch screen + crazy dpad combo.)

And anyone who is serious about music would prefer n81 for its 3.5 mm lack and dedicated music controls.

The only advantage i see for SE is their bundled headphone which is really good . But with 3.5 mm lack onboard who would use bundled headphone with n81 ?

please..it is not SE's fault that mobile-review could not perform the test.and i am not suggesting the K850 there dude.So please check before posting. About music,I have the W890 and its definately better at lower and mid frequencies than the N81.I have also done a review somewhere.And do you guys mean to say that gsmarena is crap and all the tests are rigged??get a life.

The W890 comes a with an adapter.But much better headphones as you have already said.The SE UI is way better than that of N81 with a PSP style media player and flash themes.
The W890 comes with a much better camera too.
As for gaming, yes N81 has the edge there with the bigger screen.But then again, its has a crap battery life.My frnds n81,when it functioned, had to be charged everyday with normal usage.And weighing 140g, its a brick.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Its NOT mobile review's fault. Its that SE's output was not powerful enough.

And yes i dont believe gsmarena, i know the test you're talking about. .i will never believe someone who says a phone is better than ipod.that test was a big joke on every good mobile community like howardforum.com . Everybody knows you're a sick SE 's <edited> so please shut your nonsense and get some good point.

And if you've done a review somewhere,i've also read reviews everywhere.
And n81 not only have much bigger better brighter 16m color screen , it got the ngage gaming platform with dedicated gaming keys which offers best mobile game experience till date and ALSO got s60 browser which is also best browser (barring opera 9.5 for WM ) .this gaming and internet is sautrik's one top of top priorities. Not 9mm of slimness.

The truth is currently no SE phone is perfect for his requirment.you're saying w890i only because it fits his budget , not because it fits his requirment .N81 comes closest except camera. Samsung i450 comes close second but sucks even more with camera and no ngage.

And now dont start about SE's battery life. SE always tells nonsense battery life. The k750i was supposed to give 9hrs talktime in reality it never gave more than 3.5 hrs.how much you expect from a phone after extensive wifi browsing and ngage gaming ?

Anyway what do you guys think about ROKR E8 ? Its great at music How about its browser and gaming ?

Last edited by a moderator:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
The W890 comes a with an adapter.But much better headphones as you have already said.The SE UI is way better than that of N81 with a PSP style media player and flash themes.

N81comes with the best headphones ever by nokia displaying the running track name in headphone only and it has got a 3.5mm jack

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Everybody knows you're a sick SE 's a** licker so please shut your nonsense and get some good point.
I wouldnt use such language if I were you.
[offtopic]
Newaz.thats beyond the point.Can you please describe the output you are talking about?? Coz gsmarena got the "output" and it somehow turned out to be better than the N81.
And who said that gsmarena said that the quality is better than the ipod?Some people dunno how to read english and start commenting on that.

Its frequency response is almost identical to that of Apple's dedicated music player - the omnipresent iPod.Sony Ericsson W980 is on the better side of handsets on the market in terms of audio quality.
now ehre does the ipod come in here.the ipods modulations have been shown, and so of the other phones.Its quite clear that the ipod beats them al, but marginally.And the SE phones beat the N81 comprehensively.Yes, i already told you that the N81 has an edge over the W890 when it comes to gaming.Check out gsmarenas audio quality review of the N81.the k770 beats it comprehensively too. :)

Now dont start over the battery life now.Everyone in the forum knows which has a better battery ife.And it is well known that the battery detoriates with time and shall not provide max power as time goes on.i personally get upto 6-7 hours opf talktime on my k850 and 7 hours on the W890, while it was listed as 9 hours.

And you mean to say that the n81 has a better music player than the W890?you must be joking.As for display.please check some review sites.16 million colors is just a farce.Samsung,SE and Moto with their 262k colors beat nokia by a long way.The technology behind the display is more important than the number of colors used.and it also contributes to the battery life.The 6300 has the best display for a nokia phone.Much better than the n95 and obviously better than the n81.

And yes.the netfront browser used in an SE is quite capable if you dunno,check out a few reviews.
[/offtopic]

@threadstarter.sorry for the offtopic conversation.Btw let me also tell you that the n81 has some build quality problems.i am sure you wont beleive me when i say so, but you would be well advised to check out some and use it yourself.Check out some forums, and ask a few shops.you will get the ans.

thank you.If you want to stick to nokia, i would say you wait for a few days and let the N78 prices come down.thats would make for a better bet.A bit of a compromise in audio quality, but a better build.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
[offtopic]

And who said that gsmarena said that the quality is better than the ipod?Some people dunno how to read english and start commenting on that.

you n00b you only posted that have a look at the test :p:p

Apple iPod +0.41, -1.16 -91.6 91.8 0.0043 0.015 -83.6
Samsung i550 +0.74, -0.76 -90.8 86.9 0.0024 0.033 -89.1
Sony Eric K850 +0.21, -1.04 -85.7 88.8 0.014 0.030 -84.8
Nokia N81 +0.39, -1.13 -86.6 95.8 0.041 0.040 -69.9

frequency response..lower the better
noise level-higher the better
dynamic range-higher the better
thd..lower the better
imd+noise-lower the better
steroe rosstalk-higher the better

i dunno wtf has happened to your mind

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88713&highlight=n81+k850

you supern00b, what was the topic of the thread??

K850 beats audio chipped N81.When did I say that the k850 beats the ipod??

Some people dunno how to read english and start commenting on that.

I stick to it.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
And you mean to say that the n81 has a better music player than the W890?

is your W890I capable of installing a player like LCG Jukebox :p

you must be joking.As for display.please check some review sites.16 million colors is just a farce.Samsung,SE and Moto with their 262k colors beat nokia by a long way.

Have you ever tried to watch videos on a 16million colors then a 262 k color

and beating nokia in that you must be just thinking in your dreams

And yes.the netfront browser used in an SE is quite capable if you dunno,check out a few reviews.

lol S60 V3 browser beats every se moto browser from left and right

Btw let me also tell you that the n81 has some build quality problems.

oh please share with us what the prob is ?

you supern00b, what was the topic of the thread??

let the topic go to hell lemme bring you to your senses

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/2007/11/nokia-n81-8gb-r.html

*www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1389&pn=2

*gigaom.com/2007/11/09/nokia-n81/

happy??

and btw..i never said that the netfront browser is better than the s60 browser.i cant do anything if you jump to conclusions.

And please, dont compare any player with the psp interface.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
problem i found in the above three reviews is

We also found faults with the Nokia N81 8GB's plasticky keypad. It's perfectly easy to use but not particularly stylish, while light escaping through cracks around the edges adds a very cheap feel to the handset. Neither did we like the way the screen is raised, if only a millimetre or so, above the rest of the handset's casing. Again, this makes the phone feel cheap and looks almost as though someone has refused to take off the plastic screen protector - and we all know how annoying those people are.

Now about this i would like too say that it is that guys problem if he don't find the keypad stylish then he must buy style statement phone and if he thinks that the phone looks cheap that is also his problem

and to the first poster if music is the main concern

go and buy the N91 it's production has been stopped but you will still find it in some shops

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^^^^^^^

GOD..its you amd......waddup dude????????..hhehheh

nice to have ur SE rantings...keep em coming.....i almost stopped coming to mobile section becoz of ur absence....welcome back bro... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom