10k PC upgrade

digit1191

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Browsing, HD movies, CS1.6 / CS:S, DotA, MS Office 2010

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 10,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I would like to. But i'm on a strict budget so I cant get a CPU capable of overclocking

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 HP x64

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: i already have a HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a 1024x768 CRT. Im on a budget, so cant upgrade. might upgrade later

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Optical drive, Hard disk, Cabinet, Keyboard, Mouse, OS, PSU [i have a 450w Intex PSU. I think i should get a new one. ]

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have not. But i have watched tutorials and i think i will be able to do it on my own

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Ahmedabad. First preference - local. If i dont get it locally then online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: This PC is for my parents. They have a P4 system.

This is what i have in mind :

Pentium g620 - 3400
ASUS P8H61-M PLUS V2 B3 - 3200
CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 1333 - 1250
Now CORSAIR CX430 V2 - 2700. The question is, do i need a PSU upgrade ?

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^It's better to replace the desi PSU with a branded one. The configuration you have in mind is good. See if the ASRock H61M/U3S3 comes to stock in flipkart soon. If yes, get that instead.

OP
digit1191

digit1191

In the zone
wow thanks RiGOD. I dint know H61 boards came with sata3 and usb3. Still wondering why this is priced so low. Any chance i might be able to find it locally ?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
CS 1.6 player? me too :D even an 2nd gen i3 with HD 2000 will play CS 1.6 smoothly with 100 fps, may be you will get 60 fps in source and don't worry about DOTA, IGP wil handle it easily :D

Top Bottom