** ~10k mobile advice thread **

_prabhat

Journeyman
flipkart has those on sale.

I think both Huawei Ascend G510 and Huawei Ascend Y300 are not released yet. Expected to be released on 15th April or in May. Those are pre booking. Here is a review for Y300. Hands on: Huawei Ascend Y300 review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar
A smartphone with price below 8000/- with dual core processor and Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 with 5 MP camera going to rock. Most probably I will buy Y300. It is affordable good smartphone. Please let me know what do you think because you are an expert.

p.s. I have never used Huawei phone yet. Is it a good brand? Should be better than Indian brands like micromax and karbon.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Both of them are selling on Flipkart although one of them is currently out of stock.
Yes it is a good brand and also has lot of 3rd party developer support(hence more custom ROMs)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think both Huawei Ascend G510 and Huawei Ascend Y300 are not released yet. Expected to be released on 15th April or in May. Those are pre booking. Here is a review for Y300. Hands on: Huawei Ascend Y300 review | Phone Reviews | TechRadar
A smartphone with price below 8000/- with dual core processor and Android Jelly Bean 4.1.1 with 5 MP camera going to rock. Most probably I will buy Y300. It is affordable good smartphone. Please let me know what do you think because you are an expert.

p.s. I have never used Huawei phone yet. Is it a good brand? Should be better than Indian brands like micromax and karbon.

Huawei is sold in US as well as Europe. They have range of mobiles but only a few are released here thats why people don't really know about Huawei when it is 3rd largest mobile manufacturer by volume.

How is Huawei Ascend Y300 guys ?
Which one is best to buy Y300 or G510.

G510 is slightly better. Cortex A9 dualcore + PowerVR SGX531 vs Cortex A5 dualcore + Adreno 203. Y300 will offer more battery life whereas G510 can play almost any games you throw at it.

Piyushgenwa

Broken In
need to buy a 10k smartphone. Decent camera, nice apps, decent gaming, nice ram. I am a teenager, so suggest accordingly. I need to buy it till 27 april. Should i buy the lumia 520. Suggest quickly PLEASE.....

Flash

Lost in speed
If you're ok with WP, you can blindly go for L520. Else, Sony Xperia E for Android.
Though, both have 512MB RAM.

_prabhat

Journeyman
Though, both have 512MB RAM.

Is it possible to get Android phone with 1 GB RAM around 12K( excluding Indian brands MMX,Karbonn etc ). I am waiting for Hauwei ascend G526 Huawei Ascend G526 - Full phone specifications and I really hope it's price will be around 12K. Fingers crossed.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Is it possible to get Android phone with 1 GB RAM around 12K( excluding Indian brands MMX,Karbonn etc ). I am waiting for Hauwei ascend G526 Huawei Ascend G526 - Full phone specifications and I really hope it's price will be around 12K. Fingers crossed.

It Doesn't have GPU.What is the point of getting a phone with Dual core CPU when it can't play more than 480p videos due to lack of GPU.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
It Doesn't have GPU.What is the point of getting a phone with Dual core CPU when it can't play more than 480p videos due to lack of GPU.

it has. all android mobiles have GPU irrespective of manufacturer and price. most likely it uses the homegrown hisilicon k3v2 along with vivante GPU.

Yep ...I meant young duos not grand lol...facepalm..
Anyway is it better than tipo...?

Samsung Galaxy Young S6310 - Full phone specifications

yup. if you want dual sim, this is the best you can find from international brand.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Just like Samsung Galaxy Y it is useless then.

performance of the quadcore version: Review Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL Smartphone. at first i was skeptical as this is the first time i have seen Vivante GPU in action. dualcore should be able to go against LG L9/S Advance.

Top Bottom