** ~10k mobile advice thread **

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Buy a 1 TB external HDD instead and use it with OTG cable. Both cost the same.
Not convenient to carry the HDD everywhere+memory cards are shock resistent and waterproof. Future Samsung flagship phones will come with minimum 512gb storage. S9 is expected to have a 128 or 256gb variant too.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Not convenient to carry the HDD everywhere+memory cards are shock resistent and waterproof. Future Samsung flagship phones will come with minimum 512gb storage. S9 is expected to have a 128 or 256gb variant too.
2.5" drives are easy to carry around. Nobody should buy phones with below 32 GB storage since about 5-10 GB is taken up by the OS and bloatware (if any).

kunnusingh

Journeyman
So, no non-root method, very sad. Why haven't you updated to Nougat?

Once it will be officially released then I will upgrade it to Nougat. I also read some thread about making custom partition so If Nougat will be available for my mobile then I will prefer to install it on SD card + Internal storage.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
2.5" drives are easy to carry around. Nobody should buy phones with below 32 GB storage since about 5-10 GB is taken up by the OS and bloatware (if any).
True. But the difference between 32 and 64gb phones is like 6-7k, depending on models, which matters a lot at the time of purchase. A normal user will go for a card rather than internal storage.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
True. But the difference between 32 and 64gb phones is like 6-7k, depending on models, which matters a lot at the time of purchase. A normal user will go for a card rather than internal storage.
Yes. Even I would do so if there are no other changes. What people do is they buy 8-16 GB version and then crib about storage or how they can't install apps into sd card.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Kaunsa phone?

Samsung on7 Pro.

Only 8GB Internal space, Does not allow to use SD as Internal but If your phone is rooted then you can use patch and enable it. However it does not work as I was thinking and it keep showing internal storage full so I use App2SD and move most of apps from Internal to SD card.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well not everyone has the $$ to get the highest storage variant.
Gone are the days when you needed that more money for higher storage (case and point 32 GB Redmi 5A for 7k). One shouldn't complain about lack of other "features" like fingerprint reader at this price (apparently, Apple didn't include it in a 1000$ phone as well).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Gone are the days when you needed that more money for higher storage (case and point 32 GB Redmi 5A for 7k). One shouldn't complain about lack of other "features" like fingerprint reader at this price (apparently, Apple didn't include it in a 1000$ phone as well).
Well what if a someone's buying a s7 or 5t(this one doesn't have the card slot btw) the difference in price in next higher variant is around 5-6k. Like I mentioned before depends upon models. In redmi one's the difference is less yes.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well what if a someone's buying a s7 or 5t(this one doesn't have the card slot btw) the difference in price in next higher variant is around 5-6k. Like I mentioned before depends upon models. In redmi one's the difference is less yes.
Flagship pricing is out of context for this thread. Let's not get off-topic.
Take @kunnusingh's phone for example. Samsung didn't even bother to have 16 GB storage in a 9-10k phone.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Flagship pricing is out of context for this thread. Let's not get off-topic.
Take @kunnusingh's phone for example. Samsung didn't even bother to have 16 GB storage in a 9-10k phone.
The difference between j7 pro and g4's variant is 3-4k, with higher end phones the difference keeps on increasing.
But you are right bigger the name, lesser the specs.

andy_65_in

Padawan
Hi kunnusingh do you mean formatting a sd cad permits internal storage in MM..i hv a 64 gb sd card installed but cant use it as internal memory,aim being to transfer all my apps to it.BTW how this partitioning is done

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi kunnusingh do you mean formatting a sd cad permits internal storage in MM..i hv a 64 gb sd card installed but cant use it as internal memory,aim being to transfer all my apps to it.BTW how this partitioning is done
I think he meant that formatting/partitioning the card is the 1st step after which a rooted phone+app2sd can do the trick.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Well i bought 16gb Redmi 5A for 5k so I'm not going to complain about the storage at that price. Btw 5A is really amazing for the price. Although yes only 8.5gb was available out of the box.

Sent from my Redmi 5A using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I can understand 60gb GTA5 install on PC or 60GB videos in mobile but what exactly are people installing in their mobiles that require 100GB+ internal storage.:emoji_thinking:
Yesterday a friend of mine used the 4k camera in his note 8 to record a random video in the office. The size of the 40 second video was around 600mb. BC hadd hi hogayi.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is okay.4K videos require that much bit rate & one can understand need for 128/256gb memory cards for storing videos.My point was why would people need 100gb+ "internal space" which is required compulsorily only for app installation(one can always set default location of recorded videos to memory card).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
That is okay.4K videos require that much bit rate & one can understand need for 128/256gb memory cards for storing videos.My point was why would people need 100gb+ "internal space" which is required compulsorily only for app installation(one can always set default location of recorded videos to memory card).
True. Memory cards over 32gb are way overpriced.
Anyways any 5t user here?

Top Bottom