** ~10k mobile advice thread **

joyceanblue

Broken In
Hi friends, kindly help me decide a phone for my bro, he is not very good with tech and gadgets, so need a simple and reliable phone.
1. Budget? Rs. 10,000
2. Display type and size? NA
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Xiaomi
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? NA
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G ready
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Work and internet
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? NA
10. Any other info that you want to share : Need a reliable phone, easy to use, not going to use it for much gaming.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi friends, kindly help me decide a phone for my bro, he is not very good with tech and gadgets, so need a simple and reliable phone.
1. Budget? Rs. 10,000
2. Display type and size? NA
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? Xiaomi
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Work and internet
10. Any other info that you want to share : Need a reliable phone, easy to use, not going to use it for much gaming.
honor 9 lite

hot1994

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys I have narrowed down to these two phones real me and Asus zenfone max pro m1 so can someone tell me which one I should opt for as
Real me has only face unlock which is bit slow with what I have heard.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey guys I have narrowed down to these two phones real me and Asus zenfone max pro m1 so can someone tell me which one I should opt for as
Real me has only face unlock which is bit slow with what I have heard.
Get Zenfone Max Pro M1 unless you like butchered version of android.

k_v

Journeyman
Guys I'm looking to buy a phone for my dad immediately. A good battery is of paramount importance. Finally he has agreed to ditch his Windows Phone for an Android and I need to capitalize on this before he changes his mind again :p

1. Budget? Rs. 10,000
2. Display type and size? 5.5" max. Don't think he would be comfortable with larger devices.
3. Dual sim? Yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? None. Need a good after sales support.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Emails, MS Office, Whatsapp, Camera, Music, Movies
10. Any other info that you want to share : A good battery is a must. Something that would last him through the day. He gets a lot of phone calls!

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys I'm looking to buy a phone for my dad immediately. A good battery is of paramount importance. Finally he has agreed to ditch his Windows Phone for an Android and I need to capitalize on this before he changes his mind again

1. Budget? Rs. 10,000
2. Display type and size? 5.5" max. Don't think he would be comfortable with larger devices.
3. Dual sim? Yes
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Emails, MS Office, Whatsapp, Camera, Music, Movies
10. Any other info that you want to share : A good battery is a must. Something that would last him through the day. He gets a lot of phone calls!
I was going to recommend Nokia 3.1 even though it is very overpriced since your dad wants a reliable phone with good service support but then you mentioned good battery. So in that case, for good battery Redmi Note 5 is only decent option.

k_v

Journeyman
I was going to recommend Nokia 3.1 even though it is very overpriced since your dad wants a reliable phone with good service support but then you mentioned good battery. So in that case, for good battery Redmi Note 5 is only decent option.

Thank for the reply Mohit. Redmi Note 5 was being considered by me, the only possible drawback being the screen size! I fear it might be a little too big for him. He's from the generation that likes to keep their phones in the breast pocket of the shirt :p.

How do these 3 phones stand up to the RN 5:
1. Moto E4 Plus
2. Lenovo K8 Plus
3. Honor 7A

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank for the reply Mohit. Redmi Note 5 was being considered by me, the only possible drawback being the screen size! I fear it might be a little too big for him. He's from the generation that likes to keep their phones in the breast pocket of the shirt :p.

1. Moto E4 Plus
2. Lenovo K8 Plus
3. Honor 7A
How about Redmi 4? It has a 5 inch screen and a 4000 mah battery. The 3gb/32gb model is 8.5k and 2gb/16gb is 7k.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Guys I'm looking to buy a phone for my dad immediately. A good battery is of paramount importance. Finally he has agreed to ditch his Windows Phone for an Android and I need to capitalize on this before he changes his mind again :p

1. Budget? Rs. 10,000
3. Dual sim? Yes
honor 9 lite

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

1. Moto E4 Plus
2. Lenovo K8 Plus
3. Honor 7A
Try to get Zenfone Max Pro M1 for 11k.
I've been considering the same for my father despite it being a larger phone.

k_v

Journeyman
Try to get Zenfone Max Pro M1 for 11k.
I've been considering the same for my father despite it being a larger phone.

I thought about it, but it's a little too big for him. Please suggest something in this budget with a 5.5" screen & atleast a 4000mah battery.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I thought about it, but it's a little too big for him. Please suggest something in this budget with a 5.5" screen & atleast a 4000mah battery.
No other phone in this budget comes with stock android oreo out of the box. Redmi 5 is overpriced and has a 3300 mAh battery (stupid downgrade by Xiaomi).

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hey, doesn't that phone have a 3000mah battery? I'm looking for something bigger. I guess the Moto E4 Plus is the only option that ticks all boxes at the moment. Is it a worthwhile buy anymore?
Moto E4 has only large battery everything else is bad in that phone also for your dad I think honor 9 lite will easily last him 1 day because my zenfone 3 with 2600 mah battery can last 1 day easily for me.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
There are a few Panasonic phones in the market with big batteries and 5.5 in screen size or less.

Top Bottom