10k-12k smartphone buying advice 2014

sidspark

coming through
hello I need to buy my first smartphone so plese help me with it.
I will be buying the phone at the end of the month January 2014
prefered specs
budget : 10k-12k
Ram : 1gb or greater
Inbuilt storage : 4gb or greater
camera : 8mp or greater
edge,3g,wifi,wifi hotspot
good screen
screen size : 4.5 or greater
purpose : camera,internet,moderate gaming,video recording,movies etc..
brands : any

other specs : hd video recording,good resolution.
thanks in advance.
the mobiles i have been seeing : xolo 800, micromax a110 canvas 2,xolo1000s,motorola moto g (8gb).

Last edited:
OP
sidspark

sidspark

coming through
but moto g costs around 15-16k right.
and also no expandable memory.
heard that only 5gb out of 8gb can be used.
how about xolo phones are they reliable ??? and is the camera good in xolo 1000

sksundram

In the zone
@op Moto G is definitely out of your budget. In your budget options are limited. I am a xolo q800 user (white version). It's a very good phone by my standards. No lag, good camera performance and no way looks cheap. You can also look at xolo q700. It is IMO slightly better than xolo q800 coz of better battery, ogs screen and OTG support BUT comes with an Inferior camera.

Last edited:

sksundram

In the zone
^^ Hows Xolo 800's battery performance ??

It's good. I can't tell you how the battery performs on 2g coz from day 1 It's on 3g. With both sim ON (3g+2g), I get around 7 hours while continuously surfing on 3g. You must know that 3g is the biggest power sucker. Sometimes when I use only single sim in 2g mode for a brief period, I wonder how NOT so quickly my phone's battery drains.

You won't be able to live with just 8GB(actually 5GB) storage in phone............ Also Moto G would be costlier
So better get Sony M dual or something from Indian manufacturers like XOLO Q900 (they have good quality products nowadays but if u r very unlucky u may have to deal with their bad A.S.S.)
Sony Xperia M Dual vs XOLO Q900 vs XOLO Q1000 vs Micromax Canvas Magnus A117: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
You won't be able to live with just 8GB(actually 5GB) storage in phone............ Also Moto G would be costlier
So better get Sony M dual or something from Indian manufacturers like XOLO Q900 (they have good quality products nowadays but if u r very unlucky u may have to deal with their bad A.S.S.)
Sony Xperia M Dual vs XOLO Q900 vs XOLO Q1000 vs Micromax Canvas Magnus A117: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

Moto G has usb OTG support where you can connect your pendrive and storage issue can be fixed in that way.

sksundram

In the zone
Yeah! How good it would look - a pendrive always hanging from the phone. 5gb is toooo low. It's a joke not to have extra storage support.

Yeah! How good it would look - a pendrive always hanging from the phone. 5gb is toooo low. It's a joke not to have extra storage support.

Exactly !!!
I've seen my friend using his Xperia U(which he gave to his mother & upgraded to Optimus G AT&T)
That's why USB OTG is not a solution to limited storage. 16GB(13GB actually) makes more sense & most people can live with it, you just need clean up of unnecessary apps n files from time to time

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Exactly !!!
I've seen my friend using his Xperia U(which he gave to his mother & upgraded to Optimus G AT&T)
That's why USB OTG is not a solution to limited storage. 16GB(13GB actually) makes more sense & most people can live with it, you just need clean up of unnecessary apps n files from time to time[/QUOTE]

Cleaning up the cache also helps. I had almost 30 MB cache stored in Galaxy Y.

Top Bottom