101 reasons not to buy a windows phone 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudS

Broken In
Just a few more things which are FALSE. I must say, don't bother reading this list.
PS - Just made a quick view, not reading the whole list. Its a funny list though.

37. Cannot delete a song from phone.

42. Online and phone contacts are mixed together with no ability to filter.

88. Cannot save new contacts from call history.

96. No silent option (no vibrate and no ring).

andro

Broken In
The facts given in the OP are not completely true,the counter post clarify them clearly.
Looks like the the person who has written those didn't know that you have to configure a phone after buying.
Another fact that I would like to state here about WP7 that is not highlighted is to make use of the OS you need a fast and high limit or unlimited data connection.Use the phone on a regular EDGE network and you would feel the device lacking in terms of overall performance.It also pulls data at quite a constant rate and ther is no way to customize data usage for particular apps.It's either ON or OFF for the data usage.It's not like an Android or iPhone where even on 2G networks you can run your phone easily.

P.S-I have used all the three OS on 3g networks and currently using a Note.

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Give the os a chance to mature.
I used my friends omnia w and was impressed with the fluidity and performance.
Sure it has it faults here and there but remember microsoft never does things
right the first time then drops a bombshell.

But also take a look at this Enjoying Chevron? Say Goodbye to Your Developer Unlock

And the problem with android is fragmentation and crap developers from manufacturers like samsung,micromax to name a few.They just hack away at the code until it works somewhat and sell it to the public.A major problem with battery is caused by users themselves by installing rogue(?) apps which keep transfering data (data mining?) which causes drain.

Developers are having a tough time to clean up the mess samsung made in my phone's kernel to be able to port a newer version of android.Use a clean and properly coded rom and you would not believe your phone was that capable.My phone performs so much better on a alpha rom(yes alpha not even beta without all features working properly or none at all) than on "samdung's official" 2.2 rom.

Last edited:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
And Windows phone for Noobs?

Don't give general opinions.
-Samsung galaxy ace duos - its targeted at common ppl and its a vfm.Not a techie phone.
-Galaxy Note-Business guys
-Karbon mobile- Common ppl
-GSII -techies may be

so Depends on model and manufacturer.

No, n00bs are for windows phones, had a hearty laugh on this comment ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom