1000+ reasons never to buy any Apple products

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Apple Watch launches in India; starts at Rs 30,900 and goes up to Rs 14.2 lakh – Tech2

Akhand ***tiyapa

If anybody can spend 14.2 lakhs on a watch, they should just buy an actual premium watch instead of a 18 carat pink crap.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ worried about the growth in amount of isheeps in India. More isheeps means more "apple is the best", "apple is premium" and other such misleading articles which in turn would result in more isheeps.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^again, you are still worried about where other people are spending their money. These isheep are as good as fairies. But will still try and explain.

ok. First of all if merely using apple products is herd mentality, then hating apple products is also herd mentality.
2-4% of Smartphone users in India use Apple, if you consider all phones it is less than 2% and there are more symbian users than ios users. You cannot be worried about this marginal portion of the population.
And Apple must be doing something right if everyone from Lava to HTC harps about art/design/simplicity in their promotions. Actually, it is even in their product designs, what is Lava Iris or HTC One A9 if not a tribute to the work of Jony Ive? Samsung, Motorola and Nokia make fun of Apple in their ads, when they are competing with each other. Xiaomi copies everything from the CEO's wardrobe to the UI. Why? Why are there no flagships more expensive than Apple products? How come mobile phones start being in the "luxury" segment at the Apple price point? These other companies products, promotion and pricing give the Apple exclusivity illusion as much as Apple itself.
Don't worry, there are concepts known as having a job, saving, budgeting, which allows people to buy superior products if they want to.
Also, there is ecosystem. Ecosystem is the reason people prefer Android over Windows Phone, then that the same reason is why people prefer Apple over Android.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I am confused between Android & iPhone .... iPhone gives me simplicity & consistency whereas I can download stuff on torrent :p in Android... I currently own iPhone 4 & OnePlus One & I am getting sick of carrying two phones as they fill up my pockets. Opo is a little too big for formal wear trousers & iP4 a little too small.... what should I do????? I have paid apps in both ecosystems... experience of iOS has been good as websites open clearly but iP4 with 512 MB RAM is just not usable today. Chrome has become sh!t & it often crashes even with the 3 Gigs of RAM. iPhone 6S pricing is JUST NOT RIGHT for us Indians. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

amjath

Human Spambot
I am confused between Android & iPhone .... iPhone gives me simplicity & consistency whereas I can download stuff on torrent :p in Android... I currently own iPhone 4 & OnePlus One & I am getting sick of carrying two phones as they fill up my pockets. Opo is a little too big for formal wear trousers & iP4 a little too small.... what should I do????? I have paid apps in both ecosystems... experience of iOS has been good as websites open clearly but iP4 with 512 MB RAM is just not usable today. Chrome has become sh!t & it often crashes even with the 3 Gigs of RAM. iPhone 6S pricing is JUST NOT RIGHT for us Indians. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

I never had the highlighted issue ever.

Anyway you should lean to any one ecosystem. There are 5 inch devices showing up on android, which you can try. Or get a iphone 6 instead of 6s

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I listen to podcasts often, i bought PocketCast on android because of its cool features but I learned that one can delete large sized episodes with one button that says Played..that really piss me off... i like Apple's podcast app.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Isn't 5S outdated

camera is one of the few reasons to upgrade from 3GS, still using it comfortably, so I would hazard a guess at no... other manufacturers have lesser specced devices in different price ranges right? Apple's older devices play that role in the Apple lineup.

in any case, saving most money for these devices involves planning out beforehand which devices you wanna buy which year. so latest device every year, or latest device every other year. I think the best scenario is to buy the S versions one year after their release. Also, that way, the question of which device to buy and comparing specs and price points does not arise at all.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
My main requirement is storage and content. Apple is selling a 16 GB iphone at 62000 rupees, that's like unbelievable. They sell 8GB phones with no expandable storage today at 20k (5C)... I've been using opo for 5 months and i can't go less than 64GB plus I have unlimited content on the Web through torrents which Apple blocks. Opo has a good software with few bugs but not so good hardware. It's touch is wayward & sound quality is poor. The only thing i like about it i download whole seasons and also watch them and delete all from the phone. Something I would not had imagined 10 years ago. There is no role of the PC here. In iOS I have doubts whether Netflix, Huluplus, etc. run in India? So content is available only by synchronizing with iTunes. 64GB 5S and 6 are priced the same and 6S's insane. I'm really confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom