1000+ reasons never to buy any Apple products

$hadow

Geek in making
It's hard kinda to believe it.
The only thing Apple is good at is to "Sue" other companies.

- - - Updated - - -

Total Asset for (from wikipedia):

Microsoft = US$ 172.38 billion
Google = US$ 110.92 billion
Total of two = ES$ 283.3 billion

Apple = US$ 231.839 billion

Looks like it is even better than innovating by yourself. They will just patent hundreds of tech launch only 10 and then they will start suing.

- - - Updated - - -

*pocketnow.com/2015/02/11/apple-now-worth-720b

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
oh guys come on. The US patent office is to blame for the mess. You can't blame any of the companies.
BTW, Nokia was the first to sue Apple.
A patent troll does not even require to have any devices at all to sue companies. No one does design as well as Apple, and everyone else tries to emulate them in so many ways. Marketing, Branding. Can't beat choice of apps and price point (freee).

Hating a company just because it is doing well what companies are supposed to do is just... I don't know what, some kind of bias I guess.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hating a company just because it is doing well what companies are supposed to do is just... I don't know what, some kind of bias I guess.

Last time I checked, the list in original post is still shy of top 249 reasons never to buy any Apple products. :lol:

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeh... there are plenty of reasons, I know I owe 249 reasons
still on it

If you people want to beat Apple, I got an Idea. Focus on making other stores viable for developers (Play, Amazon, Windows Mobile and others), and get people to actually consume (and delete) content instead of hoarding it. Get them to subscribe to services, and use devices as smartphones, and not feature phones with touch screens. At least this is more productive than hating Apple.

$hadow

Geek in making
yeh... there are plenty of reasons, I know I owe 249 reasons
still on it

If you people want to beat Apple, I got an Idea. Focus on making other stores viable for developers (Play, Amazon, Windows Mobile and others), and get people to actually consume (and delete) content instead of hoarding it. Get them to subscribe to services, and use devices as smartphones, and not feature phones with touch screens. At least this is more productive than hating Apple.

Hmmm this sounds deep :-D

RogerD

Right off the assembly line
I would also like to say few thoughts in this thread, so i'm going to give some reasons why Android dominates Apple:
1. Time Display is better in Android (also including day dream clock) compared to iPhone.
2. Android keyboard (plus its swipe feature) is better that iPhone. Well we can use other apps for this feature too.
3. Organizing your Apps in Android is far better than iPhone.
4. Notification display in Android is much better than iPhone (also removing them is better in Android).
5. Maps are far better in Android as they support Google maps.
6. Android Voice Assistant works better than Siri, also allows you to type using voice command.

So, I think Android is better. Waiting your view....liked this thread. :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: Confused Between Iphone 5C or 5S

You don't have a preferred camera option and are going to use it for Internet and Regular Photography?
Then why waste 35k on an iphone? :facepalm:

Better option would be Xperia Z3C in that budget and LG G2 if you want compact phones without wasting money for the intended use.

Both 5C and 5S have stupid screen resolutions and size and too low internal memory (or lack of expandable storage options)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
oh guys come on. The US patent office is to blame for the mess. You can't blame any of the companies.
BTW, Nokia was the first to sue Apple.
A patent troll does not even require to have any devices at all to sue companies. No one does design as well as Apple, and everyone else tries to emulate them in so many ways. Marketing, Branding. Can't beat choice of apps and price point (freee).

you are right
Apple was forced to license Nokia patents after that
now microsoft is the patent king I guess because both Google and Apple have to pay them a royalty

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to say few thoughts in this thread, so i'm going to give some reasons why Android dominates Apple:
1. Time Display is better in Android (also including day dream clock) compared to iPhone.
2. Android keyboard (plus its swipe feature) is better that iPhone. Well we can use other apps for this feature too.
3. Organizing your Apps in Android is far better than iPhone.
4. Notification display in Android is much better than iPhone (also removing them is better in Android).
5. Maps are far better in Android as they support Google maps.
6. Android Voice Assistant works better than Siri, also allows you to type using voice command.

So, I think Android is better. Waiting your view....liked this thread. :)

Arguable
Both ios and android are now too busy copying each other
BB10 and WP are the only ones with a fresh outlook right now but they still have a bit more to catch up(hopefully the next release)

ios offers stability which android doesnt offer
ios isnt perfect yes,but id anyday trust an apple product over an android
I made a mistake buying a Nexus 5 and 7

Apple products are extra pricey,ill give you that but now android also has overpriced phones in its catalog

1. arguable
2.you can change the keyboard in ios just like in android.......
3.organising apps is better in iphone.....
5. wut? dude google maps is officially on ios too.........
6.not really, google now is better than siri but for voice , siri and cortana kill google now

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Apple is just bad specs, overprice should just use something made & designed by Hindus.

I personally use BlackBerry Passport in Canada, because atleast it's owned by a Hindu & I lik physical keyboards.
WTF did I just read?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Apple is just bad specs, overprice should just use something made & designed by Hindus.

I personally use BlackBerry Passport in Canada, because atleast it's owned by a Hindu & I lik physical keyboards.
:rofl:
What the F does religion has to do with buying electronics?

Will you ask for a doctor of your choice when you are having a heart attack?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: Two Indian Engineers Sued Apple For Stealing Their Patent And Just Won Rs 5,600 Crores!

Apple responded to these claims by saying that the patent was invalid, and that there was no copyright infringement.

So, apple can sue others using stupid and invalid patents and when they get sued, they put their tails in between their legs and try to run away? :lol:

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Re: Two Indian Engineers Sued Apple For Stealing Their Patent And Just Won Rs 5,600 Crores!

^src?

US patent office is a mess, blame the game, not the player

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

US patent office is a mess, blame the game, not the player

Samsung and Apple are known patent trolls though
even Google till an extent
sue and get sued all the time

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

A patent troll is a company that does not own any products, and still sues other companies that do
In pejorative usage, a patent troll is a person or company that attempts to enforce patent rights against accused infringers far beyond the patent's actual value or contribution to the prior art. Patent trolls often do not manufacture products or supply services based upon the patents in question.
that is from wikipedia

A patent troll uses patents as legal weapons, instead of actually creating any new products or coming up with new ideas. Instead, trolls are in the business of litigation (or even just threatening litigation).
From Electronic Frontier Foundation *www.eff.org/issues/resources-patent-troll-victims

A derogatory term used to describe people or companies that misuse patents as a business strategy. A patent troll obtains the patents being sold at auctions by bankrupt companies attempting to liquidate their assets, or by doing just enough research to prove they had the idea first. They can then launch lawsuits against infringing companies, or simply hold the patent without planning to practise the idea in an attempt to keep other companies productivity at a standstill.

Read more: Patent Troll Definition | Investopedia Patent Troll Definition | Investopedia

so how are Apple, Google or Samsung "patent trolls" ? By what definition?

ratul

█████████████████

maybe that's why iPhone 6S is most expensive in India. :chinscratch: :twisted:
*i.imgur.com/xaXHA0M.jpg

rhyansy

MSI Gaming Pan India Sale

maybe that's why iPhone 6S is most expensive in India. :chinscratch: :twisted:
*i.imgur.com/xaXHA0M.jpg

Do take note that prices are without taxes. In India, the MSRP has tax included. Also, those countries in list a free economies. Why there's no Russia, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, Egypt?

Top Bottom