100 SMSes a day cap again imposed

mastervk

In the zone
I just wanna ask

If I send my girlfriend I lov u or M sorry SMS 3 times, will I gonna filter my SMSes ? And what blocking similar characters ? They are now going to sensor SMS. People we are loosing our freedom at slow pace.

I agree with Anorion. Sometime I send a lot, many time not even 2.
If some filters like this is actually implemented you will got a good excuse not to repeat your message .You can hope you have an understanding GF who does not want repeat messages :p

axes2t2

I am a cat
If I send my girlfriend I lov u or M sorry SMS 3 times, will I gonna filter my SMSes ? And what blocking similar characters ? They are now going to sensor SMS. People we are loosing our freedom at slow pace.

I agree with Anorion. Sometime I send a lot, many time not even 2.

Desperate and needy.

Once is okay man.

bubusam13

Human
Okay, leave GF.

I send someone a phone number "8672538263". Ok. Due to some reason he dont receive that SMS. So I forward the same SMS again. But is this system is implemented, my second SMS will be filtered.

Case 2.
I send a SMS "START QUIZ" to a number suppose "8972987338". But I dont get any acknowledgement. So I again sent the same sms to the same number. In this case I can't even edit that SMS coz "START QUIZ" is the format that server will recognise. So this system will filter my second SMS due to similar characters.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hey this is like you cannot send multiple sms with the same thing to diff people also...
so basically you are not allowed to send "happy diwali" or "happy new year" to everyone in the phonebook

bubusam13

Human
Then its more worst.... So should I write 200+ different SMSes for 200+ different people at these times. Developers here in TDF, pls develop a mobile app that can add a " . " after each sms like
(1 st sms)Happy Diwali,
(2nd SMS)Happy Diwali. ,
(3rd SMS)Happy Diwali ..

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
Okay, leave GF.

I send someone a phone number "8672538263". Ok. Due to some reason he dont receive that SMS. So I forward the same SMS again. But is this system is implemented, my second SMS will be filtered.

Case 2.
I send a SMS "START QUIZ" to a number suppose "8972987338". But I dont get any acknowledgement. So I again sent the same sms to the same number. In this case I can't even edit that SMS coz "START QUIZ" is the format that server will recognise. So this system will filter my second SMS due to similar characters.

hey this is like you cannot send multiple sms with the same thing to diff people also...
so basically you are not allowed to send "happy diwali" or "happy new year" to everyone in the phonebook

Then its more worst.... So should I write 200+ different SMSes for 200+ different people at these times. Developers here in TDF, pls develop a mobile app that can add a " . " after each sms like
(1 st sms)Happy Diwali,
(2nd SMS)Happy Diwali. ,
(3rd SMS)Happy Diwali ..

That means no more forward messages also :-? Doesn't sound very nice.

Someone start a petition please, in change.com
Are you sure about the website? :p

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Ok. Those 'buddha' guys don't even have social life or try to understand the meaning of it. :facepalm:

bubusam13

Human
Those buddhas when young doesnot have mobile phones. So they can't understand it. Moreover most older generations are reserved type and does not welcome new ideas. Thelcom companies are looting people, they assure to provide 7.2 mbps data link and we hardly get 256 kbps in most areas, they falsely activate services and deduct money, TRAI is not doing anything about that. The whole point seems that SMS are a fast means of communication and in recent IAC and many other occasions, they have proved to spread people's voices fast. So the Govt is trying to tie the knot on SMS.

Those buddhas when young doesnot have mobile phones. So they can't understand it. Moreover most older generations are reserved type and does not welcome new ideas. Thelcom companies are looting people, they assure to provide 7.2 mbps data link and we hardly get 256 kbps in most areas, they falsely activate services and deduct money, TRAI is not doing anything about that. The whole point seems that SMS are a fast means of communication and in recent IAC and many other occasions, they have proved to spread people's voices fast. So the Govt is trying to tie the knot on SMS.

shaurya.malik88

Broken In
Well, I personally do not send messages unless very necessary - anyone worth sending a message to is worth giving a call. And its easier on the fingers too. The only reason for this obsession with messages is keeping it low cost - but then again becomes to justify since most of the texting crowd keeps very expensive cellphones.

Naxal

Little Kid
SMS was a very effective way of communication. Also when they made it free with one time free, it was really a welcome news for todays generation where information needs to flow and flow fast.

It's just another digital way of talking.

Decisions makers (politicians) wont be bothered till the lobbiest (business men) wont push them. Lobbiest people wont bother till their revenue generation is effected.

Let those systems be in place, people will look for other means, ways and once they find few to replace this present system of their choice of communication, things would be back in place.

Above is just my personal view given on the situation, this is not directed to any person of any community, just my understanding, which I accept, may be wrong.

roshan1236a

The rated R superstar.
I dont remember when I have sent more than 50 messages a day ... 100 messages a day is adequate.

However there must be some web-site where we can register complaint on the numbers from which we get this annoying messages.

:shock:

Top Bottom