100+ fixes xpctd in vista sp1 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Sources close to Microsoft confirmed Monday that it is currently testing Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1). However, the company itself officially has yet to announce a definite date for the software pack's release other than saying it will be out in the second half of 2007

The owner of a blog dedicated to software patches has posted online more than 100 fixes he said are expected to be included in Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1), Microsoft Corp.'s first major update to its latest Windows client operating system.

Ethan Allen, owner of The Hotfix blog and Web site, has posted a preview and information center for SP1, a site that includes many of the software patches Microsoft will include in the package, he said.

Allen, a software quality assurance manager at a company in Bellevue, Wash., said he received the fixes from someone close to Microsoft who has access to the technology.

source

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
@ambandla
Plz see this before making those comments
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53487

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
dude, XP released in 2001 and Vista in 2007 and there is only 3 million increase in sales number?

Come on. When you compare the sales of Vista with that of Windows 95, the change will be exponential. That doesn't mean that Vista is roaring success.

Don't forget that Ballmer said just few days before the sales number release that Vista sales are not looking good.

Comparing Vista sales with XP's is just a marketing gimmic and nothing else.

and as I told, no offense meant in my earlier post. It's known fact that Vista will be a success (is there any better alternate to vista in PC?) but as of now, vista sales are still not upto the mark ( as per Steve Ballmer) :)

and we all knew that Microsoft was working on SP1 even before Vista was released.

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^hey @ambandla....some comment for ur signature..
Introducing Windows Vista 2.0. Check it out at *www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html

If apple is better than windows than why the hell name "windows vista 2.o"......LOL

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
@ambandla
Well even 20 million is huge number...Anywayz I dont want to start arguing..

@everyone else
Well those of you who think that SP1 will introduce any new major security patches,then you are wrong because already Vista is the most secure OS till now & mind you no XP viruses work on Vista..and SP1 addresses compatibility issues & performance improvements...

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
ravi_9793 said:
Introducing Windows Vista 2.0. Check it out at *www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html

If apple is better than windows than why the hell name "windows vista 2.o"......LOL

@ravi

Oh god. Please give Ravi the extra intelligence to understand the meaning inside my signature.

Just Kidding mate. That signature means that Leopard is far ahead of Windows in Operating System design. If you still don't understand, leave it and I am not going to change the signature.

If I do further explanation, this thread will become another mac vs windows thread.

kirangp said:
@ambandla
Well even 20 million is huge number...Anywayz I dont want to start arguing..

@everyone else
Well those of you who think that SP1 will introduce any new major security patches,then you are wrong because already Vista is the most secure OS till now & mind you no XP viruses work on Vista..and SP1 addresses compatibility issues & performance improvements...

@Kiran. Yes. let's leave it here.

Though the majority of fixes should be for compatibility issues and performance issues, there should be some security fixes in Vista SP1.

Last edited:

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
well security patches are there but not major ones...All minor ones...most of them are compatibility & performance improvements

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
You people are missing some of the major enhancements to be brought about by SP1.
SP1 shall include Kernel Code v 6 and also an ehnanced Windows Search for network searching support.

And for all those who feel Vista is a complete copy for Leopard, please have a look at this article, *www.winsupersite.com/showcase/macosx_leopard_preview.asp, it shall throw light on the supposedly Major Features of Leopard, features which MS releases as free powertoys for Windows.

Also, what apple claims as 5 major OS releases oer 6 years, are just minor addons to the same OS X. Contrary to that, MS has evolved XP a lot more than what Apple has done to OS X.

I am not saying Vista has not copied Leopard, even it has copied iCal. But atleast it does not flay its compititors like apple does, even for features it itself has copied from other OS.

A must read for every techie.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
considering it takes ubuntu 6 months for new release which always has huge and radical it is no surprise vista already has plans for an sp1.

shantanu

Technomancer
@ambandla : i think you should better stick to mac, coz fanboys have made made threads as fighting places and you are making it here... kiran and ravi are absolutely right, and as far as MAC is concerned, i wont comment on it, coz everyone now knows that WHAT MACS are? what they can do and what not, so its baseless and meaning less discussions again and agian.. if you want mods and admins to lock the thread or miserable 1 or 2 people then i cant say anything.. else read other threads and be happy :p

and vista has not copied MAC OSX is any sense.. read other threads... and you will get the answer...

Last edited:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
shantanu_webmaster said:
@ambandla : i think you should better stick to mac, coz fanboys have made made threads as fighting places and you are making it here... kiran and ravi are absolutely right, and as far as MAC is concerned, i wont comment on it, coz everyone now knows that WHAT MACS are? what they can do and what not, so its baseless and meaning less discussions again and agian.. if you want mods and admins to lock the thread or miserable 1 or 2 people then i cant say anything.. else read other threads and be happy :p

and vista has not copied MAC OSX is any sense.. read other threads... and you will get the answer...

Did I start the windows vs mac here. Read the thread from the beginning.

My first response was:

lol. No offense but Vista's sales aren't even in full swing and SP1 is under testing hahaha.

Do you think that I am trying to start mac vs PC thread here? If yes, what do you say for the update from Ravi? Be logical.

=====================================================

==========================================================

FYI, me and kiran continued the discussion around Vista SP1 as you can see in other posts and I replied to Ravi's comment in my own way.

now, stop trying to reply to my post and start discussing SP1 uses etc.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
so even you can stop it .. isnt it, you can be the one to show the maturity... :p as i did in some other threads :D
and yes you didnt start it but you can end it , i am saying his just for your own good. i think you can understand... :p
i dont want that to be repeated here, what happened to ARYA and GX_saurav :) ... thats why i have stopped writing to M$ vs MAC :D

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Maturity.

hmm. Everyone stopped posting "windows or mac" after 2-3 posts and then you asked me to stop. The result: 4 more posts related to something not related to discussion going on. And this would be last post on this unrelated topic.

coming to SP1 fixes:

*www.vistasp1.net/

This link contains SP1 preview pack. and a list of fixes for vista. Don't know how authentic it is.

Last edited:
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
alsiladka said:
You people are missing some of the major enhancements to be brought about by SP1.
SP1 shall include Kernel Code v 6 and also an ehnanced Windows Search for network searching support.

And for all those who feel Vista is a complete copy for Leopard, please have a look at this article...

thanx 4 d addl inputs.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
ambandla said:
@ravi

Oh god. Please give Ravi the extra intelligence to understand the meaning inside my signature.

Just Kidding mate. That signature means that Leopard is far ahead of Windows in Operating System design. If you still don't understand, leave it and I am not going to change the signature.

If I do further explanation, this thread will become another mac vs windows thread..
Hey...don't pray for me.i don't need anyone's pray...at least yours.I can understand wht your signature mean......but I think you can't.

If Mac Leopard is far better than windows(as you said,read in ur own post)..than why you are giving it vista 2.0 name.In fact vista sud copy the name and advertise as Leopard 2.0 LOL

And one thing more..you said "God give him mind"..and than said "just kiding"...I don't like such kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom