100+ fixes xpctd in vista sp1 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
@ abhijangda
When I used to run Xp home edition with SP2 on my machine(3 ghz,1 gb ram,128 MB Asus Radeon 9600 XT) it used to work sluggishly but when I installed Vista on my system it has been working super fast even better than a fresh install of XP...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
abhijangda said:
Who will use vista friend. The speed at which xp run on 736mb ram is fast. But vista will run at a very low speed.
WRONG.

when i ran Vista Beta2 on the following config,, it out-performed XP.

config.- Intel DG965WH, P4 - 3.06GHz, 512/1GB DDR2 800 Corsair RAM.

i had installed XP Pro (sp2), but it was slow.

the drive access time, file access time(just after desktop comes).... were so faast on Vista, as if the files were stored on RAM.:D

Vista manages the RAM (resources) pretty nicely.

P.S. i had run Vista on 512 & 1GB RAM config.

btw did you install Vista on your system?, if yes then post your config pls. :)

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
yup thats what I meant...it is superfast compared to XP....Now I dont feel like goin back to XP again;)...My desktop just loads within 20-30 secs & in XP it used to load in 1.5 mins.....Long live Vista

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
@abhijangda

Dude, even i am running Vista on my Laptop with Centrino 1.6 and 758 MB ram and it outperforms XP.

Right now, it has Intel 915 and hence Aero is Disabled, otherwise if i would have had a better graphics card, performance would have been better and faster.

Try it out first, do not take other peoples word that vista will be slower.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
as you use Vista, u will feel its speed enhancements over XP. I just dont understand why people criticise, it happened even during XP saying 98 is more stable than XP.

If u r not interested in something, dont bother to speak or write there as it has nothing to do with you. I never go to the open source thread as I am against the concept of open source.

Thx anand for the update. I am quite eager for the sp1. I trust there will performance boost with it.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Im using Windows Vista as my main OS.... I don not have any other OS installed on my PC.... and trust me vista rocks....
Its by far the best OS created by MS.... Im using the 32 bit edition and am gonna install the 64 bit now..... The hardware compatiability is good... i dint had to install any driver by myself (manually)....not even my graphic card.....

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^
But do install the driver for your graphics card. I dint feel the need to do install driver for graphics card until I found that VLC dint show video coz of that. Even I am planning to use 64 bit now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom