10 biggest technology myths

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Heh heh....... :-D

Is the Article Writer himself a dump !!!

So, he admits that the AMD processors were actually slower then Intel, but inspite of this it ran FASTER!!!! ======== Now, that's a dump explanation.

PS : Although I believe in him, his explanation is not correct.

I think he means with a lesser clock speed AMD proccys were faster. Poor choice of words though.

One More Myth...

If u have Amd Processsor and asus Mobo and Ati Onboard graphics card , you cannot have NVdia Grafic cards in ur system...

I believe this is False!!!

lol I am typing from a PC with exactly that config :D

I hope it doesn't catch fire :lol:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Thanks for sharing buddy.
You have used kingston,transcend pen drive.But now try something new aka Corsair flash voyager 8 pen drive which is far better than the two.Also has higher transfer speed and backed by 10 yrs warranty by legendary corsair.

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Nice article buddy...

+ 1
I miss this functionality in Linux !! :))
PS: Only Bill Gates and People at Microsoft knows what it does actually!!
I'm glad Linux doesn't have Refresh, it wasted lot of my time...
Even though I know I don't want to do it, I end up doing it...

Tech&ME

Banned
Nice article buddy...

I'm glad Linux doesn't have Refresh, it wasted lot of my time...
Even though I know I don't want to do it, I end up doing it...

Now don't have another MYTH !!

Some Linux distros does have "Refresh Desktop" thing, see below image:

Note: It was a distro with Microsoft licensed codecs. It is dead now!! Paid version is ONLY available at present.

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/9608/54679572.jpg

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
@Tech&Me
KDE 3.5 had the "Refresh Desktop" in the right click context menu of the desktop. You have posted the screenshot of Linspire which used KDE 3.5 with few of their own "enhancements".

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
True mate,

As I said, Linspire was actually Lindows ( clone of windows like, they tried to clone it to look and feel like windows, they also went further and got license from Microsoft to see some of their "enchancements")

Saidly It is dead now!! You need to BUY it NOW....

Another MYTH == Linux is FREE for all!!

Not really, some distros are PAIDWARE!!

Since this thread is NOT news from any angle, I'm moving it to Community Discussions.

Anyway, about the safely remove hardware thing - you NEED to do it if your OS uses delayed write and you write into the USB drive. Delayed Write means the changes are written to disk only after a fixed condition is met, which is usually files exceeding X mb in size or the unmounting of the device. It is used to improve the life of the flash memory. But on the other hand, if all you are doing is copying stuff FROM the device, i.e the device was only used for reading, there is absolutely no problem if you yank it out half way through. And often, its only the file system which is corrupted in case of a partial copy in windows. I've fixed quite a few USB drives by plugging them in my linux laptop, opening GParted, and formatting the partition, or in some cases re-creating the file-system itself. All my friends think I do some complex hardware-level fixing when all I do is make a few clicks with my mouse :D

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Now don't have another MYTH !!

Some Linux distros does have "Refresh Desktop" thing, see below image:
Note: It was a distro with Microsoft licensed codecs. It is dead now!! Paid version is ONLY available at present.

*img146.imageshack.us/img146/9608/54679572.jpg
Thanks for the info buddy. Then I'd like to prefer distros which don't have a refresh button.

Top Bottom