1 TB or more Internal HDD

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
Hey guys please note that i'll run applications and windows on the same drive, not just for storage. What rpm should i choose?
Or should i get a separate drive with higher rpm along with 2tb drive?.. Budget is a problem bcz additional high rpm drive may cost 5k more. Also no plans for SSD now.

I'm buying within 3hrs..please solve my query thanku

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for normal day-2-day usage applications difference between 5400rpm & 5900rpm is not noticeable for most users.if budget is a problem then buy 1 drive only but make sure not to be adventurous when using such a large disk as both windows & storage drive.meaning do not play with partition softwares/windows inbuilt manager/similar softwares modifying partition size etc after windows is installed & you start using your drive.do all such things at the time of first install of windows only.my suggestion is make a C drive of 40gb & rest of the space in 2 drives.also install a good free antivirus like avast/avira immediately after installing windows.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
for normal day-2-day usage applications difference between 5400rpm & 5900rpm is not noticeable for most users.
True, but usually they use such RPMs on green edition/low cost drives and with that there's higher response times and all compared to mainstream drives that are preferred to be used for OS.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
my desktop has a 7200rpm 250gb drive as the windows drive while laptop has the usual 5400rpm drive & as far as normal usage is concerned i don't see any noticeable difference.i don't play games or use heavy photo/video editing where hard disk speed matters but then i also don't count them in normal usage.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
Guys seagate 2TB 7200rpn it is for 6800..
Thanku digit... Thanku rest of you..
Please tel me how can i boot using this new blank drive?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
are you sure it is 7200rpm & not 5900rpm as in nehru place,delhi i have only seen 5900rpm drives with major shopkeepers & current price is ~6200?some shopkeepers even say it is 7200rpm because according to them if it is not 5400rpm then it is 7200rpm.better ask to actually look at the hard disk & see its model no. printed on the top along with firmware version(i always do this especially since even with same size there are different models which perform differently).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in general yes but there are other factors involved like which model/series/firmware version & above all LUCK.if LUCK is with you then all other factors lose their importance.there are people who swear that WD drives have never failed them in yrs & there are also ppl who say the same for seagate.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
are you sure it is 7200rpm & not 5900rpm as in nehru place,delhi i have only seen 5900rpm drives with major shopkeepers & current price is ~6200?some shopkeepers even say it is 7200rpm because according to them if it is not 5400rpm then it is 7200rpm.better ask to actually look at the hard disk & see its model no. printed on the top along with firmware version(i always do this especially since even with same size there are different models which perform differently).

Yes its printed 7200rpm...i bought it from delta peripherals chennai, the best in south india.. Chech their website for prices deltapage.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well in that case can you tell me what is the manufacturing date because it seems that there is a quality difference between those manufactured before march/april 2012 & after.

OP
R

rickson23

The Pirate King
Hey guys I Connected the Drive alongside my old HDD. Driver Details popped up but i cant see the drive.
please reply immediately.
opening another thread needs time to verify :(

Quickly any1 please help ,need to setup this new drive.
I need 50gb fro windows and which drive should i install games.
please specify how to assign

Top Bottom