1 Mbps is now a Legal Right In Finland

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Sam.Shab - the pricing is not that low - actually it's quite high

look at the Here

in UK i am paying £20 (Rs=20*Rs70=Rs1400) for 10Mbps Unlimited.

here a 4 Mbps Unlimited connection costs Rs. 15000 and even it has a limitation
4 Mbps upto 500 GB, 2 Mbps beyond 500 GB

here check it out :p

A 10 mbps Unlimited BB connection is fair enough for most of your online needs :p

Stuge

Youngling
COOOL ! lets buy a house in finland :D

lets face it .people don't have food,shelter to eat .how can you make internet a fundamental right in a country like india .atleast not possible IMO..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Well 3G will definitely help tech-fanatics (like most of us :)) ) achieve high-speed while accessing internet. I am currently using my 3G connection to browse and sometimes download stuff at ~2.1Mbps speed...After these private players start their operations in Sept this technology should get cheaper and accessible everywhere :)
Amen

India, land of teh suxx. Might as well emigrate to another country :(

Anyways, Norwegian people are awesome. The best metal bands, the hottest chicks, and now this. Great stuff IMO.

BTW, in a not completely "off-topic" discussion, US Senate has almost approved ACTA and the internet kill-switch

duh

Broken In
so? this means finland will allow software piracy. if this is a right? then the ISP's cant cancel net access upon complains from authorities, but i guess they will still get sued or penalised.
and in india? 64 kbps is still a luxuary, so we are miles of light year away from something like this. we got only 3% it literate of all computer users, and 2% of country's population got computer of decent computation speed and 0.003% genuine software, and 0.0005% open source enthusiast.
i got a decent 2mbps conn, and to compile lfs and build binaries from source i dont need much, and hell i download max 8-10 gb a month and i got 100 GB fair usage limit from airtel.
so 1 mbps compulsory? in india? its a great divide by 0. forget it. move on.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
so? this means finland will allow software piracy. if this is a right?
there is no way you could conclude that...a higher speed/bandwidth doesn't mean it is there only to download pirated s/w...

and in india? 64 kbps is still a luxuary, so we are miles of light year away from something like this.
64kbps a luxury!!! I dnt think so...even an average computer user has a 256kbps....do you know anyone around you who uses dial-up? I dont...

we got only 3% it literate of all computer users, and 2% of country's population got computer of decent computation speed and 0.003% genuine software, and 0.0005% open source enthusiast.
I am sure these are just metaphoric....and bear no resemblance with reality!

i got a decent 2mbps conn, and to compile lfs and build binaries from source i dont need much, and hell i download max 8-10 gb a month and i got 100 GB fair usage limit from airtel.

now you are bragging....or just being plain tool...

duh

Broken In
>>
there is no way you could conclude that...a higher speed/bandwidth doesn't mean it is there only to download pirated s/w... <<

most of the desktops/macs/pcs are used for trading bits, i.e. 1&0, so if you download something via torrent and seed it? its still 0&1, am i right? so viz. you may have a legit M$ or @pple device, but you download a softie and you need a key and you dont want to buy and get a crack and activate it. and then either seed it or share it via p2p with a global share folder. now will it be called piracy? as an open source fellow, i neither condone nor advocate piracy. what more can i say other than YMMV (your mileage may vary).

>>64kbps a luxury!!! I dnt think so...even an average computer user has a 256kbps....do you know anyone around you who uses dial-up? I dont...<<
if i said 64 kbps i am extremely sorry, people in india including metros still dont have the decent 256 kbps broadband, as per DOT guidelines, its broadband only if its 256 (needless to say forget compulsory for all citizens and aliens in india). so we have a bandwidth budget deficit, we are laying more under sea cables and yet no damn. and then again sify still offers 64kbps and 128kbps internet which they overprice and boldly and proudly say broadband. correct me if i am wrong, as this is what sify did till 6 months back, their sales reps used to nag the f$ck out of my b@ll$. so i gave one exception to your conception. once again, YMMV.

>>I am sure these are just metaphoric....and bear no resemblance with reality!<<
have you left the urban india? and ask in rural india what is what? leaving a few countable rural areas, IT penetration is null, people still shy away from IT, i am speaking of XP starter pack, let go win2k8r2 or linux or bsd. penetration is damn low. if no then why will M$ offer indian community SW @ lesser rate? profit is left aside its the penetration. and how much our own BOSSLinux did may i know? i am an indian, and i dont use bosslinux i use debian. so 2x i said before YMMV, this is the 3rd time, YMMV.

>>now you are bragging....or just being plain tool...
<<
no i am not, i feel under fed, for me speed is more important and also traffic, since i belong to the greedy community and not the needy underfed and mal-IT-nourished? i need more. need for more speed and more traffic. once again YMMV.

now here is a small think tool, since this is thinkdigit, here is my idea, in india we are getting 3g from sept (hopefully), 3g means good bandwidth, so do you expect people who use their mobile to just send and receive sms and watch p0rn on mobile will benefit in anyway with high speed mobile broadband, which this technology is 10 year old, it came to japan in 2001 (officially released), and in india its yet to roll out. and have you checked the ludacris and laudable traffic usage of the existing 3g providers? its like we will give you butter but we will take your bread along with the butter away.
you get 1 gb traffic on 3.1 mbps 3g traffic? is this is a joke. WTF!
yeah a serious WTF. so i said i am lucky and i am greedy as well, i got 2 mbps (w/ burst) speed and i never cross more than 20 gig a month as download, but i still need moreeeee.

expecting more flames. ;-) and i am ready to bite the flames. thanks
-paul

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
why people can't think beyond only pr0n or piracy - pity upon online multiplayer gamers - they also requires a lot for gaming and updating their games with the latest patches.

DOT should re-define 1 mbps minimum instead of 26kbps as wired broadband connection in it's guidelines and speed from 256 kbps to 512 kbps should be mid band and any speed below than 256 kbps should be called narrow-band :p

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehehe just like broad gauge and narrow gauge rail lines... :p
very innovative...

sorry paul...maybe I got a bit emotional there and over-reacted...I am sorry again...no flaming from my side ever again....but I just can't control myself when someone says something against my country..

Top Bottom