1.5 yrs of data lost??

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Hi all,

I have a 1 TB WD external harddisk(My Passport).
Yesterday I tried to connect it to my system and to my horror, it didn't showed in the My Computers where all the drives are shown.
I tried many times and after a while it started showing there.

digit4.jpg

But now the problem is that whenever I am trying to copy the content of the harddisk it freezes and becomes non-responsive.

digit2.jpg

In the 'disk management' it shows that the partition is healthy :

digit3.jpg

So, is there a way that I can recover the data from the hdd.

Thanks

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try on another system(preferably a laptop).maybe issue is with insufficient power.anyway whenever it gets detected install crystaldisk info & use it to check hdd health & post a screenshot of S.M.A.R.T values table here.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Try Recuva.

But, try copying less amount of data at a time i.e 5GB at max. Would be time consuming but would ensure DATA recovery. Later format the HDD.
After format there is every chance it would go kaput, if not try copying large chunk of data to it (~30GB), see if PC hangs. If PC hangs then replace the HDD.

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
try on another system(preferably a laptop).maybe issue is with insufficient power.anyway whenever it gets detected install crystaldisk info & use it to check hdd health & post a screenshot of S.M.A.R.T values table here.

Hi whitestar thanks for the quick reply,

here is the screen shot.

smart.jpg

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman

Hi whitestar thanks for the quick repl,

here is the screen shot.

View attachment 8272

@Ritwick

I already tried Recuva it is taking enormous amount of time just to scan a folder for just video files so, I always cancel the process and the system freezes...

@ Pratyush

Haven't tried Easeus but would surely do...

Thanks

RED ALERT!!!!!! Backup your drive ASAP.....

Backup your backup drives ASAP :p ;) :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1B pending sectors means 27 in normal decimal system.though it is not such a large value still it is worrisome.try writing something to disk & if it completes successfully check if this value changes.if it does again post the screenshot.

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Update:

Its like a 'jadoo' , but I don't know how my HDD started working again and I immediately backed it up, in case ;), Thank you guys for all your help :D .

Regards

tkin

Back to school!!
Always take backups, my HDD is failing, and I have two set of backups, yes, I keep a backup of backup :D
*i.imgur.com/uJ9Tf.jpg

Top Bottom