► Guys my WINDOWS PC is restarting with repair tools. Please help me! Its urgent ◄

rawgeek

Broken In
does it say so on a back screen?After or before windows logo?

what does "can hiren boot solve any problem?" mean?

I guess there can be 2 ways from here.
But first go back to WINRE and run x:\sources\startrep.exe again and check if it works this time.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
does it say so on a back screen?After or before windows logo?

what does "can hiren boot solve any problem?" mean?

I guess there can be 2 ways from here.
But first go back to WINRE and run x:\sources\startrep.exe again and check if it works this time.

not showing any windows logo. Even f8 also not working. And i'm asking i've HIREN BOOT CD with GUI interface it has windows xp mini. I can access anything like windows, so i can change any file or rename easily with mouse.

what is winRE?

rawgeek

Broken In
If you can do it from that live env then try this,or else do it from WIN RE:

bcdboot c:\windows /s c:
(This is assuming C: is the boot drive).

I must caution you that at least in WINRE there is a change in drive letters.Make sure that the present "C" is the one where your OS is installed.You can use "dir" command to check the directory structure.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
now i'll do tomorrow, feeling to sleep. In case if it wont work, then just tell me what file i need to restore for firefox, chrome, office, idm, utorrent, networx! I don't wanna loose saved password, bookmark, old windows settings and tweaks. :(

I must caution you that at least in WINRE there is a change in drive letters.Make sure that the present "C" is the one where your OS is installed.You can use "dir" command to check the directory structure.

i already assumed it, it showing D drive. I did each step according to you. But now bootloader is missing error in diagnosis report under Startup Repair. :(

^ i've exam today, will repair tonight. And then i'll report you guys.!!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
take a look here at mine & neuron's posts:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/152693-windows-7-bootmgr.html

btw were you using any windows 7 loader crack,if no then ignore.

for backups,firefox-->save C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Mozilla
networx-->C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect
utorrent-->C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
chrome(not sure about history)-->C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\
idm-->save idm folder in program files(won't save currently paused downloads)
office-->depends on version & more time consuming.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
take a look here at mine & neuron's posts:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/152693-windows-7-bootmgr.html

btw were you using any windows 7 loader crack,if no then ignore.

for backups,firefox-->save C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Mozilla
networx-->C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect
utorrent-->C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent
chrome(not sure about history)-->C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\
idm-->save idm folder in program files(won't save currently paused downloads)
office-->depends on version & more time consuming.
ya bro, my win7 was cracked one with some loader installed. But its been one year it was running fine, but suddenly stopped working

did what u said, but stil i'm getting winload.exe problem. But under diagnosis no error

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
win 7 loader install in a space just before the original boot loader so as to bypass any windows check.i think because of sudden improper shutdown this boot sector space got corrupted & because of this you are in an infinite restarting loop because windows can not find its original boot loader as boot sector has been modified.did you take a look at the thread i mentioned?use my posts in that thread to confirm which drive is active & use neuron's post to write a new mbr in the boot sector.

also take a look here for winload.exe error:
*social.technet.microsoft.com/forum.../thread/c99dc573-6842-4e28-8ec0-a63c61495308/

Last edited:

Neuron

Electronic.
I don't think re-writing the MBR will fix his looped recovery problem.However you will have to do this now since the bootloader got messed up.

@kool:Fix the winload.exe problem.In post #6 you said you can't boot into safe mode.I don't think that's true.Repeatedly press F8 after turning on your PC.You'll get a screen like this.Select safe mode from the list and see if you can boot up.
*i.imgur.com/wERjv.png

Last edited:

Neuron

Electronic.
now i give up, going to install clean windows! :(

Booting into safe mode will provide you with the option to upgrade your windows 7 installation.That way you will get your old windows 7 back.But anyway,it's your call.

rawgeek

Broken In
@Neuron I suggested to recreate MBR as a backup copy of MBR[which is in the first sector of the disk] is always kept in the last sector.....I have seen it occur a lot in vista+ systems....and in such situations /scanos will always give you "zero"It should not mess up winloader

@Kool I think that will be best given the we have tried so much on this.Unfortunate ,however the best option at this time.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MBR is merely a pointer to the code to be executed which in windows 7 case is bootmgr.one can simply use bootsect command to rewrite mbr & then diskpart to confirm windows installation drive is set as active.once this is done if still there is winload.exe error then it means windows is not looking for winload in its actual location.this can then be fixed by using bcdedit to set correct path to winload.exe in bcd entries.

i am assuming op/kool has given up on this & probably reinstalling windows still this is what i had in mind:
run diskpart using command prompt.type list disk.after list of disks is displayed type select disk x where x is the no. of disk on which windows in installed.after this type list partition.after list is displayed type select partition x where x is the no. of partition of your C drive.after that type list volume & a list of volumes will be displayed which should have a star in front of active drive which should be your windows drive.in my case it is volume 3 C drive it may be different for you(or even me not checked) when using cmd from bootable dvd.
*img205.imageshack.us/img205/8409/diskpart.png

now run bcdedit & you will get a screen like this.make sure that under windows boot manager correct device is selected(in my case volume3).also check that under windows boot loader path is windows\system32\winload.exe & osdevice is C.
*img718.imageshack.us/img718/2209/bcdedit1.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Top Bottom