►► is it worth to buy "MICROMAX A100" for 10k or should i wait for any other ANDROID mobile?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
the mobile store, Patna

Well.. its not available in Delhi. :(
Anyway, I think I will have to recommend Sony Xperia U to a friend which is available on very low price due to offer from Home Shop 18.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Well.. its not available in Delhi. :(
Anyway, I think I will have to recommend Sony Xperia U to a friend which is available on very low price due to offer from Home Shop 18.
from 20th sept, new stock are coming. ;)

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
i read one guy said on flipkart.com that new stock will come. And micromax didn't expect that this handset has huge demand in market.

digitalkerala

Broken In
Both micro-max A100 & A90 have created a huge demand than they might have expected & mostly all vendors are running out of stock at this moment. One of my friend said, companies like Karbonn, Spice & Micromax purchases re branded phones from china in volume of 50,000 or 100,000 units & their technical team customize the firmware & once ready, they announce via press, then do launching event & start their sales (Also forget their after sales support , hehe :p ). Perhaps, micromax haven't expected such demand with any of A90 or A100 models.

Both A90 & A100 have got good review so far inspite their average reputation. The phone is impressive for such a budget, but about 10% of buyers complain in various forums about stereo jack issues. Since Mediatek announced a week back, micromax is coming with 3 model of dual core phone, including an improved A90 & A100 (both dual core), the fact might be micromax is withdrawing the sales for A100 & A90 from both online & retail stores. Either they will dump the same A100 & A90 with same old single core processor & launch dual core with extra 2k price, or directly reintroduce the dual core version (withdrawing the existing single core version). So, let us wait & see.

Please wait for 2 or 3 weeks, or maximum of one month, it is official & confirmed that you can see atleast 2 dual core processor phones from micromax (improved A90 & A100) with most of their glitches fixed. Spice Mi500 & Karbonn A24 will also hit the shelf soon.

One month patience will definitely give you few choice of dual core 4.3+ screen phones from micromax (also from spice, karbonn ) in price bracket of 10 to 12K. The only 2 questions are will these dual core phones still have 512 MB RAM (or will they increase it to 768MB or 1GB RAM) & will micromax expand its service support.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Re: ► is it worth to buy MICROMAX A100" for 10k or should i wait for any other ANDROID mobile?

I have personally seen couple of my friends MMX mobiles failing, weird touch issues, headphone jack failing, unable to hear audio from speaker unless speakerphone is turned ON. etc etc.. its your call.

This.

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Re: ► is it worth to buy MICROMAX A100" for 10k or should i wait for any other ANDROID mobile?

I have personally seen couple of my friends MMX mobiles failing, weird touch issues, headphone jack failing, unable to hear audio from speaker unless speakerphone is turned ON. etc etc.. its your call.

Only above things by m scare2buy. But none of android device is best.,

beastrider

Broken In
I bought a MMX A100 few days back and the phone got switched off suddenly and never got back to life again..Its dead!! :D My local dealer promised me that he will replace the whole box with a new sealed box piece..I will be getting it in couple of days when the stock arrives.

It was a very good phone until it got switched off... Internet browsing is SUPERB,Video play back is good...
But lags a lot in games.Don't expect to play any high end games on this phone...I couldn't play temple run,fruit ninja......
So take your chances..

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
I bought a MMX A100 few days back and the phone got switched off suddenly and never got back to life again..Its dead!! :D My local dealer promised me that he will replace the whole box with a new sealed box piece..I will be getting it in couple of days when the stock arrives.

It was a very good phone until it got switched off... Internet browsing is SUPERB,Video play back is good...
But lags a lot in games.Don't expect to play any high end games on this phone...I couldn't play temple run,fruit ninja......
So take your chances..

i want to buy as replacement of tab. ;)

techlover

In the zone
what are the CONS of mmx a100 ? i don't know why nobody is preferring MICROMAX in this forum? But i've read good reviews on flipkart, and on gogi's blog. igyaan also.

KARBONN looks so cheap/china made
Micromax A100 has very bad speaker sound quality...not so good screen resolution ....better see Micromax A90 :)

trey

Right off the assembly line
I have been using mobile phones since last decade and a half and have enjoyed various models of several companies and in August end I opted with a lot of enthusiasm to buy Micromax A-100.
Within a few days I knew I made a wrong choice as I found that the device would hang and shutdown when ever any application for example 'Camera' was run. The phone was neither able to handle the Micro-SD card nor any application and would switch off repeatedly.
Now since 29th September it has gone to sleep for ever and it does not switch on at all.
The same has been experienced by all who so ever have bought your new models such as A-84 and A-87.
I feel very strongly that Micromax should withdraw these models from the market and honorably refund people's hard earned money ASAP.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
I have been using mobile phones since last decade and a half and have enjoyed various models of several companies and in August end I opted with a lot of enthusiasm to buy Micromax A-100.
Within a few days I knew I made a wrong choice as I found that the device would hang and shutdown when ever any application for example 'Camera' was run. The phone was neither able to handle the Micro-SD card nor any application and would switch off repeatedly.
Now since 29th September it has gone to sleep for ever and it does not switch on at all.
The same has been experienced by all who so ever have bought your new models such as A-84 and A-87.
I feel very strongly that Micromax should withdraw these models from the market and honorably refund people's hard earned money ASAP.
I m using this cellphone from last 10days, m not facing any such problem. using 2 som, AIRTEL 2G and RELIANCE 3G installed 78apps+games now. Only prob i found, sometime RAM uses 90% because of background apps. and same day my frnd also bought, he has installed only 10apps and airtel 2G, and he is damn happy with its battery & performance.

Now only i want to know how to root this mobile safely? I'm new to android. :/

tegis

Right off the assembly line
I had purchased Micromax A100 on 24.08.2012 in Chandigarh. I was happy with it even after glitches like hanging, heating, restarting since it was a 5 incher, ICS, 1GHz just for Rs. 10,000, but on 28.09.2012, when i switched on the wifi the phone restarted and stuck on boot screen and could not started again, when shown to MM S/C they told me phone is flashed/dead. I haven't found any A100 till date in the market after my purchase on subject phone. I think MM has just thrown some experimental phones in the market and used us just as guinea pig and made us spoil our hard earned money on some re-branded Chinese phone.i read in the thread that other A100 users also faced the same problem. We should ask the MM to replace our mobiles with new phones in which the subject glitches are resolved or to refund our money.

Sangram

Broken In
i have a friend who write about phones. Micromax A100 has some problems and many of the buyers are facing some problems. micromax A90 is better device but kinda costlier.

I would suggest you to buy either HTC/ SONY

Sony Xperia Tipo is decent buy under 10k

Now don''t compare it with MM A100 as it A100 looks so good on the paper

5' Vs 3.3'
5Mp vs 3.2Mp camera..

But stick to the brand name.. MM has long way to go

Top Bottom