The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sadly no. You have to manually update to v.1.35 to install 2.0.

I think, International patch will include all the languages. EFIGS, will include the update for the languages specified.

Guys is there any differnece between these two patches

witcher v2.0 international patch (900mb)
witcher v2.0 EFIGS (eng,french bla ...bla ..) (700mb)

btw is there any direct 1.0 -> 2.0 patch

unlike the above ones which are 1.35 to 2

No other way but to update the game from version 1.0 to 2.0 manually as par the official witcher site.

CdProjekt said:
How to install?
The game launcher will automatically update any new installation of the game to version 2.0. This is also true for installations previously patched to version 1.35.
Installations previously patched to version 1.1 must be updated manually to include patches 1.2 and 1.3, after which the game launcher will automatically update the game to versions 1.35 and 2.0.
Installations previously patched to version 1.2 must be updated manually to include patch 1.3, after which the game launcher will automatically update the game to versions 1.35 and 2.0.
If you encounter any difficulties while the game is updating automatically, please go to our technical support site and manually download the relevant patch(es). To patch your installed game copy, run the downloaded .exe file(s). Make sure to install the patches in the order indicated by patch numbers.
link: *www.thewitcher.com/patch2/

deepak8286

Broken In
i have few doubts playing this.....

1) Which sword is effective against humans and non humans?

2) which formula increases the damaage for witcher steel sword and long sword?

3) How to know which formula is important?

i was caught up with that 2 ghosts to find that companion in hospital.
(Walkthrough: The Witcher 2 HD - Part 16 - In the Claws of Madness - Witcher's Quest - Chapter 1 - YouTube)

Soumik99

Journeyman
I did that quest too.. during replaying.. one of the most atmosphric quests.. and the combat is pretty hard even on normal as the fight takes place in closed rooms.
Use aard(igni is also good for this) and one slash and dodge, make sure to lay a two fire traps before they appear and use rook potion etcetc for extra damage(4 more will appear later.. same slash and dodge technique). circle the room, just keep moving.
1. Steel swords for elves and humans. Silver swords for non humanoids.:)/ thats the theme of the game)
2. Rook is the most basic one that does that.
3. By looking at what they do and how hard the enemies are. :)

deepak8286

Broken In
should i use silver swords to tht ghosts?

can u tell what is those mutagens?

there are many formulas and diagrams....how do we know which are important

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
You should use Iron swords for Humanoid foes and Silver for Demonic foes. Usage of wrong materials will do very little damage to the enemies.

To prepare portions based on the formals, you need to collect the raw materials first. Which can be acquired by free roaming or by purchasing from vendors.

Soumik99

Journeyman
should i use silver swords to tht ghosts?

can u tell what is those mutagens?

there are many formulas and diagrams....how do we know which are important

everything(except elves) that don't exist in real world are killed by silver sword, so.. yes.
choose a certain skill-path you like(you must play the game at least two times)
and spend there.
xD mutagens are certain stuff that can be used while you level up and unlock a certain skill..(though it does not effect that skill), it grants passive stat improvement(health, damage,crtitcal chance etc).

Vladimir

Broken In
right click the game .exe file & select properties tab..
check the version tab (in windows XP).
There is no version tab here. I have XP(SP3).Any other method?
Also is it possible to make different profiles in witcher 2? Me & my brother both want to play.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I had bought The Witcher: EE a couple of months back. Recently I tried to play it but found it to be absolutely lame. Played it for about half an hour and just hated the sword fights. It was clunky.

Lord073

Journeyman
^^Yes, the combat system does feel a bit weird at first, but you'll get used to it as you progress through the game. I'm also playing it right now and I'm in chapter 3. If you really like RPG's then continue playing the game for you'll soon find yourself playing for just the sake of the immersive storyline this game has and you'll totally forget about the defective combat system.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
Playing the Witcher 2 is an experience of a lifetime..it is not the run of a gun typical hack and slash ala DA2..needs adapting..and needs some strategy..in hard mode...swordplay does not suffice, trust me...u need to level up intelligiently..invest in signs...try getting to heliotrope (group finisher) and +200 dodge (i dont remebr the name of the ability)as soon as possible..once the dodge ability is unlocked, sword play becomes interesting...trapping oponents in Yrden and then flanking them to backstab:))..and yes..Quen is your best friend :mrgreen:..and nothing brings down bosses more quickly than daggers...
Dont give up..this is an unprecedented RPG..in terms of story, gameplay and execution....and if nothing the love scene by the elven ruins makes up for all flaws <sigh>:oops:

Alok

Adventurer
Started Witcher 2 , i accidently made a "cinematic kill". I can't figured how i did. Anyone tell me ? Is is something to do with bombs. Cause when it happened i used a bomb.

Alok

Adventurer
Its a finisher move, i googled. I found it occurs when we attack stun enemy. I'll try at night to find the exact thing.

Top Bottom