The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Can I play TW2 directly without playin TW1?I mean any dependency between two games?

Btw Witcher 2 v2.0 will release in sep 2011 for PC with optimizations

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Yes u can play. The combat system in Witcher 1 is much complex.

But, TW1 is a must play. It had such a beautiful story with hauningly beautiful background score.

gameranand

Living to Play
Can I play TW2 directly without playin TW1?I mean any dependency between two games?

Yes you can but if you have played and completed Witcher 1 then the game will be more entertaining because of the characters from old games, story linking, and all that.
Wither 1 is a must play IMO. Real nice RPG.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Guys I'm Stuck in this game.. Can't get past a point where I have to capture a ballista in the start of the game.......Can someone explain how the fighting mechanism works.. :???:

axes2t2

I am a cat
Guys I'm Stuck in this game.. Can't get past a point where I have to capture a ballista in the start of the game.......Can someone explain how the fighting mechanism works.. :???:

I think you have to bribe a prostitute in that area to distract "that" guard.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Go to a prostitute near by. Hire her. But don't do her. Instead... tell her to do that guard. You will be good to go. :)

Soumik99

Journeyman
I think he means the tutorial ballista, not the loredo ballista... the fighting is tough but very fluid, keep dodging and landing one or two attacks and also use aard as much as u can so that there is a chance the enemy gets stunned(for a limited amount of time about 3 secs or so) and then killed with one instant hit. I think aard should be upgraded quickly when u get the points...
btw i just found out a quest a couple of days before that i had never done on my previous playthrough , its called "In the claws of madness". Cedric offers this quest or u can get it while just wandering in the forest. The quest is haunting and with really tough fighting (in closed rooms)... loved it... has anyone played it? it is a very nice quest.

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Yea I mean the one mentioned by Soumik99.... :p Thats why I was wondering where to find a prostitute. Thanks for the suggestion. Will try again.

Soumik99

Journeyman

Really? What the hell is wrong with cd projekt.. first the enhanced edition and now v2? Can't they do everything at the time of release or by some patches(which optimizes the game gfx besides gameplay and quests)? I hope they give it to the people who bought witcher 2 for free... otherwise I am not game..

There is nothing wrong with CD Projekt. Whats wrong with enhancing a game they released a few months back? This is attract new customers and enrich the gameplay of the players who already own it. And mind you, CD Projekt will charge you again( or extra bucks) for the enhanced edition/v2.0 and other dlc stuff after you buy their game. :) I love them. :D

Soumik99

Journeyman
The version 2.0 is not a separate pack like the enhanced witcher 1 was..(yes!) and you can download the patch for free which will upgrade your game to v2 adding arena mode, dark difficulty, etc.

gameranand

Living to Play
Welk CD Projekt is still much much better than EA who gives some shitty items and that too not free at all. CD Projekt is improving their game and giving stuff for free. :D:D

Soumik99

Journeyman
Indeed. CD Projekt are the best pc devs around along with valve and blizzard.
By the way, I think Poland has a good history with role-playing games(just discovered the fact today).
Polish role-playing games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just wanted to share.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
Long time since I 've visited TDF!!:) great to be back!
Well, just a food for thought and to delve deeper into the game, we all know about guides and walkthroughs on levelling up and better attributes and talents..they are but a dime and dozen all over the net..but just thought maybe we can post our own guide about how best to invest in attributes and talents..plus proper use of mutagens
As of now, the general consensus has been on investing in the Quen sign heavily, but I find doing so creates a very uni dimensional character..let us give our own inputs on giving some more variety and playing styles to choose from
1. Swordsmanship
2.Alchemy
3. Magic
Combination of 1 + 2 + 3
Any suggestions anyone?? I haven;t completed the game to add anything substantial, but am experimenting at my own leisurely pace so will be adding in my inputs soon..Hell..why in the world should I get through 1.5K so fast :-D!!!!

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Guys is there any differnece between these two patches

witcher v2.0 international patch (900mb)
witcher v2.0 EFIGS (eng,french bla ...bla ..) (700mb)

btw is there any direct 1.0 -> 2.0 patch

unlike the above ones which are 1.35 to 2

Top Bottom