The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
@ sandman 9..howz the game scaling in sli?? does turning on uber sampling butcher framerates?? seems better to wait for the updated drivers and a game patch...patience bears sweet fruits :-D! LOL LOL!

sandman9

Broken In
@ sandman 9..howz the game scaling in sli?? does turning on uber sampling butcher framerates?? seems better to wait for the updated drivers and a game patch...patience bears sweet fruits :-D! LOL LOL!
Its scaling pretty well for me with SLI ; though other SLI users are not happy with the scaling.Yes, ubersampling butchers the frame-rates ! There will definitely be more improvements once nVidia release their new drivers and game profiles near end of June. CDP are also expected to release Patch 1.3 to improve the dramatic drop in fps when 3D Vision is enabled, especially in interior environments. But I must say that the game looks even more STUNNING:shock: when 3DVision is enabled. The branches and leaves seem to pop out of the screen when Geralt moves through the forest ; but the fps drop in interiors is simply unacceptable... so for now I've disabled 3D Vision in the CP.
So yes, I agree with you; patience bears sweet fruits !
i completed chapter one with half a day too fast ! game seems very interesting

Yes, you are playing too fast ! You will almost certainly miss a lot of interesting side-quests if you do. You're not playing a First Person Shooter, you know ! Unlike most other RPGs, the side-quests here don't seem irrelevant to the main story-line, not to mention the almost endless re-playability of this wonderful game ! Even seemingly insignificant decisions can change the story-line in totally unexpected directions.... like real Life itself, wouldn't you say ?!?
Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite ! As you can see, you will require a high-end rig to bring this game to life !

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well these are news on some sites. Will give link when I'll find again. Forgot the site where I read that. Well check The Witcher community on their official site you'll get to these news. :)

sandman9

Broken In
source??
any official links

Well these are news on some sites. Will give link when I'll find again. Forgot the site where I read that. Well check The Witcher community on their official site you'll get to these news. :)

Yeah, I also read this on a few forums, especially 3D Vision forums. Nothing official about it, but it can certainly be logically expected,especially to boost sales, as nVidia has given an 'Excellent' rating for it in 3 D Vision.
Many foreign gamers swear by 3D Vision gaming and simply REFUSE to look at a game with poor 3D Vision compatibility and performance ( unlike our desi gamerz:smile:). Having experienced 3D Vision gaming they won't even think about going back to 2D gaming. I sympathize with them, even though I'm not as fanatic about 3D Vision gaming as some others !

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Its scaling pretty well for me with SLI ; though other SLI users are not happy with the scaling.Yes, ubersampling butchers the frame-rates ! There will definitely be more improvements once nVidia release their new drivers and game profiles near end of June. CDP are also expected to release Patch 1.3 to improve the dramatic drop in fps when 3D Vision is enabled, especially in interior environments. But I must say that the game looks even more STUNNING:shock: when 3DVision is enabled. The branches and leaves seem to pop out of the screen when Geralt moves through the forest ; but the fps drop in interiors is simply unacceptable... so for now I've disabled 3D Vision in the CP.
So yes, I agree with you; patience bears sweet fruits !

Yes, you are playing too fast ! You will almost certainly miss a lot of interesting side-quests if you do. You're not playing a First Person Shooter, you know ! Unlike most other RPGs, the side-quests here don't seem irrelevant to the main story-line, not to mention the almost endless re-playability of this wonderful game ! Even seemingly insignificant decisions can change the story-line in totally unexpected directions.... like real Life itself, wouldn't you say ?!?
Here are a few screenshots to whet your appetite ! As you can see, you will require a high-end rig to bring this game to life !

Ur magic bar is big i have only 3 slots oh god , , wat is that thunder symbol bar !

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ It depends on the progression of your character. I only had 4 magic slots by the end of the game. But, maxed the Swordplay tree.

Lord073

Journeyman
Just started The Witcher 2 yesterday and it seems to me that the game is running a little slower than I expected. I'm running it at the 'High spec' configuration set with 'Vertical Sync disabled' @1600*900 and I'm getting around '25 FPS' all the time. Is it OK or should I expect more from my system :?:

My system specs are given below in my siggy...

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
Just Check this review:- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings GPU & CPU Performance - TechSpot Reviews

Your performance with the GTS 450 is just fine.....

Lord073

Journeyman
Just Check this review:- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings GPU & CPU Performance - TechSpot Reviews

Your performance with the GTS 450 is just fine.....
That was informative...Gives me peace of mind...Thanks a lot :razz:

BTW I finished the prologue. I haven't played Witcher but the prologue gave me a fair idea about what happened in the first game. Also it was a bit difficult for me as I'm not used to the combat system and it's kinda frustrating experience for me :x...But the game is awesome...very addictive :razz:

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Just started Witcher2. Now into Chapter 3 (I guess) i.e. the village where Geralt saves Dandelion from hanging.

Question is that, why can't I upgrade my magic, alchemy and sword fight abilities? I could only upgrade the Witcher training section only...

BTW I finished the prologue. I haven't played Witcher but the prologue gave me a fair idea about what happened in the first game. Also it was a bit difficult for me as I'm not used to the combat system and it's kinda frustrating experience for me :x...But the game is awesome...very addictive :razz:

I played Witcher 1 and let me tell you, the combat in Witcher 1 was far more tough. Witcher 2 combat is easy and the camera angle is fixed at least now. But I would still love the camera angles of Witcher 1, makes combats easy. TPS view is not for this game, at least not always...

Top Bottom