The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

saddy

Broken In
Just started Witcher2. Now into Chapter 3 (I guess) i.e. the village where Geralt saves Dandelion from hanging.

Question is that, why can't I upgrade my magic, alchemy and sword fight abilities? I could only upgrade the Witcher training section only...

I played Witcher 1 and let me tell you, the combat in Witcher 1 was far more tough. Witcher 2 combat is easy and the camera angle is fixed at least now. But I would still love the camera angles of Witcher 1, makes combats easy. TPS view is not for this game, at least not always...

well for ur kind info...u r not in chapter 3..u r at the very beginning of chapter 1 where u have save danelion and zoltan from hanging.GO to the guard standing near the platfrom and start the conversation with him auguring y they r 2 be hanged ... n then u have interrupt the execution.u have to then engage him him in fist fight, first with the main guard then with the executioner himself.... and about the locked skill well u wont have access to them at very beginning untill u have put single points in each training skill tree.i.e u have reach lvl 5 to unlock other trees.

combat in witcher 1 was timing n predefined styles based and here in witcher 2 its also timing and quickness based ..a little bit like batman Arkam aslylum game...free flow i mean...they have taken inspiration from that game's combat which is the best

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^well got mixed up with chapters I guess.
But my other three skill trees are locked and I'm in level 6 now.

About combat, Witcher 1 had unique but Witcher 2 kind of follows the combat of console gaming style. Button combos (I hate 'em)

Query: Arm wrestling tip anyone?

saddy

Broken In
^^ u have to put one point in each skill in Witcher training path.just put 1 point in each of these confirmed in the "Training" path: Dagger Throwing, Fortitude, Arrow Redirection, Parrying, Hardiness, and Vigor Regeneration. u can also mutant two skill in that path .then u will unlock other paths as i have seen.I wasnt sure at want lvl they unlock but after i place single point in all of these only then my other paths such as swordsmanship, alchemy and magic path unlocked..try to do side quest first.they offer good source of xp and orens . Get them from notice broad beside the inn.
About arm wrestling first u have to it with zoltan.try to keep the arm icon in yellow zone .BTW i found fist fight fun n challaging rather than arm wreslting nd poker.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^^ u have to put one point in each skill in Witcher training path.just put 1 point in each of these confirmed in the "Training" path: Dagger Throwing, Fortitude, Arrow Redirection, Parrying, Hardiness, and Vigor Regeneration. u can also mutant two skill in that path .then u will unlock other paths as i have seen.I wasnt sure at want lvl they unlock but after i place single point in all of these only then my other paths such as swordsmanship, alchemy and magic path unlocked..try to do side quest first.they offer good source of xp and orens . Get them from notice broad beside the inn.
About arm wrestling first u have to it with zoltan.try to keep the arm icon in yellow zone .BTW i found fist fight fun n challaging rather than arm wreslting nd poker.

Ok, just unlocked my other paths. I had already upgraded all the points in "Witcher Trg." path, and then "Vigor Regeneration" took another upgrade to unlock other paths.

And, learned arm wrestling aftr two three tries. Fist Fighting is fun...

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Arm wrestinling was a piece of cake for me. Except for that encounter with a giant in Loc Muinne (chapter 3). I had to Intimidate him with trash talk to be able to defeat him.

Total time taken to finish Chapter 1 including all its side missions was 24hrs. Now this is awesome. :D
The longer the game lasts the better.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Where is the damn "Kyran" I'm waiting for him like two days.

Right now I'm in the Inn beside the river. A Quest item shows in the kitchen where the inn manager sits.

Help guys, do I need to talk to a particular person to bring the monster back to shore?

axes2t2

I am a cat
Where is the damn "Kyran" I'm waiting for him like two days.

Right now I'm in the Inn beside the river. A Quest item shows in the kitchen where the inn manager sits.

Help guys, do I need to talk to a particular person to bring the monster back to shore?

You have to go talk to the sorceress Shile.

And am I the only one who didn't fight the last boss coz he gave me vodka.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
You have to go talk to the sorceress Shile.

And am I the only one who didn't fight the last boss coz he gave me vodka.

You are not alone here. Even I spared his life.

Although I backed up my saves and played the episode again.. this time, kicking his butt. I already experimented in the last chapter.. and got 4 different endings. In my first playthrough. In which I took the side of Vernon Roche.

Already started the second.. This time.. I will go with Iorveth.

^Have you read the journal? :D

Anyway, finished the game yesterday. Clocked 44 hrs in total. An epic experience.

how did you count your time? Xfire/Steam/GoG? Because, in game save files lack that counter. Which is an epic disappointment.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
At last killed Kyran after trying for two days. Damn, it has 4 tentacles and had to destroy three of them to bring it down.

Initially when the game was loading I started going on the left side. Destroyed the two there and then go to the right side. This just did not work at all for me. Then tonight started from right side. Within three tries I killed it.

A great satisfying fight.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
At last killed Kyran after trying for two days. Damn, it has 4 tentacles and had to destroy three of them to bring it down.

LOLOL i took me two tries. First I died, 2nd I figured what to do.

Top Bottom