The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

gameranand

Living to Play
vamsi said:
A friend of mine who has a 9400gt is running it. It is quite playable at Low settings.
Bro you saved my day. :)
healerneil said:
@ Masterkd..i agree, 9600 Gt is still a very good card..but Witcher 2 has been meant to be played with all frills and fancies on in the graphics section...so it would be a much better experience to wait and not rush into the game..upgrade then play..i for one am still holding on for my friend to finish playing C2 before i borrow his GTX 460 and sli my rig to play this summer scorcher so there!
Well this game can be played two or more times easily so I say play now and then play again when you upgrade. :))

sandman9

Broken In
Witcher 2 can run on a card as low as 8400 GS and it doesn't look like a slideshow.
Oh yeah ?
In case you didn't know, Minimum requirements are 8800GTX and Recommended is GTX 260.
If you like seeing blocky graphics or slideshows 8400GS is just the ticket:p

9600GT is a good card. You don't always have to play on full resolution and settings to enjoy a game.
Forgot I was on a "desi" site.... majority a bunch of penny-pinchers. No offense, but PC gamers like you would seriously be better off playing console games !
If possible, watch the game on a high-end rig running 2xSLI GTX480s or GTX580s side-by-side with a rig running on 9600GT or the like:yuck:.
You'll feel as if you are watching 2 different games.....believe you me !!
You simply won't realize what you are missing until you see it with your own eyes !

Nextworld is an awesome site. They deliver to my house within 24hours, each time.
+1.
Unfortunately, their CC informed me that due to ash clouds over Europe, delivery will take another 4-5 days !
So, I borrowed the game from a friend who's just back from the UK and MAAAN ! this game rox :shock: Getting 90-110FPS with everything on Ultra with only ubersampling turned off, after applying the 1.1 Patch. SLI working just fine ! I'll enable 3D Vision after the 1.2 patch is released. But there's really no need for it as the gfx look so real that you feel that you are part of the game !
This is the meaning of " Suspension of disbelief ".
Photorealistic graphics with an engrossing story-line..... there are so many choices to make... unbelievable... replayability is fantastic.... 16 different endings promised:shock:
Any kiddies here better not play the game, a few ...huh... scenes :oops: ( Mummy maregi:smile:)
Triss Marigold looks STUNNING in her birthday suit:!:
OK, enough typing... back to playing Witcher 2:smile:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I have been there. Running on IGP, 7200gs, 9400gs. Back then, I didn't care how good the game looks like on my PC. Infact, no one with that card will. The only thing they care about is, running it at playable Frames. So, eye candy takes a back seat here.

The fact that they own inferior graphic cards is, they very well know how the game is going to look on their rigs.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
here's some very very interesting news related to Witcher 2
Games On Net :: General News: Obama Receives Copy of Witcher 2 From Polish Prime Minister
As part of a gift package to the visiting United States President, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk handed over a copy of CDProjekt Red's latest RPG - and a collector's edition, no less!
it's immensely exciting to see that The Witcher is considered one of the country's best and most notable outputs, and that a video game of any kind would even make it into the gift basket for a visiting president

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ Wow saurav nice find on that news.

Guys here is a explanations of the improvements of Witcher 2 over the Witcher 1 and also there are screenshots showing the differences in graphics and details with different settings. And guys game looks gorgeous even on low settings and there are not many difference between all settings but the game sure looks damn good in ultra settings with sampling on. Take a look
Witcher Then and Now

masterkd

Padawan
Forgot I was on a "desi" site.... majority a bunch of penny-pinchers. No offense, but PC gamers like you would seriously be better off playing console games !
If possible, watch the game on a high-end rig running 2xSLI GTX480s or GTX580s side-by-side with a rig running on 9600GT or the like:yuck:.
You'll feel as if you are watching 2 different games.....believe you me !!
You simply won't realize what you are missing until you see it with your own eyes !

You totally deviated from the point..you forgot that i said my rig is old..and i know it is not enough to produce eye candy graphics and i know what i'm missing..else i wouldn't play this game with everything disabled @1280x800..one of my friend have 580 gtx 3-way sli and i've seen games with every details on @5760x1080..my point is to get playable framerate..and FYI you are totally right..you forgot you are on a 'desi' site!!

gameranand

Living to Play
^^ yeah I know all that just read the article I posted. And quite honestly game looks damn good even on low settings yes it does shine on Ultra settings but its not game looks ugly or bad on low and mid settings. Hell I have seen screenshots of ubersampling turned on also but I won't invest on dual card to see those details at all. :p

sandman9

Broken In
^^ yeah I know all that just read the article I posted. And quite honestly game looks damn good even on low settings yes it does shine on Ultra settings but its not game looks ugly or bad on low and mid settings. Hell I have seen screenshots of ubersampling turned on also but I won't invest on dual card to see those details at all. :p

Well, you are partly correct; I have sometimes turned on Ubersampling and while the resultant graphics ARE indeed breath-taking, the difference with it turned off isn't THAT significant ( to my eyes) to justify the heavy toll it takes on frame-rates even on a Rig like mine ! While some members here are satisfied with 20-25 fps, I certainly cannot tolerate it !
I've read on Fora frequented by many SLI users that this will change with Patch 1.2 and the next nVidia drivers and SLI profiles.

Top Bottom