Tamil Nadu and Karnataka in WW 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
^He is Prakash Rai unlike his nickname called in TN and ANDHRA as prakash raj ask any kannadiga they will let you know ! :lol:
guess what?

oh! here is wiki entry:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakash_Raj

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Dear ancientrites,

Glad to know you are from mangalore/karkala...from the Land of Tulu Kingdoms.. cannot you tell more about your land.. also Konkan side of karnataka also feel let down by their rulers in bangalore.. Also many tamilian here wrongly think Udupi peoples are kannadika.. little they know differnce between them.. i love that landscape where little boys are playing with tiny snakes without fear..The land of Queen Mangala devi is suffering now because of foolies of bangalore /mysore based politicians..

vaithy
Good. Very well written! Yet wondering the reason of such comment in this thread. :p

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^He is Prakash Rai unlike his nickname called in TN and ANDHRA as prakash raj ask any kannadiga they will let you know ! :lol:
guess what?

oh! here is wiki entry:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakash_Raj
i never would have guessed.....:shock:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
What can we actually do if not rant here. pfft..

I just hate the diversity in this country, the more religions, the more divide, the more cultures, the more mess. And who else but the very people running the country exploit it to their means.

Sometimes I wish we had some communism or dictatorship or N.Koreanism here so all the energy would be channeled in a single way for the development of the country rather than the petty quarrels inhouse.

I'm no Kannadiga nor a Tamilian, am just Indian. (well as long as I'm here)

adi007

Youngling
well a Hot thread here....
Well i'm neutral in this issue but lemme tell that the move by TN at this stage is not good...
why ..?coz they must have waited until we get a stable government here.....
they could have waited for 2 months so that we get a stable government....

They damaged property in Bangalore and Mysore belonging to Tamils. Also it seems that Tamil films running in Karnataka also been stopped. AFAIK, there's no protest in Chennai/TN regarding waters. It's only in B'lore/Mysore/Karnataka where you see protests and people indulging in damaging Tamil/public property.
I have seen in news that hotel run by kannadigas in TN was ransacked by people and they were beaten blue and black....
why i'm telling this is to show that we are also the sufferers from this war not only tamilians..

The water dispute has caused enough damage to both the Tamils as well as Kannadigas
So what i feel is that Supreme court or the President must intervene in this matter and solve this issue ASAP...

Peace :)

Last edited:
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
Dude, it's TN. We will launch whatever project we want which helps the development of our state. Why should we care abt other states? Do Karnataka govt. honour Supreme court's order? What's the use?

Peace in hell. Not surprised to see such one sided comment... Location: Hassan. :lol:

legolas

Padawan
@adi007 I thought the supreme court already gave the verdict which the kannadigas overturned??
now which supreme court do you want to go to again?

adi007

Youngling
^^
Dude, it's TN. We will launch whatever project we want which helps the development of our state. Why should we care abt other states? Do Karnataka govt. honour Supreme court's order? What's the use?

Peace in hell. Not surprised to see such one sided comment... Location: Hassan.
Well yes ...TN can... only if the river had flown completely in TN but i am afraid it's not.....

legolas

Padawan
only if the river had flown completely in TN but i am afraid it's not.....

seriously funny stuff, are you claiming the river as yours??? :D seriously? I thought we were having conversations with someone who has the ability to think and speak rationally.
Anyways, what happened to your decision from supreme court n stuffs?? ;)

adi007

Youngling
BTW here is an interesting article that i found
Cauvery Verdict- Gross Failure Of Judiciary & GOI

February 6, 2007 — ellakavi
“Mischief In Tribunal Order”

Urgent PIL, February05, 2007

Honorable President Of India Sh. APJ Abdul Kalam,
Honorable Prime Minister Of India,
Honorable Chief Justice Of India.

Subject;

“Mischief In Tribunal Order”

Petitioner;
Ravinder Singh, Inventor & Consultant, Y-77, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-16

Respected Sir,

Cauvery verdict has yet again shamed people of India in not addressing our problems in humanitarian and just manner. This reflects poorly on the caliber of our constitutional heads in not addressing the interstate issue of sharing of Cauvery water wisely and judicially in 60 years and war like situation has been created. Even reasonably good orders are scandalized by “Mischief” in judicial verdicts.

Critical Observation;

1. For sixty years riparian people of Karnataka and Kerala were prevented from using the waters generated in their rivers by TN even as their population has gone up by nearly 3.5 times. But TN government all along demanded even more waters of Ganga than consumed by Ganga Basin people unmindful of the huge cost of $150b and inefficiency/non-viability.

2. It must be emphasized that TN farmers in Cauvery basin get over 1000 mm rains compared to 500 mm for Karnataka farmers. Rain god in showering good rains already twice blesses TN. There is no obstruction and hindrance in this and efficiency is 100%. Though rains are not predicted but farmers can adjust to rains and with the assistance of tube-wells get optimum crop yield. The Tribunal award announced today is;-

[New Delhi, Feb. 5: The Cauvery Water Diputes Tribunal has announced its verdict today. As per the verdict Tamil Nadu will get 419 tmcft water and Karnataka 270 tmcft. Kerala and Puducherry will get 30 tmcft and 9 tmcft water respectively. Actual release by Karnataka to Tamil Nadu to be 192 tmcft annually. *www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/000200702051401.htm ]

3. Petitioner inventor who has studied all important documents and even studied some latest files of water use in TN, has firm belief “Mischief” of “Actual release by Karnataka to Tamil Nadu to be 192 tmcft annually” has scandalized this judgment completely. The wording of Tribunal ought to be “Entitlements Of TN and Karnataka are 419 tmcf and 270 tmcf in Cauvery River and both states should co-operate in maximizing their entitlement under the guidance of a team of independent experts.”

4. It is important for constitution heads to remember that TN in run up to this judgment was using far more waters of Cauvery than allocated presently but food production from 3% of river waters of India diverted in to Cauvery delta region is just 0.4%, a sixth of Indian food production.

It is shocking that rice production in Cauvery delta area getting most of Cauvery waters in three districts (18,19,20) Thanjavur, Thiruvarur and Nagappattinam is only 0.8 million tons less than a tenth of Punjab. Importantly TMC of water is released from Mettur Dam alone and huge inflows from intermediate basin, the food productivity is absolutely pathetic in the world considering MS Swaminathan belongs to the region that has conned India for 50 years as farming expert. Average Cauveri basin flows are 20 maf and Karnataka is able to use 4-5 maf only and water available for Cauveri Delta is more than Indus waters allocated to Punjab that produces 25 million tons of wheat and rice. It is also important to mention that these three districts get 50% of canal irrigation.

*www.tn.gov.in/deptst/tab04_06.htm

5. Cauvery dispute has restricted development of agriculture in Karnataka over 60 years and TN that has substantial access to most of Cauvery waters produces too little food in using Cauvery waters. Food production of only 0.8 million tones in using Caveri Waters against average TN requirement of 12 million tones and by global average 24 million tones approximately.

6. There is total absence of statesmanship of the parties and wisdom in humanly addressing the issue. Everything our constitutional heads need to know in resolving the cauvery issue was taught to the petitioner at age five by his grand father.

[Petitioner asked his wise grand father in 1960 during visit to his ancestral village in post wheat harvest in month of May “Why You Have Put Under Cultivation Only 20%? - He Explained In Detail The Water Resources In Persian Wheels Are Just Enough To Irrigate And Raise Crops On 20% Area In May June months Of Dry Summer, Crops On Will Be Raised On Rest Of Area Coinciding With Monsoon Rains ”. He also explained on persistent questioning how water dries up in the well and losses of water in canals go on increasing with length.”]

7. But this judgment has come at a time when global warming concerns are real and petroleum prices have shot past vegetable oil prices. Developed countries have diverted food products like corn and wheat for ethanol production and using soybean, canola and palm oil as diesel substitute. Therefore for food security it is absolutely for desirable to optimize food production and water used linked to food production.

8. Mischief in the Order like in Narmada Award where in 9 maf water is allocate to Gujarat but in other clauses Gujarat was actually allowed to use over 20 maf of water. Such kind of mischief by corrupt or incompetent judges leads to over designing waste of resources, future conflicts and eventually wastes of resources, conflicts and mismanagement.

Interim Remedy;

Based On My Understanding Of The Cauvery Dispute modifying just two line will substantially correct the deficiencies in present Tribunal Award;

A. “Actual release by Karnataka to Tamil Nadu to be 192 tmcft annually” be replaced by

— “Actual release by Karnataka to Tamil Nadu to be 192 tmcft in normal year, lesser when TN gets more than 419 tmcf of water in above average rainy season and more when Karnataka has excess to spare in above average rainy season.”

B. Both states are situated on Indian coastline therefore get substantial rains many times in a short period and in many years get up to 150% of normal rain but not enough storages to capture most of this water.

— “All Cauvery Basin states are permitted to raise storages to 60% of the inflows in the catchments of the future dams.”

Conclusions;

C. Productivity linked water use policy is essential to double the food production to achieve world average food production. (Food-grains consumption of 300 gms/day) It will not be long before more responsible government in near future may introduce improved water policy.

D. The Cauvery Tribunal has wrongly restrained upper basin states from optimally using their riparian waters.

E. Function of Judiciary under the constitution is to ensure equitable, productive and judicial use of river waters, which is partly addressed by modifying just one line deleting the mischief.

F. Though the figure of water release mandated for Karnataka is 192 tmcf against 205 tmcf previously but average releases at Stanley reservoir were 330 tmcf. Thus by the time new policy is introduced Karnataka will use 138 tmcf more water and TN shall get 13 tmcf less.

G. TN is overjoyed in getting 192 tmcf and Karnataka should be able to do that.

Thank you,

(Ravinder Singh)
Petitioner

Source: *ellakavi.wordpress.com/2007/02/06/cauvery-verdict-gross-failure-of-judiciary-goi/

^ ^ now seriously, are you claiming the river as yours??? seriously? I thought we were having conversations with someone who has the ability to think and speak rationally.
seriously funny stuff... "only if the river had flown completely" :D
Anyways, what happened to your decision from supreme court n stuffs?? ;)
no i am saying that the river belongs to states not a single state...

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
^I saw Udaya Varthegalu(I can understand) and the news is only about how karnataka suffers and how karunanidhi asked Maafi/Mannippu to SM krishna(the Vig wala old ka CM ;) ) .no video of what destructions happened in Blore etc.

There are press sammelan where SM Krishna and Janardhana poojari are mud slapping each other reg Hoganekkal.

It is true that the media there(even SUN's) kept mum on what is happening.
I think there will be very serious regional problem if this problem is not solved asap.
(ofcourse karnataka is wrong).

I think Kannadigas are NOT so peace-loving against what I thought :D

and the mysore area is the most angered area reg this issue.

at the same time,I know the arrogant politicians in TN who are against building new dam in Mullaperiyar(4 districts will be blown off if Idukki dam bursts and old mullaperiyar dam's water when burst will destroy Idukki dam,india's 2nd largest dam),
KA not giving deserved kaveri waters to Sultan Batheri in wayanad district.
all sucks!

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
@adi

adi dude if you are quoting such a long article atleast quote from an unbiased source... plz

see the about page of the blog that is being quoted *ellakavi.wordpress.com/about/ it belongs to some kannada organisation

and the petition that you quoted is just plain stupid... where is the place for rain gods, global warming, international petroluem prices, ethanol production, name calling the judges as corrupt incompetent and the provisions as mischief etc etc in this cauveri water dispute :confused:

the critical observation does not quote any source for the facts given...

the whole petition is like a child whining and complaining when asked to share a candy with his neighbour....

_

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
@adi

adi dude if you are quoting such a long article atleast quote from an unbiased source... plz

see the about page of the blog that is being quoted *ellakavi.wordpress.com/about/

_

i know that.... but see his facts....the points he emphasis...

legolas

Padawan
I thought the supreme court's verdict is supposed to have more analysis and emphasis than a literal kannadiga fanatic!!
again, you need not answer that and can nix aside!! ;)

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
i know that.... but see his facts....the points he emphasis...
dont drink the kool aid :D

they are not facts.. its his critical observation on facts that he doesnt even quote the source for... and is basing the foundation on his personal experience with his grand father which I think is pretty imaginary :p

facts, observation, inference, judgement.... 4 are totally different ;)

p.s. by 'his' I mean the petitioner

_

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Well yes ...TN can... only if the river had flown completely in TN but i am afraid it's not.....
Should have posted a disclaimer... kids shouldn't be allowed to post here. :p

Rivers are national property. Kaveri belongs to TN as much as it belongs to Karnataka.

Supreme Court has no effect on Karnataka. SM Krishna was pulled up by the SC for contempt for not honouring it's order. Getting scared, he released water to TN with protects of Karnataka farmers. Even at that time, the water was less than what the SC had ordered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom