Tamil Nadu and Karnataka in WW 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
but, i just have 1 question, do the kannadigas pay tamil nadu for electricity?? i am from tamil nadu (not so into these politics, sorry), but a friend of mine from bangalore told me that karnataka pays for getting electric power from tamil nadu...?
They pay but not to TN Govt. They get power from Neyveli Lignite Power Corporation, a govt. of India undertaking; which is of course, situated in Neyveli, Tamil Nadu.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I'm a kannadiga and i dont want to comment much on the topic. There are a lot of jobless people here who pass time in violence and unwanted matters.

Regionalism sucks. Regionalism isn't good for the overall growth of the country. Our politicians are not concerned about developing the country. Only thing they are interested is in filling their pockets.

ancientrites

In the zone
MetalheadGautham

yeah bro... you are rite. remember that Dr.raj kumar funeral violence.the police were beaten up by mobs just because raj kumar died.laghing my ass off.
i feel really sorry for water dispute i believe in future as tchnology grows by the grace of God these disputes will come to an end after all everything must come to an end and drgrudge you better watch your mouth not all politician are bad infact your politicians are even worst with no brains.Just look at karunanidhi (spell wrong) the way he was humiliated carried off by police which was aired on all tv news channels.the way he shouted,cried.that is worst thing that could ever happened in INDIAN HISTORY.
Speaking about your trip thats your wish. 99% foreigners never miss karnataka.for all those singles in life and you wanna get good life partners,dates, and it is bangalore with guaranteed.

legolas

Padawan
drgrudge you better watch your mouth not all politician are bad infact your politicians are even worst with no brains.Just look at karunanidhi (spell wrong) the way he was humiliated carried off by police which was aired on all tv news channels.the way he shouted,cried.that is worst thing that could ever happened in INDIAN HISTORY.
I don't understand how this is the worst thing, when people in Rajya Sabha (I suppose) were fighting literally with each other and throwing slippers, mic !! :D Anybody shouts when they are being arrested against their will and with no warrant! :D But yes, he used it as a publicity stunt. its the worst?? come on!! we aren't 7th std kids.
for all those singles in life and you wanna get good life partners,dates, and it is bangalore with guaranteed.
:-O Now, you are a 7th std kid. WTF are you talking? Nowhere else its guaranteed or what? Half or more than who are in Bangalore are not from karnataka owing to IT industries. This is crap. Don't say something just for the sake of saying. I am really sorry if this is what you have to say to hail karnataka.. Even I can say better!!

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

for all those singles in life and you wanna get good life partners,dates, and it is bangalore with guaranteed.
I don't want my spouse who smokes, who 'cheats me', etc... I prefer homely and traditional girl. 'Dates', what's that supposed to mean?

What I wrote was a stupid rant but what you seem to be a ..... <snipped>. How old are you?

praka123

left this forum longback
Rofl! :D but grudge many women from kerala,tn,karnataka itself who are orthodox and cultural still resides in blore JFYI.all those NI's loud mouthed and some b1tches from locality are giving that bad name hehe!

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
I don't want my spouse who smokes, who 'cheats me', etc... I prefer homely and traditional girl. 'Dates', what's that supposed to mean?

What I wrote was a stupid rant but what you seem to be a ..... <snipped>. How old are you?
hehe touché

on a second thought not all girls are bad in banglore :p :D though 'ancientrites' said it very kiddishly :lol:

_

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
Eh? Get your facts right. It's Bangalore which has been doing this for years. In fact Mumbai has followed B'lore footsteps.
perhaps i dont know the history of bangalore/karnataka politics (even though i was born in the south), but let me tell you this, the "devils" in mumbai beat the crap out of south indians way back in 1960s. what happened in February was merely a "trailer of the sequel".

Snipped from wiki : "Thackeray, then a cartoonist for the Free Press journal, initially targeted the growing number of South Indians by inflammatory slogans like "lungi hatao pungi bajao" (referring to the lungi, a Marathi word for the traditional men's dress in South India)[5], and "yendu gundu" (a derogatory description of the Dravidian languages spoken by the people from South India).[14] During this period, Shiv Sainiks launched a string of attacks on the South-Indian owned Udupi restaurants that were becoming popular in Mumbai.[13] In a similar manner, Thackeray later targeted Gujaratis, Marwaris, Biharis, and people from North Indian states like Uttar Pradesh ('UPites') through his speeches."

So you see, mumbai literally beats the crap out of the competition when it comes to petty vote bank politics and regionalism:D:mad::D. And hence i wasnt wrong in saying chennai is following in the footsteps of mumbai......

Btw i dont have anything against chennai (afterall i was born there:D)

I've been to Bangalore/Karnataka for atleast 3 times. B'Lore is just 6 hours drive from Chennai. These incidents gave an excuse for me to cancel Bangalore in our vacation itinerary.
all i am saying is you dont need to "boycott" bangalore just because there are some insensitive politicians there....... because it wont make any difference to them.......:mad:

yeah, and after ur married and settled down, you will be chased thru the streets, and threatened to be kicked out.(if ur a tamilian). LOL:D:mad::D

[well lets just place the buck on our politicians..........:D:D:D}

Last edited:

ancientrites

In the zone
legolas
hehehe... the word "GUARANTEED" i made it up myself simply because i love my state.I wish i was 7 std kid back to my young days of early 90's.if you have something to say good about your state then go ahead since it is fight thread.You said "Half or more than who are in Bangalore are not from karnataka" now thats makes karnataka something special and attractive and blessed with dont you think;)

drgrudge BIG word bastard you could have used some other WORD. politicians are politicians it is we who have voted them.better we live up with them and accept the facts if politician are to blamed we civilians have rights to be blamed equally for not voting the right politician.no doubt politicians make money but look at other angle their lives are also filled with threats,extortion.It takes;) courage to be politicians.If my politicians are corrupted i am still happy for them no matter the consequences.

To confused,i am pure karnatakan from mangalore/karkala but working in dubai

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
^ ^ ha ha. No, that makes Bangalore the place of IT and people from all over India will go there. It doesn't say squat about Karnataka. I also heard the next IT center is going to be chennai and more companies are focussing interests there. Now, should I start calling Tamilnadu special for that or what??

And reg. Politicians, you are just pep-talking. we chose them with the hope that they do good. but they betray us. and we have managed to take it under acceptable levels of hypocrisy and looting.. when its not acceptable we begin to rant and flout. its what makes us human and by the argument you go, we shouldn't have press and news papers telling the mistakes what politicians do coz we elected them!! your arguments are really funny. we elected the politicians, so whatever they do is our fault :D ha ha anyways, i hope this doesn't go off-topic as many other threads. stay on topic, i am your teacher! ;) he he

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^ ^ ha ha. No, that makes Bangalore the place of IT and people from all over India will go there. It doesn't say squat about Karnataka.

+1, The only reason that Bangalore is so famous and people of so many states stay there.
Infact, One could say that Bangalore is what it is today only because of the IT companies.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

legolas -
Rest assured that this thread will not stray on off topic grounds when I'm watching. ;)

Why get Chennai Vs Bangalore again? To hell with it. This time I feel some people have crossed the lakshman rekha.

praka123

left this forum longback
I had read in some blogs where Blore should be under cetral gov administration(UT) rather than under karnataka gov.
coz,the population of native kannadigas are low in blore(30%?) :D
hey!this is not my idea.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
^^we should be happy, that atleast is the politicians who run the country, and not the army, like pakistan, burma, etc. being ruled by the military would be the worst case scenario.........

vaithy

In the zone
Dear ancientrites,

Glad to know you are from mangalore/karkala...from the Land of Tulu Kingdoms.. cannot you tell more about your land.. also Konkan side of karnataka also feel let down by their rulers in bangalore.. Also many tamilian here wrongly think Udupi peoples are kannadika.. little they know differnce between them.. i love that landscape where little boys are playing with tiny snakes without fear..The land of Queen Mangala devi is suffering now because of foolies of bangalore /mysore based politicians..

vaithy

legolas

Padawan
@ praka123, hahahaaaaa really? well... er.... um.... hooo.... that makes sense, doesn't it? ;)

To stay on topic, I think people are tooooo emotional regarding these circumstances that most of them who fight for it don't even know what they are fighting for and not even the actual cause and whose mistake it was/is. There is no question for rationality there!! Its just fighting like animals. And there is no use in speaking with them unless they are ready to hear.

unfortunately, this goes true for both tamilnadu and karnataka and for that matter, all of India. We are ruled by emotions mostly and while this gives us the name and fame we own, this also has debilitating effects with internal politics affecting growth substantially.

praka123

left this forum longback
well said @vaidy.
Tuluvas are very different from other vokkaliga,(Lingayaths) kannadigas of Mysoor-blore belt.
I think Malayalam is formed from Tulu and Tamil :)
Prakash Rai,Aishwarya Rai,Suniel,Shilpa Shetty's all are from Manglore I think :) they are different from Mysoor-Blore :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom