Harry Potter 7:From where r u buyin it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Damn it ! In my enthusiasm i paid 980/-Rs and bought the book from some stupid book store only to realize that other Store were giving discounts.
Though i had downloaded the book from internet ( Real Leaked ) and was about to read it on my pocket PC ( I have read a lot earlier versions and its more comfortable to me) somewhere i felt it wrong.
That was the last book and i had to pay for it ,just as my sincere thank you from the heart for such a lovely experience.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i bought it from "malayala Manorama", for 975 got "encyclopedia Britanica " cd free...

alright, i finished the book...:), 1 day full sitting....:)

tremendous, awesome , just how i liked...:), superb.

it just made up for book 6 toooo, after such sloppy story , no no i was not talking about book 6 ending , but the story in general, but any ways i am really happy for the money spend on the book...:) and ofcourse the whole series.

by the way , i got it on 21st itself...:)

Last edited:
A

ankit2007

Finally got the book from Indiaplaza! But no CD/DVD??? Did anyone get it? I am in Delhi.

P.S. I already read the book. So I am contemplating keeping it as a momentum/selling it? What say?

I tracked my book delivery on the DTDC site!!! The book was shipped on Monday, 23rd July and I got it today. So much for 'assured release day delivery' in metros!!!

Culprit : Indiaplaza
Crime : False hopes, lies!
Punishment : Won't buy again!!!

"Booked by: PRAKASH BOOK DEPOT, DELHI On: Monday, July 23, 2007
No of Pieces: 1 "

P.S. DTDC is blaming the delay due to the worldwide release time???? Didn't they take that into account before promising people???

Indiaplaza/ DTDC - bunch of liars!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
ok guys...
i have a doubt plz clear it
when i ordered the book usin my dad's sbi visa card..i went to the citibank portal
chose other cards...confirmed my order..
then the page redirected me to indiaplaza.in
their they asked my username & password for logging in.i put it but then it showed some internal server error..
is this a problem..as i couldnt login for some time..
i logged in later & checked my pending orders..& their it was saying pending authorisation
after some days it changed to ready to ship
but it is the 25th now & it still says ready to ship instead of shipped :(

what to do?

i try calling them but the phone is always engaged

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^where r u from? did u try calling up any of these numbers?
Code:
Ahmedabad: Mr. Snehal Shah-  9377239393 ,
Bangalore:Mr. Sivakumar-93419 39856, 
Chennai: Mr. Chandrasekar- 9381200918, 
Cochin: Mr. Sreekumar-9387429616,
Delhi :Mr. Madhukar Puri-93509 99619, 
Hyderabad:Mr. Jairam-93924 81954, 
Kolkata:Mr. Sudipto Chakraborty-9339200741, 
Mumbai:Mr. Suri -93245 22134

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

gauravakaasid said:
^^where r u from? did u try calling up any of these numbers?
Code:
Ahmedabad: Mr. Snehal Shah-  9377239393 ,
Bangalore:Mr. Sivakumar-93419 39856, 
Chennai: Mr. Chandrasekar- 9381200918, 
Cochin: Mr. Sreekumar-9387429616,
Delhi :Mr. Madhukar Puri-93509 99619, 
Hyderabad:Mr. Jairam-93924 81954, 
Kolkata:Mr. Sudipto Chakraborty-9339200741, 
Mumbai:Mr. Suri -93245 22134
i called..they said my book has not arrived till now
can uplz clear my doubts..fisrts abt the process i posted in the previous posts
i am from ranchi

prasad_den

Padawan
^^ ssk: They don't have an entry called "Shipped".. Ready to ship is followed by Delivered.. So its really not possible to know if the item has already been shipped and is in transit or not... :D

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

here read the faq

*www.indiaplaza.in/Faqs.aspx#26

Ready to ship : We have procured the items in your order, have packed the items and will handover the consignment to our delivery partner for shipment.Please note: The status will move to "Ready to ship" immediately after authorisation for certain items that are shipped directly from our sources although they will be processed and shipped only as per the specified shipping duration mentioned against the item while placing your order.
Shipped :Your order has already been shipped out of our warehouse and is on its way to your delivery location.
Delivered : The order has already been delivered to the delivery location specified by you.

& can u plz tell me abt the internal server error is it a problem..

prasad_den

Padawan
ssk_the_gr8 said:
here read the faq

*www.indiaplaza.in/Faqs.aspx#26

Ready to ship : We have procured the items in your order, have packed the items and will handover the consignment to our delivery partner for shipment.Please note: The status will move to "Ready to ship" immediately after authorisation for certain items that are shipped directly from our sources although they will be processed and shipped only as per the specified shipping duration mentioned against the item while placing your order.
Shipped :Your order has already been shipped out of our warehouse and is on its way to your delivery location.
Delivered : The order has already been delivered to the delivery location specified by you.

& can u plz tell me abt the internal server error is it a problem..
Well.. Having been an indiaplaza customer for the past 3 yrs, I haven't seen the Shipped enry against my orders even once.. :D \As for the internal error, I don't think it matters.. Check your SBI account status online, and see if the payment has actually occurred.. If it has, then there is nothing to worry about.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Wannabe_a_techie said:
I haven't read any of the earlier books and so there's no point in reading the last one.

So I'll just wait for the movie to come out!
read the books they r much more interseting & detailed

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
ya re ur right the fun which comes out in reading a book is not there in watching movies...well but its mostly a personal choice after all.......:p :p

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^thats so nice of u. and its such a nice complement for jk rowling too, 11 years of slogging, and u reward her so nicely

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^that is again a personal choice....:)

@ssk_the_gr8.....hey dude, called up customer care? or mailed them yet? if u can call them up....blast them to smithereens :D, they had said that max its gonna take upto monday/tuesday for the books to be delivered. also, it matters if u have placed your order at the last moment or maybe about a week back. they are obviously gonna fill orders placed earlier first.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

xbonez said:
^^thats so nice of u. and its such a nice complement for jk rowling too, 11 years of slogging, and u reward her so nicely

totally agrree with u mate

gauravakaasid said:
^^that is again a personal choice....:)

@ssk_the_gr8.....hey dude, called up customer care? or mailed them yet? if u can call them up....blast them to smithereens :D, they had said that max its gonna take upto monday/tuesday for the books to be delivered. also, it matters if u have placed your order at the last moment or maybe about a week back. they are obviously gonna fill orders placed earlier first.

its no personal choice...its a downright insult to JK Rowlings hard work:mad:

i know i ordered a week ago..but come on yaar 1 hafta late nahi kar saktey hai..1-2 din chalega

i couldnt get through on the phone.. so i mailed them & blasted them to smithereens...:D

i said...that if they cant deliver in a day or so then it would be better if i canceled my order(i wud never do that though :D)
i said that i would make sure none of my friends ever buy any thin from indiaplaza:D....& if they delay any more i would sue them in consumer court:D

seems like it worked -his reply-

we would like to inform you that the ordered title " Harry Potter and the
Deathly Hallows " has been shipped out. The courier details and
consignment number will be updated shortly.

Our sincere apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to revert for further clarifications.

Warm regards,
Gautham.R
Indiaplaza.in Customer Service

Shop at: www.indiaplaza.in
Formerly www.fabmall.com
India's finest virtual supermarket(bloody hell this is a big joke:mad:)

Last edited:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
but if the book didn't get released on the day of release itself, it defeats the entire purpose of pre-ordering it.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

xbonez said:
but if the book didn't get released on the day of release itself, it defeats the entire purpose of pre-ordering it.

yup it does
this seems to be only happenin in india:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom