BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hey man u understood my question improperly

i m asking that there r two things available..

1. WLL phone handset
2. Data card having WLL no.

Both r different things
I want to ask that whether i can use WLL phone handset to use internet by activating internet service on it instead of using data card..??

I hope now u will understand my ques...

If yes wht r the details

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Both are available. You can go for any.

Both can be used to access CDMA internet - same tariff.

Difference is data card is PCMCIA based, WLL being Fixed Wireless Phone.

Both can be used to make and receive phone calls. Data card comes with an mic /headset.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Hey how is wll fixed wireless phone....it is available as mobile handset also...So if i can get a wll mobile handset free of cost then why should we waste money on data card..... As bsnl has scheme that the persons having landline bill above 400rs regularly since previous 4 months then they will get free wll mobile connection free and without any rental monthly

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
arunks said:
As bsnl has scheme that the persons having landline bill above 400rs regularly since previous 4 months then they will get free wll mobile connection free and without any rental monthly

are you sure its 400:eek:
As here is 1k bucks for avg six months

arunks

Hey here is the aks
ya we received call from bsnl and she said as ur bill is coming regularly greater than 400 for last 4 months...so u r eligible to get a free WLL phone

ok??

hey guys any one plz reply

Last edited:

arvivair

Right off the assembly line
hope bandwidth won't be better

hope bandwidth won't be better than by tata's 230kbps. i am happy with Tata man

Last edited:

sourav

In the zone
arvivair said:
hope bandwidth won't be better

hope bandwidth won't be better than by tata's 230kbps. i am happy with Tata man

first i am also using tata indicom it doesnot give 230.4 kbps they also give 115 or 144 kbps.

When u install first time u will find that only, then after u change the port where attah tat, it shows 230 kbps but it gives that same.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@sourav

The speed you mentioned is port speed. I use 2 data cards form BSNL, one from Reliance and one from Tata Indicom. Among the 2 of BSNL, one shows 230 and another 115 !

For all these CDMA based cards, max speed will be something around 115. And it mainly depends on the distance form the tower.

@Abhishek Dwivedi

You wil have to check with the nearest BSNL exachange / Commercail office. If they do not have any clue, contact the DGM at your place. Also check for BSNL WLL phones in your area. If they work with good signal strength, the data card will also work.

@arvivair

As I mentioned above, in real we will not get a speed of 230 kbps using the data card (irrespective of the service provider). The max will be something around 115.

@arunks

Read my answer, it is just above your question in this page !! I mean regarding WLL phone and data card of BSNL.

And yes, this is never an alternative to broadband. This is useful for someone whos on the move and has no other alternatives. It is better than gprs and dial-up.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
din said:
Both are available. You can go for any.

Both can be used to access CDMA internet - same tariff.

Difference is data card is PCMCIA based, WLL being Fixed Wireless Phone.

Both can be used to make and receive phone calls. Data card comes with an mic /headset.

but u r reffering WLL as being FIxes wireless phone..
what it means????"?
'
WLL is also available in the form of mobile handset...

is data cable provided to connect ot to laptop..

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
WLL - Whether its fixed wireless phone (looks like te normal phone but with an antena like Reliance / Tata etc) or it is mobile phone, will work for CDMA internet. You need a data cable in both cases. I am not sure whether BSNL provide a data cable along with WLL, but I do not think so.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Me noob at this soo dont bash me up.. Need a usb data card for surfing in hostel situated at Loni (a village 45 mins away frm Pune).. Would it work perfectly or any speed probs?? Whats the excat cost and how long it takes to get the card and stuff?

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Chirag

BSNL data card is PCMCIA based and not USB at present. Their EVDO (wireless broadband, like 2 Mbps speed theoretically) device seems to be USB based (I didn't see that in real, so I am not 100% sure).

Regarding availability and signal strength of the data card in your area, please contact the BSNL officials (exchange / commercial office / DGM).

abiswas

Right off the assembly line
Hi ,
I am from Bangalore . I have recently bought a Sony VAio laptop . It has Vista Home premimum OS.
Can any one suggest me which data card is suitable for my lappy ( for Vista Home premimum).
i also have a Hutch Connection ( GPRS enabled ) .
Actually , i wnt to use the data card for browsing and to connect my office through VPN .
IS there any one who has got any experiences working with VPN through the data card ?.
i would be appreciate if u can share ur experiences and suggest me the rite one .
Thanks in Advance,
_Amitava

Hi ,

I am from Bangalore . I have recently bought a Sony VAio laptop . It has Vista Home premimum OS.
Can any one suggest me which data card is suitable for my lappy ( for Vista Home premimum).
i also have a Hutch Connection ( GPRS enabled ) .

Actually , i wnt to use the data card for browsing and to connect my office through VPN .
IS there any one who has got any experiences working with VPN through the data card ?.

i would be appreciate if u can share ur experiences and suggest me the rite one .

Thanks in Advance,

_Amitava

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@abiswas

First whether your laptop has PCMCIA slot. You can't use the data card if it does not have.

Also, the BSNL data card is not (officially) supported on Vista. I couldn't test it in vista and I do not know about it.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
From what I heard (didn't confirm, one visitor of my website *www.bsnldatacard.com cliam he used though) - BSNL EVDO is USB based. I will try to get some info from BSNL officials.

All data cards are PCMCIA at present. Tata and Reliance has the USB modem option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom