BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@djsinging2k2

Please go through this thread from the very beginning and everything is explained.

Also, do not get confused on ICC and Broadband. Internet Connect Card which works on CDMA is NOT broadband and they are no way related too. So we can't compare their speed and tariffs.

Regarding PCMCIA - PCI card option, please read posts above, those are also explained.

speedyguy said:
@din: iv heard 1 more thing dat if we discontinue connection once we cant re-use da same data card again...do we hv 2 purchase it again everytime...n wat if i discontinue in between while renting d card

This is same for all CDMA operators for their products. Like if you pay for a data card of Reliance and you decide to discontinue, you will not get back the money you paid for card plus you can't re-activate it a later stage. so I guess the same with BSNL.

Regarding second qn - If you discontinue in between rent. I am not sure what you meant. If you decide not to use, return the card and you will get the deposit money back. And if you want it again, you will have to apply again and you may / may not get the same number (not a problem as we will be using the card mostly for internet and not for calls)

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@djsinging2k2

I request you to kindly delete the post above as it is no way related to the thread / thread discussion.

You can post such things in the general section though.

Thank you.

desai_amogh

In the zone
djsinging2k2 said:
im from pune maharashtra...

when i frikking went to the DIC.... BSNL...

bugger gave me a dumb reply said theres only 1 plan... with 256 kbps min with 900 rent for unlimited no other..

and then theres this site

*www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

if he is not ready to lisetn tell him abt the link u posted & this thread also ..

i dont get the PCMCIA funda.....
PCI card woteva ...

i mean where does it go like a old dial uip modem which ...
used to go in a PCI card slot..

dont get confused abt pci & pcmcia

pci card is like the modem u r talking abt .. here is a example & pcmcia is a kind of card which u can only insert in a laptop here is a example

now pcmcia to pci adapter is a device which converts a 'laptop only' pcmcia adapter to a pci adapter
check this link for pics

desai_amogh

In the zone
does it work on mac ??

goobimama said:
Can I use this card on my PC? Its a regular dibba....

hey gobimama did u enquire abt this in goa?? is it available in goa??

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@desai n goobi

You belongs to BSNL GOA MH-Circle ?

They received the data cards in GOA but not the software. They will get it today and check with them tomo or day after tomo.

Also, visit the un-official website - *www.bsnldatacard.com - if you didn't visit already ;)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@din
superb site there:cool:
but can make a little larger i mean font size, it difficult to read so small font

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@aks_win

I am sorry but do not know it exactly

Margao belongs to BSNL GOA MH-Circle ? If so the data cards are there and you can contact the concerned BSNL official.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
din said:
@aks_win

I am sorry but do not know it exactly

Margao belongs to BSNL GOA MH-Circle ? If so the data cards are there and you can contact the concerned BSNL official.
ok try to find more i want it desperately...thnxx

inferno

Right off the assembly line
When i connect to net everytime, does this provide a dynamic IP or a static IP?

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
:O

am realy shocked....guys when can i buy it...whats da monthly rental for NIC connection???is it 250 or 400???is it realy unlimited????

wow...

angeleyes

Broken In
I'm prolly the first user in B'lore.

So far the service is unusable, even for browsing, in my office on MG Rd. Will try later at home (Banaswadi). The activation process was cumbersome: had to interact with one Mr Kumarvel in Whitefield exchange.

The best test for speed is download. I downloaded Opera 9.5 Alpha and got an average of .3 KB/sec as compared to Airtel GPRS (2 KB/sec) and Reliance Datacard (7 KB/sec).

I am early adopter of VSNL, Iqara, Hathway, In2Cab and Airtel Broadband. Pretty disappointed so far with all the offerings.

I hope BSNL does a better job of EVDO implementation. IPTV is problematic too according to India Broadband Forum. SIGH...

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@angeleyes

I use it for quite sometime and As I mentioned before, if you are away from BSNL CDMA tower, the speed will not be good. Actually this is applicable for all Data cards.

I am using Tata, Reliance and BSNL data cards rt now. All three has towers not very far from my place and I get almost same (I mean not exactly same but no big variation) in all theree.

Info from officials - yes, not easy. Even the top officials in BSNL are not given proper training.

And never compare with any other broadband, as this will not come near broadband even with max speed. This is suitable for people who do not have any alternatives.

For speed, my max was 120kbps I think when I was very near to tower and 60 when I was away.

Josan

Gangsta
i, heard that in some cities Bsnl edge is available is this is true ,

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
i have a bad feeling about BSNL now...does unlimited means unlimited surfing or unlimited Download also....???....hmmm....and is it realy important for get Voice???...is der no way we can use without opting for voice....man 250 was so nice but 400 luks so bad.... :(

angeleyes

Broken In
Signal strength is better near my house: 5 bars. But BROWSING is impossible! Looks like 1750/= is wasted....:( (3 months rent:450/=, 3 months net charges : 750/= and 3 months voice charge : 450/= and 100/= regn charges).

Looks like BSNL and Huawei are the only beneficiaries. Am using my Reliance card (ZTE) now: it's faster than my imate phone modem (GPRS) and of course the BSNL/Huawei card.

My bad experience with Airtel broadband was the speed decreased after initial installation. Now Youtube gets buffered all the time. The whole point of broadband is lost. Switched over to datacard for simple browing and get mobility as well.

Was tempted to switch to BSNL datacard because Reliance is too costly, but that's not possible now. Our ISP's suck big time...:(

desai_amogh

In the zone
aks_win said:
mr din is that service available in Margao in Goa ??
plzz reply soon

i called bsnl call center in goa.. they say thr r only 5 WLL towers in goa. when i asked where exactly they r located.. the rep put me on hold & the call disconnected after 8 minutes.

vaithy

In the zone
Hello,
In the initial stages of WLL towers installation planned along with its GSM counterparts with sufficient coverages. But due to lack of fund, completion of many WLL tower delayed in many circles, resulting in poor services in WLL mobile coverage.. now must of the WLL towers are exit in the paper only( half completed ,non functional).. Now the datacard business may give some new life to the WLL services.. it is upto the customers to force the BSNL management.. to complete the remaining projects in time to get good coverage.

with regards,
Vaithy

vijayyy2007

Right off the assembly line
hello, i like to know , is there is any extra cost for the usage by the BSNL excluding Rs.250..?

Status
Not open for further replies.