BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
From your post itself - BSNL data card, being CDMA falls in the 32 bit category.

And yes, my PCI-to-PCMCIA adapter looks like the one in your post, but it didn't work for the BSNL card. Something with signal / pc metal body / antena I think. Tested in 3 PCs and same result, that is why I mentioned do not go for the adapter.

sourav

In the zone
then i have one more problem, as it 32 bit option is available only in last one. and i want it to connect in front panel

if anyone finds a front panel 32 bit pci to pcmcia, i would be greatfull

or else i have to go with usb option

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
...........BUMP............

Can we use EVDO for Desktop?

And what speeds will we get?

I enquired and they said EVDO is available at my place...

Please reply

sourav

In the zone
Gigacore said:
...........BUMP............

Can we use EVDO for Desktop?

And what speeds will we get?

I enquired and they said EVDO is available at my place...

Please reply

hey gigacore

can u get the specifications plz

thanks in advance

sourav

In the zone
thanks

from which company, model no., etc...... like din did

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
I bought a EVDO USB Wireless Data Terminal Today...

They said they will take 24 Hrs to activate....

I have a doubt.......... The device has a R-UIM card slot... but the R-UIM card is not provided with the device.... So i went back to BSNL office and asked... how will this work without the R-UIM card... they sai "It doesn't requires any card... Almost all the people whi purchases this will as the same thing!" So i came back home.. i installed the device... Its not yet activated...

Do we need the R-UIM card?

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Gigacore

The CDMA card was similar, I mean it has R-UIM card slot. But no R-UIM card. And it is working perfectly. So I guess it is same with the EVDO.

Also, please post your experience here after using the EVDO device ok ?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ din... thanks for that info... i was wondering how it can access the network without the R-UIM card... Ans sure i post the experience along with the images later...

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^.. guys... the internet is activated.... i can connect but i wont get much speeds coz i'm getting very low signal strength :(

Almost all the time the device searches for network.... :(

And even EVDO is not enabled in Bangalore... still we have to relay on 1x network :(

Now i'm really feeling sad... my airtel MO was better than this .

HELP ME guys

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Aaaw :( Thats really sad. You didn't check the coverage before you buy it ? ? Yes, if the coverage is not good, you will not get much speed.

Would you please post the pics / interface details (software) etc ? And did you contact the BSNL guys regarding EVDO ? Sure it is not launched yet ?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Dont buy EVDO in Bangalore now!!!!!!!!!

The interface is USB.... It is just a Credit Card Sized device... it has a rotatable antenna... it weighs around 100 gm... has a small LED

Its ZTE USB MODEM 6000 (which i've never heard of)

The EVDO is still not enabled all over the bangalore which must have offered 2.4 Mbps.. but at this moment they are still offering only 1x Network (144 Kbps) and even 1x network is not available in most of the places... I asked the BSNL customer support staff in the regarding the EVDO network... he said "We are still working on it... Till then use 1x !!!" If u are on dialup/ gprs dialup/ BB.. please dont switch to EVDO now.

EDIT: i dont have a good cam at the moment so........

[img=*img137.imageshack.us/img137/4813/crapat102920071939hi2.th.jpg]

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ i live in city outskirts.... near Jindal Nagar, Tumkur Road...

I asked the CC whether it because i'm livin in outskirts or the entire bangalore has the same network.. he said.... we dont have EVDO network yet in bangalore!

dark_king

Brain Behind Supercomp
Gigacore said:

The interface is USB.... It is just a Credit Card Sized device... it has a rotatable antenna... it weighs around 100 gm... has a small LED

Its ZTE USB MODEM 6000 (which i've never heard of)

[img=*img137.imageshack.us/img137/4813/crapat102920071939hi2.th.jpg]

the same usb 1x card is provided with reliance.
u can check that on their site
*img223.imageshack.us/img223/8719/48350553yp6.jpg*img223.imageshack.us/img223/18/18966156mp7.jpg

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ well its not actually 1x card that i have recieved from BSNL.. its EVDO... the thing is the EVDO network is not yet established. As u can see EV-DO is written in place where CDMA 1x is written on Reliance card..

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2135/1802218654_35002c7689_o.jpg
Front

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2297/1802224046_32fde955c1_o.jpg
Front

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2168/1802247190_db597f4910_o.jpg
Rear

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2388/1802234588_5fb42ab48c_o.jpg
Some size comparasion.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2156/1802221312_0c3bfe5ad5_o.jpg
The Box.. and notice the antenna..

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2108/1801404577_736b1e8a04_o.jpg
This is how it looks while its connected. Notice the small LED.. actually it blinks... Yellow Blink indicates the existance of 1x Network and Green Blink indicates EV-DO... i'm getting Yellow Blink.

And guys its actually NOT BAD!! When we connect the speed will be very less about 26 Kbps.. and as we start browsing and downloading the speed increases gradually like 56 Kbps, 80 Kbps, 100 Kbps, 115 Kbps, 138 Kbps, 140 Kbps and so on.. the max speed will be attained within 2 minutes after the connection is established. The Max speed i got this morning was 168 Kbps which is above normal.... and the speed is actually increases by itself depending on the sites we are opening .. say for example we are opening some huge sites like download.com.. if the speed was 100 Kbps it increases at about 115 - 120 Kbps and so on..

Overall if anyone is disgusted using dialup and fed up of paying huge bills i would sure recommend this little thing.. which is really some thing better then the regular download speeds.. in my case i got the mere 12 - 16 KBps from fast servers...

Still the EVDO plan from BSNL is in initial stages... so still we dont have much ads about it.. As soon as they establish more towers and implement EVDO everywhere... sure we'll be getting 2.4 Mbps.. without any doubt...

--- GIGA ---

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT www.bsnlevdoclub.com and register in the forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.