BSNL Unlimited (CDMA -144 kbps) Internet for Rs.250 Per Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I have a question here. The card is PCMCIA , where as new laptops comes with ExpressCard support which is not compatible with PCMCIA.. question is will BSNL launch ExpressCards or atleast a USB card?

Last edited:

sourav

In the zone
bsnl should launch usb cards

we can connect pcmcia cards to desktop by using a pci adapter but are there any adapter for usb??

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Charan

BSNL data card is PCMCIA type. All service providers (tata, reliance etc) has the same.

One visitor of my site *www.bsnldatacard.com claimed he got the EVDO device from BSNL. He told me it is USB type. It is not a confirmed news, I will try to get some details on that.

@sourav

There is converter for PCMCIA. I use two of those. But it may not work properly for the BSNL data card as mentioned in this thread and my website. I do not know the technical reason, but the adpater is not a good idea.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
oophs i an now fully confused,:(
1.CDMA and WLL is not the same thing, right??
2.BSNL is offering unlimited internet on CDMA and WLL both technology, right???
3.they are charging Rs.250 unlimited pm for both technology, right???
4.datacard uses CDMA technology, right??
help me out.....:(

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@Tech.Masti

1. CDMA - (Code Division Multiple Access) A method for transmitting simultaneous signals over a shared portion of the spectrum (got form google). BSNL WLL phone, data card etc work on CDMA

2. WLL - Wireless in local loop. BSNL WLL phone use CDMA technology.

3. Rs.250 is for unlimited internet. There is voice rental of Rs.150 and data card rental (optional as you can buy / rent the card) of Rs.150. So total will be Rs.550 / Rs.400.

3. The present one (BSNL data card) use CDMA. The new one will be based on EVDO which will be like wireless broadband.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, 150 voice rental is a must. Actually we can chose any voice plan but I think 150 is the min plan.

sourav

In the zone
*www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=370

Visit this to see the news on bsnl site.

It does say that the CDMA version supports PC. So, for pc it must be usb.

Does any one know that their is any adapter for pci to usb or pcmcia to usb.??

please help me searching

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@sourav

Please go through this thread from teh page 1. Everything is well explained including your adpater question. Everything is based on my experience, so you can trust.

Also visit the site - *www.bsnldatacard.com . Most are explained there too.

For your question - Neither BSNL nor the makers of card encourage the adapter method. Now, from my experienc, the PCI-PCMCIA adapter didn't work well for the BSNL data card. It is better to use the card only for laptops. BSNL site might meant the EVDO one, that may be USB. Not confirmed yet.

sourav

In the zone
thanx

i am using net through TATA Indicom's Card, USB One, That is Plug 2 Surf, It has UIM card in it. Is their any chance of getting that conncetion on this hardware. By any means.

sourav

In the zone
is there no crack for that?? there should be one. i really need that

HOPE I will get that.

Anyway thanx

One more thing did you try to connect uim card in this device, the TATA PLUG 2 SURF

Last edited:

sourav

In the zone
I have joined a community in Orkut, I asked them about the adapter to connect PCMCIA to USB.
Here goes the conversation.

۩๑۩۞ KUMAR ۞۩๑۩
Help! PCI to usb or PCMCIA to usb Adapter
Does any one know that their is any adapter for pci to usb or pcmcia to usb.??

please help me searching

As i am in great urgent to connect a PCMCIA card to PC through USB

Kannan᠌
is there any thing called PCI to USB? I haven't heard that before. But there is PCMCIA Adapter
*www.elandigitalsystems.com/usb/u111.php

۩๑۩۞ KUMAR ۞۩๑۩
there is PCMCIA adapter that can be connected to PCI port of the computer but i want to connect it through USB

Kannan᠌
ya the one i told above connect PCMCIA via USB. But i dont know where u can buy that

Hackintosh -
You get a PCI to USB card at Alfa (Irla/Parla (W))
Also try most of the shops at lamington road.

Here is the pic of that device.
*www.elandigitalsystems.com/images/u111pic.jpg

It has a list of supported wireless cards also.
The list contains Huawei cards.
Here is the link to the supported data cards list
*www.elandigitalsystems.com/support/ufaq/supportedcards.php

Here are some more pics
*www.elandigitalsystems.com/images/u111blue.jpg

*www.elandigitalsystems.com/images/u132andcards.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i am in search of usb solutions because i use my desktop and my brother uses laptop

but i now found another solution from same maker.
Twin Front Slot Universal PCI to PCMCIA Adapter: P423

it connects to pci but it is mounted on front 3.5" slot in your computer

as said in the site
The P423 allows front access to two 16-bit compliant PCMCIA slots, allowing cards to be easily and conveniently swapped-on-demand. Each slot can operate with PCMCIA cards like WiFi / 802.11b Wireless LAN, Finger Print or Flash storage cards for digital cameras or media players.

The P423 is perfect for use with Wireless cards including wireless modem cards e.g. GPRS, CDMA and the new 3G datacards.

The P423 is also ideal for using any of our range of Comms / or DAQ PC Cards on a desktop, where front access to the card and cable connection is required.

visit this to know more about this:
*www.elandigitalsystems.com/adapter/p423.php

If anyone knows where it can be found, which companies in India are making this available to us and is it able in Bhubaneswar, Orissa.

Last edited:
OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
@sourav

Thanks for the details, it really helps. I knew that usb-pcmcia exist, but never knew it is available in India and I couldn't test it too. I will ask some hardware vendor guys here in Cochin about it.

sourav

In the zone
@din
what is the difference between 16 bit PCMCIA and 32 bit CARDBUS,

out of these of what type is bsnl datacard is?

now i am not so interested in usb solution as i am with pci solution, since, it can be mounted to the front panel of desktop

one more kind was left out
here it goes
Single Front Slot + Single Rear Slot Universal PCI to PCMCIA Adapter: P416

*www.elandigitalsystems.com/images/p416_with_pastel_ripples.jpg

The P416 addresses the need to have front access to a PCMCIA slot for use with cards like Flash media, or Finger Print recognition, while also having a rear slot for cards that are less frequently swapped, like Wireless Lan or Bluetooth. The rear slot is 32-bit capable meaning it supports Cardbus cards which makes it forward compatible with some of the newer high speed Wireless Lan standards like 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g and wireless modem cards e.g. GPRS, CDMA and the new 3G datacards.

Help me! now i am getting confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom