Zone Alarm

Which is you choice

• Remove AVG and download both the ZA antivirus and Firewall.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Download zone alarm Internet security suit after removing AVG.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Hello,

I want all you guys to please advice me on something.

I was searching on the net ( zone alarm mainly) and these were the products I saw on zone alarm (ZA)

Please advice as to what combination is good

1. Keep AVG and just download the ZA firewall PROFESSIONAL not free version.

2. Remove AVG and download both the ZA antivirus and Firewall

3. Download zone alarm Internet security suit after removing AVG

Which of these options are good.

Please do let me know.

Thanks a lot

EDITED : I have now added a poll option, which I should have done earlier, but anyway its never too late.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
AVG + ZA Firewall ( Option 1 ) in my opinion
ZA firewall is the best .. other things not that great !

-----
alibi

anandk

Distinguished Member
3. remove avg. install zass. it takes care of all ur security needs.

i m freaking out on it right now !

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think the free version **** in front of pro... go for pro ........... shed out some cash or google it out :)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
No............. The free firewall is not secure enough............. Zone Alarm Pro is a lot better.............. But as you want an AV too, coz AVG su(ks, so option 3 will be the best...... ZA's AV is a lot better than that of AVG and with ZA suite you also get anti spam and anti spyware, which is constantly updated......................

If you ask about me, I use ZA Security Suite (with AV feature Off)+ Kaspersky AV............ This is the best combination....... and nothing makes you feel more secure.................... But this is too costly............. so ZA Security Suite is good enough.......... Have been using it for 1and a half yrs and quite happy with it........

And trust me AVG su(ks.. get Avast Home Edition if you prefer free AV........ It rocks

theraven

Technomancer
not much diff between pro and normal version ..
dun worry
id select the firs option
zone alarm antivirus is crap !

contrarty to popular belief that i see here ... avg is better than zap av !

sakumar79

Technomancer
I used to use Zone Alarm Personal edition. It is very good security-wise. The paid version gives you additional features (I think it has spyware blocker and popup blocker but I use Adaware and Spybot S&D for antispy and Opera for browsing) but ZA Personal is the complete Firewall.

The free firewall is secure and very good as a no-frills attached firewall.
(I currently use Kerio Personal Firewall, which is also very good).

If you are willing to shell out some bucks, perhaps going for a good combination is good. Do check out your options because you have a lot. Try out trial versions of your choices to see how they work before purchasing...

If you want free, go for AVG/ZA Personal. They are very good. I use AVG/Kerio b4 which i used AVG/ZA Personal.

Arun

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
NOD32 is an AntiVirus program by ESET, not by norton. *www.nod32.com

Its a very good AV, very good detection, and very light! Highly recomended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom