Zenith lauches Mini PC series

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Todays Hindu newspaper shows an Ad for Zenith Mini PC... The basic model has E2160 processor with ASUS motherboard, 1 GB DDR2 RAM, 160 GB HDD, DVD Writer, KB+Mouse, 19" TFT Monitor for 18,500/-... The Mini PC doesnt appear to be a competition for a macMini in terms of size but it offers much more in terms of price (macMini costs 33k minimum and comes without monitor/KB/mouse, and has 80GB HDD and combo drive, but on the plus side, it has E4300 I think instead of E2160 and comes with OS installed) Of course, Zenith and Apple are so far apart when it comes to quality...

Unfortunately, this came as ad only and I am unable to get any other source info to post here... If anyone can post source from any other site, that would be great

BTW, this was not even reflected on Zeniths website!!!

Arun

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
Yes there are... for around 23.5k, there is E6550 with G31 motherboard... And another in between also...

Arun

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm, if they can give this following config in a chasis half the size of Zebronics Cube in height within 20k for the CPU only even then it will sale like hot cakes in India.

Core 2 Duo E4500 with a Silent cooler like Cooler Master Hyper L3 or Vortex 752
Intel DG33FB motherboard.
2X1 GB RAM DDR2 800 MHz
250 GB hard disk with 16 MB Buffer
Radeon HD 3450 or GeForce 8500GT graphics card with 256 MB RAM or another further low cost model with only GMA X3500
DVD Writer
Integrated USB card reader for Memory stick or SD Cards
Provision of No Operating system or Windows Vista Home premium with Media Center Remote.
Onboard HD Audio

No keyboard, Mouse, Monitor & Speakers. User can buy there own.

I wish Zenith could relese something like this, infact i m mailing this config to them as a feed back right now.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
i should use the word BUMP....

@sakumar79..

can you take a pic of the newspaper clipping and then post it here... i wannago for a basic pc for home and i want it branded... This one appeals me....

Wonder how it actually looks... if only you could provide me with pics...

regards
bikalp

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
@bikdel, thats a two-month old ad... I have long since disposed the newspaper... Try finding out where the nearest Zenith store is and call them up and see if you can get a demo... You can locate them through *www.zenith-india.com/ZenithNetwork.aspx?flag=1 .

BTW, I purchased a unit for my office, and it is working fine so far... I will try to take a pic and post it sometime...

On a side note, Zenith also offers Smart Style PC in the 20k range - it comes with no separate cabinet, and the cpu, hdd, etc all within the monitor itself (like iMac)... See *www.tech2.com/india/news/desktop-pcs/zenith-introduces-imacstyle-pc/33541/0 for info and a photo (side view only though)...

Arun

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Zenith is one of the worst PC makers. I would rather go for assembled PC than Zenith. And damn, why is mac mini compared to Zenith's tindabba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom