Zenith Director Plus Ultra Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
Hp had only 1 model dv5-1015tx at 63k which is centrino 2 nd 9600gt but not available anywhere.
So what do u ppl suggest?
I m getting a deal at 61k for xps by a local store.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. don't buy it at local store. you may face warranty issues. I don't think there are any direct dealers for Dell laptops in India.

Order online!!!

Did you call HP and ask them if they can ship dv5-1015tx to you if you purchase online?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ correction. yes. they don't sell online.

Pre Sales queries: *h50043.www5.hp.com/formlab/en-IN/inpresales_1.aspx

connexion

Control Of Chaos
i've checked the zenith site and there too its mentioned that its got 4gb ram! and 320 gb HDD!! but i wanna know if zenith is a reliable company or not...coz u know its an Indian brand...so thats why i am also lukin into lenovo 3000 G430a with geforce 9300M GS..but this zenith one has got much better config. and also a geforce 9600M GS which would be way better than 9300...thats why i am confused b/w what to choose..plz help me out...i dont want to compromise on reliability..
just coz its a indian brand u think its not good:confused:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ It's not about Indian or foreign. It's about the quality and after sales support. companies like Dell, HP, apple etc are famous for their solid support structure. That is the reason that they are on top.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
@desiibond
I agree its not about Indian or foreign...but the thing is that the laptops sold by biggies like HP,Dell ,apple,lenovo,acer etc. also have a lot of problems...for eg. the battery of HP laptops wears out very soon,my friends got an HP laptop which he bought like a year n a half back...and his laptop's battery has totally worn out..so that he always has to use it while plugged in. I would also like to mention that Acer is the no. 2 company in laptops and u know i had sent them a mail sometime back when i wanted to enquire about their 4530 laptop..but they didnt reply for weeks!! and i jus mailed these zenith guys y'day and 2day i got a prompt reply along with the whole list of their laptops and prices...and this zenith director plus ultra as listed as having a price of 36K!(w/o tax)!! even lesser than i thought..If some company provides some high end config. at a cheaper price does that always have to mean that the product will be defective or something?!? I bet these MNCs like Dell,HP etc. always overprice their products.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ You do have a point. Okay. yes. even big companies sometimes make crap products and that why forums like this are present. To help people choose the right model. One bad apple won't mean that entire basket of apples is bad.

I had mentioned earlier that if you want to go for Indian brands, pick HCL.

and yes, if someone gives a great config for dirt cheap price, I do doubt the quality of the product.

Last edited:

connexion

Control Of Chaos
^^ You do have a point. Okay. yes. even big companies sometimes make crap products and that why forums like this are present. To help people choose the right model. One bad apple won't mean that entire basket of apples is bad.

I had mentioned earlier that if you want to go for Indian brands, pick HCL.

and yes, if someone gives a great config for dirt cheap price, I do doubt the quality of the product.

yup true that . hcl is one of the best .their customer service is just awesome. my mom works in a bank(cant tell which security reasons:p) they have hcl pc's. she tells me the customer service is the best. all the problems worked out in just 24 hours. n it also helps that i have been selected in hcl infosystems:cool:

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
If u wanna know about the service and reliability of Zenith i can just mention the following facts:
1. All laptops are ICT passed(Indian Condition Testing :D)
2. Support at 450+ locations in india
3. 24x7 ONSITE support in all metros and major cities.
4. ONSITE warranty which i think only dell provides. Btw what is the exact meaning of On-site warranty?? Is it that they replace the faulty parts then and there at their service center and one can take it away from there itself??
5. And i went to a zenith showroom in Chandigarh and saw the body of the laptop and it looked no way less than an HP or dell laptop. The build is sturdy and finish is also really good.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
17" models!!?!?!?!?! Which 17" models!??!?!
This Director Plus Ultra IS the HIGHEST model available from zenith!!!
What more do u want at 39k!??!

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
U wont believe me if i tell u that this laptop at 39k has got an Nvidia Geforce 9600M GS with 512 MB dedicated memory!!
No other company can match this config. at this price!
Go for it!

yeah, every thing looks tempting, however it has only one esata/usb port, and vista basic :confused: , so we have to buy home premium separately, did you bought it, if yes, could you upload the pics and your experience, and its only 15.4", I was looking for 17", so no 17" models are there in Zenith.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
No...its got 2 usb ports....one HDMI port too! and one port replicator..and its not that u get vista home basic with it...u can get even vista business from them..but then it'll cost a little more...and i havent bought it as yet...have plans to buy it next month...and its not quite portable if u get a 17" screen in a laptop..unless u dont want to carry it around and have it just as a desktop replacement..

I will not be carrying it, as I need to do some designing works, some times so 17" would be helpful, other wise it looks really tempting.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Im finally buyin this laptop in the coming week!
And guess wat...this laptop is now coming with the latest penryn processor P8400(2.26 ghz ,3 MB cache, 1066 Mhz FSB!!) and the rest of the same config. The price has been increased a bit..its now 44k(final inc. taxes) but im buying it thru a guy who knows me well ..and hes gonna get it for me at 41k!:D:D

Eagerly waiting for review. Till then, can you post COMPLETE specs ?
And yeah, does it come with an OS or is it Barebones ?
How many MP Camera ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom