Zenith Director Plus Ultra Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Yeah im surely gonna write the review on it whenever i get it..
Heres the final config. again
Intel C2D P8400 processor( 2.26 Ghz, 3MB cache, 1066 Mhz):D
4 gb ddr2 ram :D
Geforce 9600M GS with 512 MB dedicated:D
320 gb SATA2 Hdd:D
HDMI port
Port Replicator
15.4" WXGA screen(1280x800)
2 omni directional micorphones
2 MP Camera
Dual layer writer
But sadly its got only 2 usb ports, although u can use a USB hub if u want more USB ports..
and rest of the standard features
And in 44k final price it comes w/o OS
I also wanna ask that since i'll be using it for heavy gaming ,the laptop is bound to get hot...so will those 500 bucks cooling pads effectively cool it? I dont wanna buy more expensive cooling pads like cooler master etc. if these 500 bucks ones do the same job as effectively..

P8400 ? Aren't the P series 25 watt CPUs ? Good. Wanna see power saving with it.
But wasn't the config with T5800 for 36K ? Did you change it or something ?
I personally think 8K extra for P8400 is NOT worth the extra money.

2MP camera is better than most lappys.

What upsets me is the Screen. I was hoping to see 14.1" screen in it. I personally feel that 15.4" is both bulky and consumes higher power.

Its a great thing that it comes without OS. Nice to know that Indian Companies allow us freedom to choose our OS.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Well id like to tell u that this model was launched by zenith in dec. Then it came with T5800 processor which is quite slow in comparison to P8400. 36k wasnt the final price!! it was 39k! 36k was w/o levies,octroi,vat etc. And this new one is for 44k final so around 5k is the price difference. And P8400 is a lot better than T5800! So I think the price difference of 5k is worth it..
And about the screen..I think it may not have been 14" coz zenith considers this as a gaming laptop and these would definitely look better with a bigger screen..more emphasis would have been on this and not mobility...

P8400 is NOT a lot better than T5800 to justify its price.

1. Just 15% to 20% boost in performance.
2. Just around 30min increase in Battery life.

As for screen, if it was a gaming laptop it should have had WXGA+ (1440x900) instead of WXGA(1280x800).

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Ok agreed that P8400 is 20% better but then u can go for T5800 if its available at the distributor still, the difference b/w T5800 and P800 is around 5k..i 've checked evrywhere...so its not that zenith is earning something extra outta it...and as far as the screen is concerned...how much would u xpect in 44k man!?!? Now u want a better resolution! :D All the features provided otherwise are just mind blowing at that price...i hope u agree...

And i also plan to buy a laptop cooling pad coz the Geforce 9600M GS is surely gonna generate a lotta heat if pushed to the limits..which i am gonna do..:DI went to a shop in chandigarh 2day nd there was this 350 bucks cooling pad..with 3 cooling fans...and then there was a coolermaster cooling pad which started at around 1700-2000...so will that 350 one do the job as effectively as the cooler master one?? Obviuosly the life of the 350 one will be less than the coolermaster one..but i wanna know if it would be as effective as the higher priced one...

Last edited:
I agree. I also agree that difference b/w T5800 and P8400 is around 5K, and checked NewEgg.com for that.

But I am just pointing out this small fact because its still true that T5800 is more VFM than P8400, just as E7300 is more VFM than E8600.

Roadripper

Journeyman
Im finally buyin this laptop in the coming week!
And guess wat...this laptop is now coming with the latest penryn processor P8400(2.26 ghz ,3 MB cache, 1066 Mhz FSB!!) and the rest of the same config. The price has been increased a bit..its now 44k(final inc. taxes) but im buying it thru a guy who knows me well ..and hes gonna get it for me at 41k!:D:D

buddy even i am planning to buy man asked now and cme ..
P8400 + 4gb rams +9600M 512 and rest same .. 47k al inclusive...:p

When u gettin it man . ur from chandigarh na how are they charging u 6k less man this dealer told me 47k al inclusive ll bargain just asked the specsa and cme . he dint hava lappy but i saw asus F5Sl there wit 3470 graphics...

Last edited:
OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Im probably gonna get it the next week. In their brochure it is mentioned that its for 47k but thats just an indicative price..the actual price I confirmed from the zenith showroom in chandigarh is 44k final. But a guy who knows me who deals in computers etc. will get it for me from the distributor i think at 41k!:D
Please reconfirm from the zenith outlet in your city that its actually for 47k or not..
anyways...best of luck for your purchase...:cool:

Roadripper

Journeyman
i asked in the zenith outlet in brochure he said it was 47k and i dint ask abt reducing yet..just enquried and came...i am tempted abt this config don wan hasssles atleast 3-4 yrs...and wat abt resale value ...service and reliability

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I have mentioned before too about the service support of zenith. Here it is again:
1. All laptops are ICT passed(Indian Condition Testing )
2. Support at 450+ locations in india
3. 24x7 ONSITE support in all metros and major cities.
so its quite good actually...
Dont know much about resale value and stuff like that..but one thing i can say is that since this laptop's got a very high configuration which some people havent even heard of..it certainly is futureproof and so i expect a good resale value...
and as for reliabilty..that guy whom i told u bout who already has this laptop says that he hasnt had any problems...hes had it for a month or two though...but hes sayin that he is satisfied..

Roadripper

Journeyman
This is one awesome config lappy.. did u buy it how are u gettin /?? dealer told me 47k.. even i am buyin this lappy soon gotta go home and ask dad today if he say yes nw i need to convince him today when i go home today. check PM .. ...

threeonethree

Journeyman
please post a complete review this laptop when you finally get it . also please provide details about availabilty of drivers for vista /xp / linux .. install xp /linux on it and tell us about your experience.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
A little bad news for all the people w8in for the review and for me too.. :(
Actually the guy who was to get the laptop for me has told my dad that there is a chance of drop in prices in March coz he says that distributors try to cover their target sales before filing the tax returns which take place in March..... but i dunno if this would really be so...will have to w8 for 10-15 days more now!! argghh!! :mad: :-? 10 more sleepless nights! :(
btw...wat do u say? do prices usually drop in march? ?

Last edited:
OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
ohkk! thanks for sayin dat...just hope they do othawise all this waitin will be futile..:( ..but my dad ain't agreein and i've also got my xams in b/w so it'll be really hard to concentrate.. :p

Roadripper

Journeyman
i might even wait now as need to collect some cash dad nt allowing me 2 take loan too... so by april may i might buy ..:cry:

Nishant

Broken In
guys dont worry.. i am ordering this laptop on monday, get it in next 3 days(i.e wed or thr)... will post a review...

I was planning to buy a laptop from last two months. This is my first ever laptop purchase. Believe me.. i have done so much market/brand/quality/price R&D. I have seen a demo of almost every laptop in market. Even laptops from US markets(some of my friends just got them).

Finally my research says that zenith is the one to go. will post more details when i get it.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Im buyin it tomorrow or day after!! :D
What price are u gettin it at man?!?
Im gettin it at around 41k..thru a guy who knows me well..
I've been waiting for months...now its finally coming! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom