Zenith Director Plus Ultra Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
I recently found out bout this new laptop from Zenith Computers...its got an awesome config. and a mind boggling price...
Core 2 Duo T5800 2ghz processor
4GB DDR2 RAM
320 GB HDD
Geforce 9600 M GS with 512 MB DEDICATED VRAM!!
and the rest of the standard features..
The estimated price is around 36k-40k...:D
but i wanna know wat the xact price is ...
so please lemme know what its exact price is (incl taxes,levies etc.)
And if anyone has this laptop then plz post its review ASAP!!
Thanks... :D

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Well.. Is this the correct place to ask for one? Reviews? I dont know..

Anyways, that sounds like a hot deal. I also came to knoe about it recently.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
ohkkk....sorry for posting such a question here...so if u need a review that is then go over to this link...:D...
*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Zenith_Director_Plus_Ultra/551-97098-616.html

but in the review they've mentioned that its got 1 gb ram and 160gb HDD which is wrong and its actually got 4gb RAM! and 320 GB HDD!! :D
and now if someone could tell me anything more on this laptop and the exact price(inc. taxes) ?? Is there an option of not getting original windows...coz then it could be cheaper by 3k...
The techtree site says the price is 40k and this one *answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081223200952AAihOPD
says that its for 36k!! :D:-o

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@abhisheksohal

Prices maybe cheaper on the street. Also, these laptops dont have a tap on the specifications. So the model reviewed may have had only 1GB RAM.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
i've checked the zenith site and there too its mentioned that its got 4gb ram! and 320 gb HDD!! but i wanna know if zenith is a reliable company or not...coz u know its an Indian brand...so thats why i am also lukin into lenovo 3000 G430a with geforce 9300M GS..but this zenith one has got much better config. and also a geforce 9600M GS which would be way better than 9300...thats why i am confused b/w what to choose..plz help me out...i dont want to compromise on reliability..

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
in the review it says:

"Heats up quite a bit"

its quite a prblm for a Notebook owner... :D :D this heating thingy blew up ma notebooks mobo :p

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
Im not concerned about the heating etc. ..all im concerned is about performance..and reliabilty of parts etc. for cooling i can obv. use a cooling pad..

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
@azaad_shri75
What world do u live in!?? Intel T5800 is an old dual core?!?!??! Its one of the latest from Intel...i think its under the Centrino 2 range of processors...
And i enquired Zenith showroom in Chandigarh and the price of this laptop is 38k(incl. tax)...if one doesn opt for genuine vista business...its definitely a steal at that price...compared to the features its got...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
simple example

650VA Mercury UPS costs 1000 bucks less than APC UPS and is thinner and looks better too. But it's crap.

In Indian brands, I prefer HCL over Zenith. Their laptop lineup is much more matured and their support team are much more technical.

OP
abhisheksohal

abhisheksohal

Red till Death..
yeah XPS 1530 would be best if budget is not an issue...coz if u configure it with the same config. as this zenith laptop ,the xps would come out to be priced at more than 60k...and this one is for around 40k...:D

prakash.gourav

Noobness unleashed....
Yeah, money is not an issue. Actually i was considering hp dv5-1015tx but i was unable to find it even at 1 shop.
The only thing holding me back of xps is that it has a buggy gpu.
Wel, now i dont hav a choice. Shud i buy from dell online or do u people think a local store can have it at a cheaper price?
Also i read sumwhere if one call dell & bargain they might take off some taxes.(unbelievable) Is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom