Zebronics old PRO 650w is actrally a PC&C Silencer Mk II 500W

sanjiv007

Right off the assembly line
I have a old Zebronics PRO 650w smps which i bought from Delhi, India. At the time i regarded Zebronics as a very good company and i was thinking that their PRO power supplies were worth the 3.6k they were charging. But i found out its not so. First of all the Zebronics PRO 650w is no where to be found on the Zebronics website. I understand its an older model but still should be archives. Secondly the 80% efficiency is false took the smps to testers and it comes out to be as 75% efficient. Thirdly the model i chose did not have any PCIe cables but i got a single molex to PCIe attachment. Its output's are: +3.3V@25A,+5V@25A,+12V@50A, -12V@0.3A,+5VSB@2.5A In fact this is inflated, on opening the PSU it was identified as an PC&C Silencer Mk II 500W. Yes 500W PSU relabeled as 650W shame on you Zebronics. Silencer Mk II 500W The Zebronics unit does not have any PCIe connectors at all maybe that is a cost cutting measure and also the whole case is sliver and not black "another cost cutting measure" According to the pcpower website the Silencer Mk II 500W has a peak of 600W and Zebronic claims 650W is totally absurd. The new zebronic units are Antec re-brands i have heard but if the PRO ones are also Antec i dont know but since they use multi rail designs now rather than single rail i would not be surprised.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Zebronics SMPS sucks from the start only!
a Corsair vx450 will provide more clean power than that ****!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@mathikutty - if you by chance comeback to this thread, then this is the place where you should be heading onto: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/131441-adding-new-harddisk-zebronics-bijli.html

mathikutty

Broken In
i cannot post new threads.
whenever i tried to post new thread it dispalyed ''The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.''
But i can reply existing threads.

paroh

Padawan
i cannot post new threads.
whenever i tried to post new thread it dispalyed ''The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.''
But i can reply existing threads.

Same problem here mostly in random news and technology news

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I have a old Zebronics PRO 650w smps which i bought from Delhi, India. At the time i regarded Zebronics as a very good company and i was thinking that their PRO power supplies were worth the 3.6k they were charging. But i found out its not so. First of all the Zebronics PRO 650w is no where to be found on the Zebronics website. I understand its an older model but still should be archives. Secondly the 80% efficiency is false took the smps to testers and it comes out to be as 75% efficient. Thirdly the model i chose did not have any PCIe cables but i got a single molex to PCIe attachment. Its output's are: +3.3V@25A,+5V@25A,+12V@50A, -12V@0.3A,+5VSB@2.5A In fact this is inflated, on opening the PSU it was identified as an PC&C Silencer Mk II 500W. Yes 500W PSU relabeled as 650W shame on you Zebronics. Silencer Mk II 500W The Zebronics unit does not have any PCIe connectors at all maybe that is a cost cutting measure and also the whole case is sliver and not black "another cost cutting measure" According to the pcpower website the Silencer Mk II 500W has a peak of 600W and Zebronic claims 650W is totally absurd. The new zebronic units are Antec re-brands i have heard but if the PRO ones are also Antec i dont know but since they use multi rail designs now rather than single rail i would not be surprised.

I have not used any Zebronics PSU, but if you've quoted the specs correctly, those figures alone indicate that they are not a reliable company:

12V*50A = 600W
5V*25A = 125W(The 3.3V rail is taken from the 5V rail so that it is not counted separately)
Total = 725W which is much higher than the total rating.

If they can't get a simple maths like this correctly, that says a lot about the company.

pegasus

Journeyman
sanjiv007 sir,
When you posted 50A on 12v, does the label mention that exactly?
Or were there 2x 12v rails (12v1 and 12v2) of 25A each and you just added them up when you posted here?
Can you please post a picture of the sticker/label on the psu that carries the specs chart?

Top Bottom